Operation: Sexy Claus Challenge Week #1 9.19.11 (Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    PS - in unrelated news, did anyone watch Biggest Loser? Hello new trainer! He will make watching this season even more enjoyable. Despite his very fine (um, very very fine) attributes - he has passion, enthusiasm, and a great way with words / very motivational. If you missed it, I'd hulu it!!

I will really enjoy watching this season! His smile is infectious. My husband asked me why I was grinning ear to ear at the end of hte episode. He looked at the TV and then said "Oh Lord." :smile:
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...

I think I really need to figure out a way to fit exercise into my day...this new job have me doing some crazy hours and I hardly have time for me. I tried waking at 5:00 am to exercise but that was a major fail. Any ideas from any of you ladies that work crazy hours....I refuse to give up but I dont like how every day it seems I just cant get it done.....so far I'm only egtting workouts in on weekends ( well most of the time)

What type of work do you do? Do you have a desk job? Are you on your feet? The Washington Post recently had a great article about getting in some physical activity while at work. The link to the article is here... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/health/workout-at-work/

I should've added that I if you don't feel comfortable doing these in front of people (especially if you work in a cube), I sometimes go into the handicap stall and do a few exercises to get the blood flowing and as a wake-me-up. :smile:

As for my ideal size... in high school I was a 7, college a 9. I think I would be happy wearing an 11/12 as a woman who has had 2 kids. Just so long as I am comfortable in my skin.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...

I think I really need to figure out a way to fit exercise into my day...this new job have me doing some crazy hours and I hardly have time for me. I tried waking at 5:00 am to exercise but that was a major fail. Any ideas from any of you ladies that work crazy hours....I refuse to give up but I dont like how every day it seems I just cant get it done.....so far I'm only egtting workouts in on weekends ( well most of the time)

So I totally know what you mean. I wake up already at 6:00am and then by the time I get home it is about 6:45pm. Then I have to make dinner, get the little one situated and by then I am exhausted. I have come to the resolve that I have no choice but to wake up early in the morning and get er done. That way at night I don't have to give myself any excuses. It will become a routine soon girl, just stick with it!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! I am trying to figure out why it is only Wednesday lol. However, at least this gives me more time and days in the week to push hard for our first weigh-in right?

Question for the Day: What is your ideal "size"? I know a lot of people have their ideal size number that they would like to be, so what is yours and why?

Hmmmmm when i was about 160 I wore about a size 12 I think I would like to be about a size 8 or 10 not really sure. I really haven't determine my goal weight I guess I'll just keep going until I like was I see in the mirror.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! I am trying to figure out why it is only Wednesday lol. However, at least this gives me more time and days in the week to push hard for our first weigh-in right?

Question for the Day: What is your ideal "size"? I know a lot of people have their ideal size number that they would like to be, so what is yours and why?

.... I was thinking about this and my answer is "i don't know". I mean, in my dream world a 2, maybe 4... but back to reality for a second, if I could squeeze into a 6 I would be thrilled.... Really, I would like to just not have my thighs touch when I walk (and by touch, I mean rub ... a lot!) I have had my eyes set to 120, but 130 would be AWESOME with me.... I guess most importantly is that I would like to feel "comfortable in my own skin" (thowing that to you Krys!) and feel that I didn';t have to wear shorts when I wear a swim suit....
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...

I'm right there with you most days... so what I did yesterday because i knew after I got off work I had so much to do that I wouldnt' have time to exercise... i fit it in as I was doing my daily household chores, I squatted to pick up every piece of laundry, I ran down the hallway to get the clothes, ran back... when i was cooking I was doing some of the foot moves from zumba and just trying to constantly keep moving... I'm sure I looked like a complete idiot.... but I made sure like when I was doing something yesterday that like if it was something where i was standing still I would try to run in place, or kick my legs, etc... I ended up burning almost 800 calories doing that according to my hrm!! so other than my child thinking I'd lost my mind... what does it matter?

As for my ideal size... I'm not sure if you'd call it ideal b/c I don't know what I'm shooting for at this point... but goodness gracious if I could get to like a size 8, a single digit number..... WOW!! haha... I might would drop dead from a heart attack... either way I'd be in heaven! haha :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...

What type of work do you do? Do you have a desk job? Are you on your feet? The Washington Post recently had a great article about getting in some physical activity while at work. The link to the article is here... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/health/workout-at-work/

I should've added that I if you don't feel comfortable doing these in front of people (especially if you work in a cube), I sometimes go into the handicap stall and do a few exercises to get the blood flowing and as a wake-me-up. :smile:

As for my ideal size... in high school I was a 7, college a 9. I think I would be happy wearing an 11/12 as a woman who has had 2 kids. Just so long as I am comfortable in my skin.

Thanks for the reply and the link....Yes I have a desk job and a cubicle...I've done a few lunch time walks but I find I am too tired when I get home to do my workout
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Hi guys...

