What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    idk whether to go all black like goth school girl or black & white like strict prep school

I'll be the contrarian, I like the black and white.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    idk whether to go all black like goth school girl or black & white like strict prep school

I mean, goth black is hard to go wrong with.

noted. you think a choker is too much?
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options

…actually I think it’s an important part of the ensemble

• ermengarde22
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »

oooo sorry, you’ve been outvoted
  • OnlyPans
    Options

Your funeral :smirk:
  • ermengarde22
    Options

its fashion sweetie you wouldn’t understand
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

I 2nd this
  • OnlyPans
    Options

its fashion sweetie you wouldn’t understand

That hurts. That hurts real bad. :sad:
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options

No, not too much 😈😜
  • Troopadour
    Troopadour Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot!!!
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    it’s complete bull *kitten* that we cant teleport yet
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Or fly in our cars - but I guess we do walk around with computers in our pockets - I didn’t see that coming back in 88 - take the good with the bad I guess
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Or fly in our cars - but I guess we do walk around with computers in our pockets - I didn’t see that coming back in 88 - take the good with the bad I guess

There's an interesting thought experiment to be found in the Transporter from Star Trek. Since it demilitarizes (basically destroying it) then completely re-assembles it..

Is it a new person that is the end product of re-materialization or is it the same person? If our consciousness is transferred over, is really the only thing that makes us, us.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

There's an interesting thought experiment to be found in the Transporter from Star Trek. Since it demilitarizes (basically destroying it) then completely re-assembles it..

Is it a new person that is the end product of re-materialization or is it the same person? If our consciousness is transferred over, is really the only thing that makes us, us.

🤔
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,047 Member
    Options
    How much worse flying is these days
  • amorfati601070
    edited September 2022
    Options

🤔

I don't think there is really a "correct" answer, its quite subject and depends on your perception of identity. Its the same problem with being able to upload your brain/consciousness into a computer. From a perspective, it could be a method of obtaining immortality. Say you're on your deathbed, you could choose to convert consciousness into data and then you could transfer your consciousness into a virtual reality...or even if possible..some kind of android to "live" in the real world...(but then...androids don't really die (organically)... If you maintain the belief that you are the sum of all your experiences, memories, thoughts, beliefs etc...its still you.

• ermengarde22
    edited September 2022
    Options

its the sci fi ship of theseus thought experiment
  • ermengarde22
    Options

thats true and we all carry around super computers in our jeans and mostly use them to watch cat vids and troll post so maybe science decided we dont deserve the transporters
  • amorfati601070
    edited September 2022
    Options

its the sci fi ship of theseus thought experiment

Exactly!! Just with people instead of an object..which makes so much more interesting!!

cmsienk wrote: »
    How much worse flying is these days

Well at least its not as scary as THE TRANSPORTER..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiNbDVQMRE