"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Looking forward to the weekend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner. Was too lazy to cook and wanted to watch the rest of the game since I had a player going last night (Pittman).

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Exercise: None

Reason: Didn't set my alarm last night. I've gotten to the point where I can wake on time anyway most days, but this morning I slept right through to the time I'd normally be hitting the road. Consequently I got to work on time, but no workout today. Since it was going to be cardio only I'm not terribly put out about it, as I must've needed the sleep more than a session on the elliptical.

Food: Lunch - stir fried steak with rice, Dinner - sloppy joe's

Football: How frustrating last night. With my recent, shall we say, MISadventure with my car, we're down to a single vehicle for now. Since my daughter needed a late pickup from school, I couldn't go to choir, so I figured I'd be able to watch the game, IF I could pull it up online. Technically I did, but the picture was fuzzy and froze constantly, giving me maybe a few seconds at a time with several minutes of freeze time between. I got more "enjoyment" watching a Youtube highlight reel after all was said and done...though that just made me want to pound my head into the wall, watching the mistakes my team made. *sigh* Season's still young, but I feel like we're already dead in the water. And of course all my "friends" at work are letting me know all about it, lol. What are friends for, after all?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Will likely get a haircut too.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. I love Mexican pizza.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. 9ers play later so I'll be able to watch from home.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Korean barbecue restaurant for dinner. Daughter was craving it.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - 5km hills (432 calories)

Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Side Raise <superset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Curls <superset> DB Extend 3x10

Analysis: Just wasn't feeling the deadlifts yesterday, had to drop the weight 20# to get my reps/sets in. All the the other lifts went as planned.

Food: Lunch - Subway, Dinner - chili

Life: Last year just before the NFL season, I cancelled our cable to save money after a coworker introduced me how to watch games online. This year, however, the website is seriously *beep*ing me off, as I'm able to watch maybe 1 game in 5, constant lags, poor picture quality...yet the site is flooded with ads and requests for us to donate. Donate to terrible quality? *sigh* My wife has asked if I want to renew our cable just for my football, and I'm torn between wanting to say yes and enjoy watching again, and say no because we can still use the money.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Good weekend because 9ers and I won blowing out our opponents. Little concerned about the injuries though. But have to enjoy it till the end of the week.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Spent a lot of the weekend resting especially Saturday because I bombed my legs so hard.

• nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x75sec

Analysis: No need to back off the weight today!

Food: Lunch - Sonic, Dinner - homemade French dip sandwiches

NFL: Was thinking about the Broncos season to date. Am I disappointed? Absolutely. But for all the NFL "experts" out there calling for the coach's head, fire the QB, doom and gloom, the most embarrassing team EVER...dudes, chill. We're 2-3, and literally one play per game away from being 5-0. To whit:

vs Seattle: if EITHER goal line carry is a TD instead of a fumble, we win
    vs Las Vegas: if RB Melvin Gordon doesn't fumble in field goal range and get returned for a TD, that's a 10 point swing. We lost by 9
    vs Indianapolis: if QB Russell Wilson sees WR Hamler wide open at the goal line, we win in OT

Season's NOT done yet, folks. Super Bowl bound? Heck, no. Playoff chances still there? You betcha.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Was a zoo at the gym last night. Had to manuever around a lot of members just to train clients. Good thing my knowledge in exercise allows me to do exercises that always require weight or machines.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner last night.

• ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x75sec

Analysis: No need to back off the weight today!

Food: Lunch - Sonic, Dinner - homemade French dip sandwiches

NFL: Was thinking about the Broncos season to date. Am I disappointed? Absolutely. But for all the NFL "experts" out there calling for the coach's head, fire the QB, doom and gloom, the most embarrassing team EVER...dudes, chill. We're 2-3, and literally one play per game away from being 5-0. To whit:

vs Seattle: if EITHER goal line carry is a TD instead of a fumble, we win
    vs Las Vegas: if RB Melvin Gordon doesn't fumble in field goal range and get returned for a TD, that's a 10 point swing. We lost by 9
    vs Indianapolis: if QB Russell Wilson sees WR Hamler wide open at the goal line, we win in OT

