Beth's Angels Toning Group (anyone welcomed)

Options

Replies

• heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. My name is Heather. I am a 27 year old single mom to a 6 year old diva...LOL...I have lost a total of 11lbs so far. Still have several to go though. If I can't do sit ups can i do 100 crunches instead?
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - new comers. Anyone is welcomed at anytime. Today is a rest day, but we will pick back up with the missions tomorow.
  • heatherjames84
    Options
    Well good morning everyone!!!!! Getting ready to do my 50 squats....do you log them in or not and if so how????:smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: We are starting week 2 of missions. We are doing 50 squats today. My legs are finally not sore, and I can walk normal again (for now - I am sure it will be a different story tomorrow). Check in when completed. Have a great Monday, everyone.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Well good morning everyone!!!!! Getting ready to do my 50 squats....do you log them in or not and if so how????:smile:

Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort - usually like 10 mins.
  • heatherjames84
    Options

Is that under cardio or strength.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Got mine in! I'm loving this!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    My 50 squats are done - my legs were finally not sore anyone, but I think it will be a whole different story tomorrow (again). They will even be worse after the lunges on Wed.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options

Is that under cardio or strength.

Under Cardio, but I think you found it already. :smile:
  • heatherjames84
    Options
    50 squats done yesterday and today and 50 crunches cause I can't do sit ups :(
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love the accountability here. If I didn't have this, I probably would skip the exercises. But knowing that we are checking in really helps. My legs don't feel so much like jello anymore :smooched:
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mission is 50 sit-ups. I can honestly say that my legs don't hurt today like I thought they would. I am sure my abs will after my sit-ups though. Check in when completed!!! Have a great day.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I love the accountability here. If I didn't have this, I probably would skip the exercises. But knowing that we are checking in really helps. My legs don't feel so much like jello anymore :smooched:

It keeps me accountable too otherwise I would skip them too. Nice job.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options

Have you tried the cheating sit-ups that Jillian has showed us (In Ripped in 30)? I can't do a regular sit-up either unless someone is on my feet. So, you put your arms out in front for stability - it really does help. You still get the benefit of a sit-up in your abs.
  • heatherjames84
    Options

Have you tried the cheating sit-ups that Jillian has showed us (In Ripped in 30)? I can't do a regular sit-up either unless someone is on my feet. So, you put your arms out in front for stability - it really does help. You still get the benefit of a sit-up in your abs.

I haven't because I've never seent he Ripped in 30...
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's missions is 50 lunges. You can do it one of two ways: either 50 total (25 on each leg) or 50 on each leg (totaling 100). I will leave it up to you. How is everyone doing from the missions? I can tell you I am feeling great - no more sorness. Are you seeing a diffference? I think I am in my abs - the tape measure has moved a little. Check in when completed. Have a great day!!!
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did my 50 squats Monday followed by 50 crunches just for the heck of it! I did another 50 crunches last night and i have been doing this all after my two jobs at 9pm every night. If it was not for this group, I would have most likely just said to hell with it and went to bed! So thanks for being an awesome group and keeping us accountable!:)
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I am at the goal weight I set in January for myself so I am ready for a challenge like this. Starting with lunges today.:smile: Thanks for the cool challenge:happy:
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I did my 50 squats Monday followed by 50 crunches just for the heck of it! I did another 50 crunches last night and i have been doing this all after my two jobs at 9pm every night. If it was not for this group, I would have most likely just said to hell with it and went to bed! So thanks for being an awesome group and keeping us accountable!:)

Way to get stuff done - proud of you!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I am at the goal weight I set in January for myself so I am ready for a challenge like this. Starting with lunges today.:smile: Thanks for the cool challenge:happy:

Welcome aboard.