- Work by 7:50 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Mini meals 😀
    - Log food😀
    - Bike ride or laundry & cooking😀
    - Maybe a half day, cause I'm tanked.😀
    - Shower😞
    - Bed early 😀

Left work early yesterday and took a nap. Then I got ready to go for a bike ride, but it got rained out. So I went home, had some dinner and worked on laundry.

Today has an early start. Mom had a mammogram scheduled for 6:30am. I texted her yesterday told her I’d pick her up at 6:10. I got there at 6:05, and she was still in bed. She thought we had rescheduled it. She often imagines things and thinks they are real. She managed to get ready quickly and we still made it on time.

I am not a morning person, so my patience is thin today. Wish I could go home after and go back to sleep, but I have meetings.

No plans for this evening. Tomorrow is the first day of school here, so we’ll probably start home and have a family dinner.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 5:15 😀
    - Weigh 😀
    - Mom’s by 6:10 😀
    - Mammogram at 6:30 😀
    - Work
    - Mini meals
    - Log food
    - Put away laundry
    - Dinner together maybe burgers.
    - bed early

Happy Wednesday all!

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 8/16
    - breakfast ✅
    - morning snack (banana) ✅
    - Lunch: leftovers from last night ✅
    - Dinner: ??? [ended up being a sandwich from Firehouse Subs and some homemade peach cobbler for dessert] ✅
    - Yoga ✅
    - Drink at least 32 oz of water ✅

Goals for 8/17
    - drink 32 oz of water
    - eat at least one serving of fruit or veggies
    - Yoga
    - Eat at least 1400 calories

Spending more time with visiting family today. No clue what I’m doing for lunch and dinner, so makes it very hard to plan ahead. At least one meal will probably be eaten out though. Guess I’ll just have to do the best I can with tracking the calories to make sure I get enough.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Park walk.
    2. School; journal. Read Twisted novel during planning. Finish?
    3. Duolingo. Write up proposal. Check on duty for next week; set up lunch meeting with A&J.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads. Check MFP long-term.
    5. Write S&F!! Finish independent reading script. Shoot.
    6. Record screencast for book list script. Check with M about attendance AT END OF 2ND.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream; Twitter event. Dinner: Pizza! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN/AR about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Email N - need to get signups for farmer's market BEFORE getting a table! Check with D about trunk or treat and about signups for farmer's market.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. This has been an AWFUL WFTY. I hardly even know HOW to focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited August 2022
    @clicketykeys I can relate about WFTY. Mine (tenacity) has not described how I've been at all this year.

Recap 8/16 T
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi before work :mrgreen: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 15.1K 35 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :s Evening snacking! Net cals -198, high sodium, fiber calcium & protein excellent, carbs good, 96 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / schedule visit to Warehouse for 7 year records / Facebook Live video = spent time helping co-worker then chatting/bitching, registered for yet another round of online training assigned to use up budget dollars during fiscal year, then later my computer lost connectivity... apparently our docking stations are becoming obsolete but replacements on back-order oh joy
    5) Gas in car on way home / review more ins. info / schedule oil change & submitted PTO form / another ta-da? TA-DA! made hummer food & refilled feeder, some digital decluttering
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = sooo tired at bedtime lately, but managing to get up for early walks yay

JFT 8/17 Happy Hump Day
    2) Move hourly / pace during 2 hour webinar / stairs breaks
    3) Sautee summer squash & leftover hot dogs for supper / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / schedule visit to Warehouse for 7 year records / webinar 10-12 / complete summary form, pdf & digital sign / request manual survey & Chat from John (both blocked by workplace network) / leave 3:30 (OOO message on)
    5) Kitty's annual physical 4:00 (hopefully we get her in carrier without a disaster) / review some ins. info / final city band concert of summer in park 7:30 / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog, mammo 8:30 & take incentive reimbursement form, then work in office)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me)
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited August 2022
    Didn't get much done yesterday, but I managed to work in a short walk on a nearby trail. The cooler weather has been wonderful - I woke up well-rested and full of energy today, so I'll attack the rest of yesterday's list. Once I restock the fridge with healthy options, it will be easier to get back to more balanced meals.

