5'3" What is your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

I'm an hourglass and my "fun bags" are there no matter what I weigh. If you lose them when you loseweight, you're not a true hourglass. Body shape is not dependant on weight.

Thats not completly true since you can sculpt for example the butt to be bigger and jucier. And my funbags where still big when i was 145, and probably stood out more then they do now.
    You can add muscle to make your butt bigger, but I don't think that makes it "juicier" just firmer. :)

My "funbags" haven't changed much with the weight I've lost so far. I started at a 36B and I'm now a 34C. I also find that my curves are there no matter what my weight: 115 to 140 and everywhere in between. They are just not as well-defined at higher weights since my waist gets bigger along with everything else.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm an hourglass and my "fun bags" are there no matter what I weigh. If you lose them when you loseweight, you're not a true hourglass. Body shape is not dependant on weight.

Thats not completly true since you can sculpt for example the butt to be bigger and jucier. And my funbags where still big when i was 145, and probably stood out more then they do now.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you need to look up what an hourglass is. A big butt does not an hourglass make.

It's hips, bust, waist and shoulders that make an hourglass.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am with you... I will be tickled to get down to 150's and then re-evaluate. I was in the 125-130 range out of high school but I really don't know if I feel it necessary to get that skinny again even with a small frame. I think a secondary goal for me will reasonably be in the 140 area. I am taking baby steps this tima around and maybe I will actually succeed!
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & 1/2 and I have my goal set at 120 but I can't really see myself getting down that far and being "fit." I was 120 lbs in high school but I was a competitive distance runner. I think I will probably stop at 130ish. I am a small frame, I think, not really sure lol.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you need to look up what an hourglass is. A big butt does not an hourglass make.

It's hips, bust, waist and shoulders that make an hourglass.

Where did I say that? I would guess we´re talking about the same thing but since english is not my first language im having a hard time getting my point across.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (on a good day). I'm thinking my goal is 140. 130 would be nice, but not sure yet if I could maintain that. I'm thinking about trying it. Still a ways to go before it becomes an issue.
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    Well I'm clearly the odd one out. I'm shooting for 155 or so. However I carry 127lb. of lean muscle mass so I'm in a different spot than some of you!!

How do you determine how much lean muscle mass you carry? I'm still new to all of this!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and my goal is 125, but I am going to see how I look and reassess once I get there. I think I may change my final goal to 115.
  • cycarly
    Options
    That's exactly my issue! Lowest I've been was 155 and I'm working towards that now since I gained a good 20 pounds in the past 6 months. I was 220 for a very long time a while ago. At 5'3 I should be 135 so fingers crossed on getting there! Good Job on your weight loss!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Well I'm clearly the odd one out. I'm shooting for 155 or so. However I carry 127lb. of lean muscle mass so I'm in a different spot than some of you!!

Generally I feel like a slacker when threads like this are answered... I have a high goal weight.

According to the last BMI I had on 7/27 I had 127.4 pounds lean weight and 45.5 pounds fat weight. I am working towards 160- 165 for my goal. I was 145 when I was twenty after having my son. I look at pictures and think that I was too skinny. I might work on lowering my fat percent but I will maintain 160-165 for some time before working on going lower. :wink:
  • fleetwitch
    fleetwitch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks I will see how things look when I get that far. Right now being 184 is a shock, but I want to be a little more in the thin range. I promise the Dr that I won't be the Karen Carpenter person and I know when to stop
    Fleety
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5" and my gw is 125, but I would be content at 130. When I met my husband 8 yrs ago I weighed 132, and I looked very thin, but not too thin. I can't remember the last time I weighed 125...jr. high maybe?

I'm currently 144, but I have some serious body fat to shed after having my kiddo. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs, so if I end up losing several inches rather than pounds, I will NOT be upset ;)
  • superxc55
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and at 124. I'd like to be around 115, but I've hit this 124 mark, and I get as low as 122, but just keep bouncing around in this area. I'm trying to work on working out and getting fitter and leaner so that hopefully I become content with this range if its as long as my body will go.
  • amomatt
    Options
    Am 5"3

I want to get my body fat down to 25%, it's currently 32.5. Using one fo teh calculators it estimates my ideal weight at aroundf 136 to achieve that. My original goal was 62 kg and now that I'm within 5 kgs of that I'm really just "looking" at my % number (not that I don't get super excited if I ahve a good loss on the scales!)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and would ideally like to be around 120. I'm currently 138! :)
  • fleetwitch
    fleetwitch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    AHHHH...I only lost .6lbs today! I excersise my bunns off and everything and nothing! sigh I feel like a failure. Only 1.7 pounsd in two weeks. Help I need motivation.
    Fleety
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of lean muscle, so I'm 125 - 127. At this weight I'm a women's size 0, but I'm a curvey woman's size 0 (and I'm learning not even to look at juniors because there is no leg room in those bad boys).
  • ryanfeltz
    Options
    5'3 and my current goal is 140. I may change that to 130 depending on how I feel once I meet that goal. I am not a small frame so even with the MFP numbers, I would still be a healthy weight at 140. I am top heavy and thick legs so I just have to work on that little waist...well, I need to find it really! :happy:

you and me could be "twinkies" .... our bodies sound very similiar
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    5'2" and my goal weight right now is 125. Once I get there I will see how healthy I am and how easy it is to maintain and decide.