Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Nope, not "real" beer...Coors Edge last night, and now that I've entered for today, it'll have to be the same tonight.

We don't get it here but isn't Coors edge a alcohol free beer @Forestdweller?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75
    You make your own salami??!!

@Breathe57103
    Amalfi Coast sounds wonderful! When do you go?

@MissMay
    I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your roadtrip to your next chapter. Beautiful time of year for long drives.
    Huge change! Brave and wonderful

@Lilylady3k
    Thanks for listing the ingredients of those cocktails, they sound yummy with or without booze : - )

@forestdweller1
    As usual, I very much enjoy reading your posts and they always bring a smile to my face and a giggle.

@globalhiker
    Some times just envisioning that we want to change up some stuff leads to it. Really glad that you had a good weekend in nature and some actual down time.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Sep 1-4: A
    Sep 5, 6: AF :)
    Sep 7-10: A
    Sep 11: AF :)
    Sep 12-24: A >:)
    Sep 25, 26: AF o:)

5 AF/ 26 days

Seems I only check-in when I have a had an AF day or 2... :s
    I am planning to stay AF for the next 3 days... Sep 30th is our wedding anniversary, and quick trip to Vegas. So looking like only 8 AF for Sep. As bad as that sounds to me right now, I am reminding myself that this is much better than I did in August... didn't do a count in August, but don't think it was more than 3-4 days AF. <3

After this weekend, I will be ready to get back to squeezing in more AF days in October!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @Stockholm_Andy ...Yes, Coors Edge is AF, as is @MissMay 's Heineken00.
    I've never been a big beer drinker, except with a table full of Blue Crabs, so I don't notice a difference in taste. Chianti or Malbec is my poison of choice. Truly a poison for my weight and the next day's ambition.
    This knowledge still does not keep me from looking at the bottle with longing...🤗🍷

3 more days til a brand new month !! A "Less Alcohol" month.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75

I do! I got into it a few years ago, and what was a small time hobby has become a bit of my *thing*. I now have a curing chamber, which at the moment holds about 12lbs of Hungarian Salami, 8lbs of Spanish Chorizo, and a half leg prosciutto that's been curing for about 8 months. Before Christmas I'm also going to make a few lbs of 'Nduja (a spicy, spreadable salami) and some traditional Italian, and a couple of whole meat cures (a coppa (cured pork neck) and a bresola (much like a prosciutto, but with beef instead of ham).

I also smoke my own smallgoods and shall be making some kabanosi and pastrami in the coming weeks!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Options
    @Alatariel75

I do! I got into it a few years ago, and what was a small time hobby has become a bit of my *thing*. I now have a curing chamber, which at the moment holds about 12lbs of Hungarian Salami, 8lbs of Spanish Chorizo, and a half leg prosciutto that's been curing for about 8 months. Before Christmas I'm also going to make a few lbs of 'Nduja (a spicy, spreadable salami) and some traditional Italian, and a couple of whole meat cures (a coppa (cured pork neck) and a bresola (much like a prosciutto, but with beef instead of ham).

I also smoke my own smallgoods and shall be making some kabanosi and pastrami in the coming weeks!

That is so cool! Do you need a curing chamber to get started? Or is their a way in before you commit to all the kit?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75

That is so cool! Do you need a curing chamber to get started? Or is their a way in before you commit to all the kit?

I only got one after I got serious about it! If you live somewhere that gets cold in winter, or is you have a basement that stays nice and cool, you can make it there - the traditional way never used a curing chamber!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @tmbg1 Nice work balancing out the month!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

9/26: AF
    Unfortunately my mom fell and broke her kneecap last night. She’s in a lot of pain. I will be her primary caregiver. She has fallen and broken many things in her life and I’m thankful it wasn’t worse.

That sucks about your Mums knee cap Joans a broken kneecap sounds REALLY painful. :#

• Stockholm_Andy
    Options
    pezhed wrote: »
    Proud of myself for last night. I made chili and cornbread and wanted a porter so badly but I resisted, even though DH was drinking. Whew. Now he said he'll take the rest of the week off so hopefully it's easier from here to finish out the month!

Nice work dodging the Porter (I love a nice Porter) and good luck to your DH taking a swerve for the rest of the week too. o:)

My wife was said on Sunday she was having a "white" week this week but changed her mind. Not that she drinks anywhere near the level I do when I'm drinking. Besides I know enough not to make comment on her choices :D