Recap - Tuesday, 8/16
    Balanced meals - Okay until I decided to just get pizza for dinner.
    Hydrate - :)
    Outdoor exercise - :)
    Clean up kitchen - A bit, but still a lot to do
    Grocery shop? - No
    Pharmacy? - No
    Recycling - :)
    Catch up with JFT friends - Didn't get back on last night

JFT Wednesday 8/17
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Outdoor exercise
    Finish post-party clean-up
    Finish up kitchen
    Grocery shop
    Pharmacy?
    Catch up with JFT friends
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,559 Member
    JFT for 8/17/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 8/14)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/18
    4) 1.5 oz hard cheese today + little left over piece (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/15) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 8/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 8/14)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    JFT on Tuesday, 8/16/22
    • Create 24H Plan :star:
    • Fill 64 oz pitcher of water and squeeze lime/lemon for juice. Drink 64 oz water before 7pm. :star:
    • Close Activity rings on Apple watch :star:
    • Declutter 15 minutes / Digital Declutter 15 minutes :star:
    • Go to mom's and begin sewing blocks to make the Lori Holt Vintage Christmas quilt. :star:
    • Listen to podcasts / Reflections / Journal :star:
    • Do one thing on my "Joy List". :star:
    • Home Care list and Ta Da's :star:Laundry; dust; moved books to other bookcase in basement; rearranged cookbooks; cleaned normal stuff.
    • Evening routine. :star:

I had a list of goals in my head today but time got away from me before I could post them! So, I'll post them below now and update tomorrow morning anything I can't mark off as done yet tonight.

My husband has been retired for about 6 years now, and yesterday he started a part-time handyman type job. He can go in and work on little projects as they pop up at the company that hired him. So...basically he can work as much or as little as he wants, when he wants and get paid a nice wage for it. I'm pretty happy for him, since he has been wanting some extra money for hobbies. It sure feels weird to be home alone though. I took over the morning dog walk yesterday and today and that felt great! He said he will take it back tomorrow since he won't be working, but I kind of hope he will let me just keep it. It's good for me and I enjoy it so much! Soon enough, winter will be here and then I'd be happy to give it back! bahaha! 🤣😂😏

I hope y'all had a great day! 😎🌼

JFT on Wednesday, 8/17/22
    • Create 24H Plan and assess yesterday's. :star:
    • Fill 64 oz pitcher of water and squeeze lime/lemon for juice. Drink 64 oz water before 7pm. :star:YAY!!!! I normally struggle with getting water in, especially before 7PM!
    • Close Activity rings on Apple watch :star:
    • Declutter 15 minutes :star: / Digital Declutter 15 minutes
    • Walk Maddie :star:
    • Listen to podcasts :star: / Reflections / Journal :star:
    • Do one thing on my "Joy List". :star:Took a walk in the morning after coffee. Quilting YouTube Videos
    • Home Care list and Ta Da's :star: Vacuum; Sweep kitchen, dining, bedrooms, bathrooms and hallway; cleaned refrigerator; folded laundry; picked up backyard; paid bills.
    • Evening routine.

WOTY: Intentional I will make intentional choices this year which will push me forward toward my goals.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,559 Member
    JFT for 8/17/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 8/14)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/15)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/18✔️
    4) 1.5 oz hard cheese today + little left over piece (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/15) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 8/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    6) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.✔️
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16) ✔️
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)✔️Didn't eat today.
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 8/14)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).✔️
    JFT for 8/18/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 8/14)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/18
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/17) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 8/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)
    9) Pumpkin or yam today (last 8/14)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @clicketykeys I'm right there with you, I like food. Too much, apparently.
    @clicketykeys I can relate about WFTY. Mine (tenacity) has not described how I've been at all this year.
    I feel you. It's been such a challenge!

