herblovinmom 1 vote
Paleo
4%
leslie062014 1 vote
Whole 30
0%
other
85%
Athijadeninerbuffkshama2001chicbucBarbaraHelen2013IAmTheGluedeemyshrallmusicfan68XellercinVegjoyPDaddy78230corinasue1143LietchiGSPsnBeesnsk1951JaysFan82joyputnam04Rebecca11122 18 votes

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I started off on weight watchers and moved to the stay within my calories method.

Always ate what I wanted. Just not as much.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    other
    I eat fewer calories than I burn
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    other
    No program. I eat pretty much the same foods I ate when I was obese, but in different quantities and/or proportions. Super easy.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I logged my food on MFP and kept within my calorie goal.
    No special program or way of eating needed.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    None of the above. I eat what I like, within my calorie allotment.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,067 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    This one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Just under a year to lose from class 1 obese to a heathy weight (while severely hypothyroid, menopausal, without increasing exercise), and almost 7 years at a healthy weight since, after about 3 previous decades of overweight/obesity before that.

To the others so far who answered 'other': Yup, pretty much. ;):D
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    other
    I eat what I want within the calories I need to lose weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    The eat a little less, move a little more program.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Poor OP :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Calorie counting. Ingesting less than my body burns.
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    other
    You can lose, maintain, or gain weight with all those diets/lifestyles. I lose weight by cutting my calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    other
    Like everyone here, I just eat within a calorie limit choosing what I feel like eating. Nothing is off limits for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    other
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    This one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Just under a year to lose from class 1 obese to a heathy weight (while severely hypothyroid, menopausal, without increasing exercise), and almost 7 years at a healthy weight since, after about 3 previous decades of overweight/obesity before that.

To the others so far who answered 'other': Yup, pretty much. ;):D

I liked the awareness I developed while doing WW in the 90s, but wouldn't do the current program.

I lasted less than a week on South Beach.

My greatest success is from the above, which for me includes eat a little less, move a little more.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,888 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pretty much whole food, mostly local and aware of my carb intolerance and from there I just eat what I want without worrying about calories but will say, I'm protein focused. Cheers
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    other
    CICO

I hace dietary restrictions related to my health so there is a hard line on foods I cannot and will not eat, but outside of that, I watch my calorie count. I do pay attention to my protein.
  • deemyshrall
    deemyshrall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    other
    Going back to intermittent fasting which works for me since I have reflux. Have tried them all: WW - lost weight but came back on; Keto - cholesterol levels rose so doctor said go off; Nutrisystem - years ago lost 20 lbs but the new version food is horrible; Jenny Craig - horrible food. Will bring in more protein, less carbs and limit calories while exercising everyday.
  • gusmomdm
    gusmomdm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting
  • joyputnam04
    joyputnam04 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    other
    I've tried WW and Jenny in the past, with limited results. Now I just eat fresh healthy food and do my cooking at home, not counting "points" all the time. I track my food and exercise on MFP and that helps. I've lost over 160 pounds, with about 25 to go. Eat healthy, exercise. It's not that complicated.