What is your reason for running?

Options
What reason gets you out the door everyday?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    So I can eat whatever I want!!!! Oh and work my heart too.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Because I committed to running a 5K and the only way I will ever accomplish that is by training.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It used to be "to see if I could"... now it is "Because I can"
    The alone time helps too!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I like feeling in shape. Simple as that...........
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My body shaped changed when I ran - not hugely - but it did change. And I dropped weight like crazy. And I felt great mentally.

And now I'm more convinced then ever to get my butt running again.
  • ssreleford
    Options
    Because I get the best payoff in the least amount of time. And, because the more I run, the more I love running.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I love the time to myself, the challenge, the gratification of pushing on to another goal, the scenery,...sadly i tweaked my hammy sunday so i am resting it, god i want to run so bad!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

This! :heart:

Plus, it enables me to eat pretty much whatever I want, and keeps me feeling a bit more sane.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    zombies
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Knowing that I'm doing something I never thought I could do :)
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this. Running is still hard for me but I feel amazing and accomplished when I am done with a run!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Stress relief. My job tends to be very stressful. I find if I run 4-5 times a week, I am a much happier person.

Of course, losing weight is what really started me running... now I run for the relief it brings.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to die. Don't want a heart attack, don't want a stroke.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I love it. I love love love it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    More than anything else, running makes me feel strong, capable, in control of myself and my body. I grew up believing I 'couldn't run', because I'm not very fast and I'm not really 'built' to run (top heavy!). But actually, I can. Knowing I can do this helps me to challenge some of the other childhood stories that have become fixed in my head (like I'm doomed to be fat....)

Also, I love the post run buzz. It's great.

And I like other runners. They're encouraging and kind, and always happy to talk about it!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Because i love challenging myself and i love the burns i get from it.
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Because I wasnt able to do it before. Just telling myself I ran three miles without stopping is the best pick me up!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's a million times cheaper than therapy.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Because I LOVE IT! Especially running outside but it truely gives me a challange everytime and I like that!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I love the time to myself, the challenge, the gratification of pushing on to another goal, the scenery,...sadly i tweaked my hammy sunday so i am resting it, god i want to run so bad!

Same here with desire but need to rest. Knee hurt since Friday but slowly getting better. Cannot wait to hit the pavement again. It is like a crack addiction to me. Just gotta run.