JFT Thursday
    1. Park walk. Take a tunic shirt.
    2. School; journal. Read SVTC during planning.
    3. Duolingo. Write agreement script.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads. Check MFP long-term.
    5. Write S&F!! Shoot independent reading script.
    6. Record screencast for book list script. Review long-term goals and create weekly goals.
    7. Organize office. YMCA classes.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Design voter registration sign. Email N - need to get signups for farmer's market BEFORE getting a table! Check with D about trunk or treat and about signups for farmer's market. Lunch meeting Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Did some journaling today. Maybe that counts???
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Has anyone heard from Joan? @mytime6630 Hope all is going well for you! I think about you often.

No, I asked a couple of weeks ago too xx

I checked my friends list though and it says she hasn't been on MFP for 22 days :( hope she's okay x

I'll send her an email and see if she replies. I hope she is too, as well as her family! 💖
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    [/quote]

Goals for 8/17
    - drink 32 oz of water ✅
    - eat at least one serving of fruit or veggies ✅
    - Yoga ❌
    - Eat at least 1400 calories 🤷‍♀️

[/quote]

Don’t know how to count the calories for the burgers my Dad cooked on the grill for dinner tonight. They were delicious though!
    Also don’t know how to count the strawberry shortcake I had for dessert, or the few bites of peach cobbler I had after lunch. I think I met my goal of 1400 calories, but I’m not sure. Back on the healthy eating train tomorrow. I’ve really enjoyed my brother being here for the past couple days.
  • BatCola
    BatCola Posts: 64 Member
    This is the way!!!... I have lived by this and it so works!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,302 Member

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 5:15 😀
    - Weigh 😀
    - Mom’s by 6:10 😀
    - Mammogram at 6:30 😀
    - Work :smiley:
    - Mini meals :smile:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Put away laundry :smiley:
    - Dinner together maybe burgers. :( Everyone was everywhere...
    - bed early :smiley:

Happy Wednesday all!

Was so tired yesterday at work I actually closed my door and took a 30 minute nap. Sooooo unlike me, but I just couldn't function. Even though I'm going to bed earlier, I guess my quality of sleep has been poor. Feeling a little run down today, but not like yesterday. I was ravenous all day yesterday, but tried to stick to my eating plan. I did sneak in a slice of cheese, but kept the carbs at bay. Family dinner was a bust, V went shopping, Sierra worked until 10:00 and hubby worked late. He picked up Chipotle on the way home. It was yummy, but didn't seem to touch my hunger.

We had a fume release at work this morning, which means the plant is locked down, no one in or out except emergency personnel. I ended up sitting in the parking lot for an hour taking meetings on my phone. I was still crazy hungry, luckily, I had packed food and I have a ton of drinks in my car (water, Gatorade, Gatorade Zero).

I was hoping to get out early today and go for a ride, but it isn't looking good for that. Just scheduled a meeting for 3:00pm, grrrrr... After the meeting I'll go to mom's to sort bills. If I get home before 5:00pm I may still try to ride.

Today is the first day of school for V, I hope she has a better year this year than last. Less drama would be awesome.

JFT Thursday (almost Friday)
    - up at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 6:45 :smiley:
    - Mini meals
    - meetings
    - Print out Cora's vet records for mom
    - leave work by 4:00
    - Mom's
    - Ride
    - Dinner
    - Shower
    - Bed

Happy Thursday y'all!

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Got a lot done yesterday, and the house is almost back to normal. My younger son and his spouse moved back to NJ last week and are staying with us until they find a place. I've really been enjoying their company, so I haven't been online much. The weather has been pleasantly cool, so I've even been enjoying the outdoor chores. We'll see if it lasts!

Recap - Wednesday 8/17
    Balanced meals - :)
    Hydrate :)
    Outdoor exercise - :) Long walk in the park with my daughter
    Finish post-party clean-up - Outside is done :) Inside is mostly done.
    Finish up kitchen - Not quite, but I did a quick fridge clean out
    Grocery shop - :) Costco AND Wegmans, whew!
    Pharmacy? - No
    Catch up with JFT friends - Still need to go back a few pages and read

JFT Thursday, 8/18
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Outdoor exercise
    Finish clean-up
    Pharmacy?
    Catch up with JFT friends
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    I need to start with positive thinking.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited August 2022
    @mytime6630 So glad to "see" you Joan. Congrats on closing in on retirement, I think you've earned it!