Season's NOT done yet, folks. Super Bowl bound? Heck, no. Playoff chances still there? You betcha.
    Oh the 9ers were 3-5 last year and people were calling for Jimmy's head, Shanahan's head and saying Deebo and Kittle were overated. And we made the NFC Championship and were just a smidge away from another SB appearance.
    I think Russ is getting hammered because he's better than Jimmy and he's been afforded a lot of weapons. He'll get on track soon I'm sure. Tough defense.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x30sec

Analysis: I think next week I'll swap the side abs to leg day, and the front abs to pull day. Yesterday doing my planks at the end of leg day, my hip flexors were screaming at me while my core still felt strong. Then again, maybe it'll be worse if I do planks the next day during "leg recovery," we'll see. Of course, odds are I'll completely forget and just keep doing things the same way anyway, lol.

Food: Lunch - Little Caesar's, Dinner - brown sugar ham with mashed potatoes

Fantasy Football: Thanks to the magic that was Travis Kelce on MNF, I went 3-1 again this week, giving me one team 5-0, another team 0-5, and a pair of 3-2's.

Life: As I walked into work today, a coworker complimented me out of the blue about how jacked I look, I must be hitting the gym hard. Comment left me feeling pretty jacked, gotta say.
  • nossmf
    Hey, @ninerbuff, question about Perloff presses, if you don't mind. I've been doing them as sets of ten reps, pushing the handle out while resisting rotation, count to three, pull in, repeat. But a trainer the other day had her client keeping the handle at full extension for a single 10-second rep, then rest. Any thoughts?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey, @ninerbuff, question about Perloff presses, if you don't mind. I've been doing them as sets of ten reps, pushing the handle out while resisting rotation, count to three, pull in, repeat. But a trainer the other day had her client keeping the handle at full extension for a single 10-second rep, then rest. Any thoughts?
    Matter of preference here I think. You do them with a cable I'm assuming?

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Got a lot to do today since my daughter is getting oral surgery tomorrow morning and I won't be in for work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• nossmf
    Hey, @ninerbuff, question about Perloff presses...
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Correct, pulley set to waist height.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x10
    Cable Pushdown 3x10,12,15

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: The Smith machine was in use when I went to do my standing OHP, so I did free standing BB OHP on the Oly station for the first time in a couple months. My ab work is paying off I think, because my core form remained much better through all three sets, which in turn meant I could use heavier weight than last time.

Food: Lunch - fresh grilled hamburger (coworker retirement), Dinner - parmesan chicken with sauteed red potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Hey, @ninerbuff, question about Perloff presses...

Correct, pulley set to waist height.
    Most people that do that is for isometric strength. With more reps and less rest between you're working more on muscular endurance.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Well I have to skip morning clients, class and yard duty because daughter is getting wisdom teeth pulled this morning.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs for dinner. Wanted to make sure my daughter had them because she won't be able to eat them for at least a week.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Looking forward to the weekend.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Beef chow fun for dinner. Daughter had to eat soft foods and noodles are soft. She wasn't complaining.

• nossmf
    Most people that do that is for isometric strength. With more reps and less rest between you're working more on muscular endurance.

Not sure whether I'm more wanting strength or endurance here. My reasoning was simply to attack my abs from multiple angles, once with a weighted contraction, once with a static resist movement. Hence pairing:

Cable crunch vs Plank
    Side DB bend over vs Side Plank
    Cable Wood Choppers vs Perloff Press

I'll try to remember to do the Perloff with single-rep sets of long duration next week, just for sake of comparison. Probably have to reduce the weight involved.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical Hills - 1 hour (583 calories)

Analysis: I keep telling myself I should probably increase the intensity of my cardio sessions, and every time I just load up the same program used before and away I go. Not looking to compete, just a little heart health, maybe a few calories burned towards losing weight each week. (Down another .3# this week.)

Food: Lunch - chili, Dinner - grilled steak with baked potato and broccoli

Life: Last night's dinner was roasting hotdogs and s'mores over a backyard burn pit. Under the stars, no phones, just talking and laughing with the family, good times. But it sure does make getting adequate protein on the day harder when you realize a hotdog with bun comes in at only 6 grams of protein.

Life 2: My daughter's scheduled to have her wisdom teeth removed next month (earliest we could get scheduled), the first day of Thanksgiving break. Here's hoping she can enjoy eating again by the time T-Day hits.