So I totally know what you mean. I wake up already at 6:00am and then by the time I get home it is about 6:45pm. Then I have to make dinner, get the little one situated and by then I am exhausted. I have come to the resolve that I have no choice but to wake up early in the morning and get er done. That way at night I don't have to give myself any excuses. It will become a routine soon girl, just stick with it!

I totally get that but I've been good all year...yes I missed some days or weeks but for the most part I've been getting my workouts in at least 3 - 4 times a week. But I changed jobs in August and holy batman....the brain work is very draining...I guess I just have to do it...even if its 12:00 midnight
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey...

I'm not sure what my "ideal" pant size would be. What I am aiming for is to comfortable in my own skin. I have never been anything smaller than a 12. When I was in 8th grade I was wearing the 12s and they were tight then. I started MFP in really tight 22s and I am in between 16s and 18s right now. I guess I will see where I stand when I get to my goal.

My workouts so far this week have been going good. The soreness is starting to wear off from the 30 day shred I was going to do some Zumba also today but when I put it in the DVD player I couldnt get it to work. Today was day number 3 of the 30 day shred and still hoping to get it done in 30 days straight.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    As for ideal size I have no idea...before I was in my 120's but that was pre-boobs and hips....I would just love to just look nice in clothes without girdles or spanx or anyother contraption i.e. no love handles or tyres and just feel fit...
    So maybe a size 8 would do
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Size 10-12. I felt comfortable at this size.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;]
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Not really sure about my ideal size. I thought it was a 10... but I'm fitting starting to fit in 12's now, and am not really all that comfortable. I started at a 16 (or 18) depending on the size. I'm starting to think an 8 would be nice -- single digits, you know?
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    PS - in unrelated news, did anyone watch Biggest Loser? Hello new trainer! He will make watching this season even more enjoyable. Despite his very fine (um, very very fine) attributes - he has passion, enthusiasm, and a great way with words / very motivational. If you missed it, I'd hulu it!!

I will really enjoy watching this season! His smile is infectious. My husband asked me why I was grinning ear to ear at the end of hte episode. He looked at the TV and then said "Oh Lord." :smile:

Love it! My hubby was working, so I grinned to my heart's content! :)
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...

I have a very hectic schedule, and what work's best for me is:

1. Getting up early and getting in an AM workout (now, I struggle with this. I am NOT a morning person. I love to wake up at 7am, 6 is tough (but I have to) and anything with a 5 feels like the middle of the night. But... when I get in the habit of doing this - it's great. Truly more energy, and so glad that I started my day out right

2. I only get 30 minutes for lunch - but I make a point to get in a "power walk" any day the weather allows. I really really miss it if I don't.

***Question for the Day: What is your ideal "size"? I know a lot of people have their ideal size number that they would like to be, so what is yours and why?

An 8 would be super dreamy - but I'd be THRILLED with a 10 :0)
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

wow, I'm sorry to get to the party late, I kept looking for updates on the other thread *new to this whole challenge thing* anyhow, I just added my starting weight and measurements on the spreadsheet.

My workout plan this week is as follows: 30 Day Shred

Monday (Level 2 )
    Tuesday Level 2)

Wednesday( Level 3, day 1) done

Thursday (Level 3, day 2)
    Friday (Level 3, day 3)
    Saturday (Level 3, day 4)
    Sunday (Level 3, day 5)

Lately, all I've been doing is the 30 day shred DVD, but I feel I may need to kick it up a notch and do some additional exercises, but not today, level 3 is kickin my butt :ohwell: :sad: maybe after my soreness eases up a bit, ill incorporate some Zumba as well.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! LOVING the participation on the thread...it is pleasing to me! :)

Topic of the Day: Let's talk about self-image...how did you feel about yourself when you were at your "highest" weight vs. how you feel now? I know this may be a deep question for some to answer, however, I have noticed that in my own journey it is also important to tap into these types of questions in order to be truly happy when you do hit your "goal".
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! LOVING the participation on the thread...it is pleasing to me! :)

Topic of the Day: Let's talk about self-image...how did you feel about yourself when you were at your "highest" weight vs. how you feel now? I know this may be a deep question for some to answer, however, I have noticed that in my own journey it is also important to tap into these types of questions in order to be truly happy when you do hit your "goal".

Well where do I start....When I think back to when I was in high school...at my lowest weights, I don't think I ever felt like I was this beautiful girl. I mean yes, I liked to take pictures with friends and thought I cleaned up well, but I was surrounded by girls that I thought were "prettier" than me. As I started gaining weight in college, I noticed by my Sophomore year that I slowly began covering myself up...no shorts, tanktops, etc. After I graduated college in 2007 and into my pregnancy it got extremely baf, I began hating my body, how fat I was, became utterly disgusted with the state I was in. I hate looking in the mirror, my son's father was no help because he didn't exactly say things to make me feel any different about myself. I feel like I was in a depression without even knowing it. How did I go from being an athlete to being obese?!