Recap 8/17 Happy Hump Day
    2) Move hourly / pace during 2 hour webinar / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 15.5K 29 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Sautee summer squash & leftover hot dogs for supper / net calories zero / 96 oz. water :smiley: Net cals green 97, sodium ok-ish, fiber & carbs excellent, protein & calcium low, 72 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / schedule visit to Warehouse for 7 year records no time, on phone w/ KSB again / webinar 10-12 / complete summary form, pdf & digital sign / request manual survey & Chat from John (both blocked by workplace network) / leave 3:30 (OOO message on)
    5) Kitty's annual physical 4:00 (hopefully we get her in carrier without a disaster ~ hubby had lulled her into sense of security then I took advantage & got her by the scruff, the only way we can get her into a carrier :# btw she avoided me the rest of the evening) / review some ins. info / final city band concert of summer in park 7:30 / another ta-da? TA-DA! researched Painting Pottery choices for upcoming dept. "retreat" (lunch & project at our own expense ~ oh happy day, like I need or want any of this stuff), exchanged emails with new Music Director at church ~ choir is finally restarting yay
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog, mammo 8:30 & take incentive reimbursement form, then work in office)

JFT 8/18 R
    1) Out the door nearly 15 min. late & chatted with neighbor 2 min. but walked dog 3.04 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Mammogram 8:45 ~ nearly forgot appt, realized at 7:45 where I needed to be, remembered incentive form for signature & made it on time :smiley: / scan & submit incentive form :smiley: $50 pending
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    4) Net calories zero (not sure about supper) / 96 oz. water
    5) T31 audit / schedule visit to Warehouse for 7 year records / complete manual survey & submit / download CPE, print for my files & submit with webinar summary form / clear recent emails
    6) Call mom & dad (maybe visit next week while on vacation?) / draft Honor Flight letter to uncle / research Nature of Light exhibit & make reservation for next week / charity request pile / review some ins. info / another ta-da?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday I was notified by Social Security Admin that my Medicare application has been approved. One step closer to retirement! Yay!

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me)
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited August 2022
    Will try to get back in the habit of posting goals .. ha .. maybe I can get the scale to move!
    JFT, Thurs
    1. mow grass
    2. help daughter tonite ... last nite she flooded her apartment when toilet bowl ran over. Also flooded the downstairs apartment .. but it was not too bad. I helped her clean up everything and wash all the towels twice! So I told her I would help her to clean the entire apartment. I keep hoping by having a nice apartment she will keep it that way. When someone suffers from deep depression.. this is the last thing they worry about though.
    3. do laundry
    4. go for a 5 mile walk since I skipped the gym. On the days I mow the grass.. I skip the gym. getting older, and just can't do both. But .. if I feel OK, going to head out for a walk in the afternoon.. it is beautiful out!
    4. log all food. I have been concentrating heavily on eating more protein, which is helping me with binge eating. If I don't buy sweets I can't eat them! Last nite I went to the store, and rather than buy a box of ice cream, I bought myself a ice cream snickers bar (for $1.00!). But that was still 250 calories.. so I have to get back to buying cantalope or watermelon instead of the ice cream.
    5. concentrate on water!
  • mytime6630
    I need to start with positive thinking.

This is the first step! I am reading a book called "The Shift" .. about changing the way we talk to ourselves.
  • mytime6630
    BatCola wrote: »
    This is the way!!!... I have lived by this and it so works!

Small goals, and taking it one day at a time works! I am reading books about setting just mini goals with fast rewards rather than make a goal like .. lose 20 pounds, or never snack at nite. Finding saying I will not snack on Monday nite, or I will snack on apple versus ice cream ... swapping one thing for another instead of giving it up completely.