Fast forward to 2010 and this year...it is like a completely different person! I wore tank tops now without hesitating! I can look in the mirror and feel more confident in who I am...because I know I am working towards being a better version of my old self. I think now, I celebrate those small victories because I know my journey, even if no one else does or understands what it takes in you to try to change your lifestyle. I still have work to do in the confidence arena...but I am getting there! I owe a lot of this to the support from all the wonderful people of MFP because for the first time in my life I have heard people (or seen on a computer screen) call me GORGEOUS or BEAUTIFUL. That means a lot, because it is people who don't even know me. I am slowly getting to the point where I can say those words to myself and mean every syllable.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Hi guys...
    I have a very hectic schedule, and what work's best for me is:

1. Getting up early and getting in an AM workout (now, I struggle with this. I am NOT a morning person. I love to wake up at 7am, 6 is tough (but I have to) and anything with a 5 feels like the middle of the night. But... when I get in the habit of doing this - it's great. Truly more energy, and so glad that I started my day out right

2. I only get 30 minutes for lunch - but I make a point to get in a "power walk" any day the weather allows. I really really miss it if I don't.

Thanks for the reply...
    I might have to try getting up extra early..I get up at 5:30 currently so maybe 5:00 am and a short workout like Shred could work....Thanks for all the advice guys
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options

This is an interesting question....For me when I first gained weight back in 1998 after my first son which was only 10 lbs.... but I hated how I looked and at that time I was only 135lbs, but the tummy and stretch marks did it for me....by the time I hit 150 lbs I couldnt get pass the fact that I was now heavier than when I was pregnant and I became really depressed about it...all the while I tried a number of diets and quick fixes to lose the weight. The main issue though was I wanted to be thin for all the wrong reasons, for boyfriends, to fit in nothing to do with me being healthy....

But the funny thing is by the time I reached 175 lbs I was alot more comfortable with my self....yes I was big but I always felt sexy and could find nice stuff to wear....I stopped stressing about trying to lose weight but on being healthy..but in 2010 when I hit 200+ after my 2nd son is when I realised I had to change....I hated leaving the house....I always made excuses not to go out with friends. Nothing fit, nothiing made me looked nice....it was a horrible period for me....

Now at 177 I will admit that I'm still very concious of my belly but I do feel more comfortable in my own skin. Shopping is still a nightmare but it not dreaded like it was before. What makes me happy is knowing I am doing something about my weight even though most people around me think I am just fine the way I am...I am happy to be doing this for me
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Hey everyone! Hope this week is going great for you all! I missed the question of the day yesterday... My ideal size is probably like a 6 BUT I cant say that for sure because I don't remember the last time I wore a 6 or hoe it looked on me. The wy I see it ish at I do have a goal weight of 140ish but if I get to a place that I love the way I look and feel and if I think losing much more will make me look too skinny for my frame then I will be happy even if the number is higher than what my original goal is. I have always been crazy about the number on the scale and not looked at the big picture: I have had 2 children and am getting older.... Even at 140 I'm more than likely not going to look the same as I did back when I was that weight and younger. As long as I am healthy and happy with the way I look the the number doesn't matter.

Now on to today's question.... I felt discusting at my highest weight which was about 220 (higher obvisouly bedsore I gave birth but that's different). Before I got pregnant I was down to 190 and was finally starting to feel a little better about myself. Right now im at about 199 and feeling better because I know the weight is still coming off and I'm working ymy hardest to accomplish my weight loss goals. I try not to let the way I see myself in the mirror bother me too much right now because I know I'm doing everything I can to fix that. However, I will tell you that I still avoid getting my picture taken. The week after I had my 2nd son (back in august) my mom and brother flew down from Michigan to visit (I now live in SC) and we took my boys to get their pics taken... Well my mom had this bright idea to get us allll in a pic. Can I just tell you that seeing myself in a pic makes me look sooo much bigger than I see myself in the mirror? Granted I had just given birth 5 days before so I have somewhat of an excuse but not much. I just can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to take pics with my fiancé and boys for a Christmas card or just family oils in general.

This doesn't have anything to do with the questions but kind of a NSV I want to share.... Last night it was getting late and I had het to get my workout in because of a hectic day. I told my fiancé that I was just going to take the night off from working out because in was still under calories for the day anyway. Well as I sat there for a few minutes after intild him that it just kept eating at me. I got up, got my workout clothes on and got my butt in gear. I couldn't sit there and not workout knowing my goals and being that much more determined this time around. Before I got pregnant when I first started MFP I could find any excuse to skip a day of working out and it didn't bother me. I'm very proud of myself :) and see that maybe I wasn't 100% ready the last time around. I just want to be a fit and healthy mom and like the way I look. I want to feel/look sexy for my man. I know he loves me no matter what my weight but I know that losing this weight will finitely put a little more spark back in our relationship. I will overall be a happier person and therefore I think things in general will just be
    Bet
    Ter!