The biggest excuse (lie) you used to tell (sabatoge) yoursel

Options
I used to tell myself that it was okay that I was at a higher weight because "everyone knows that your metabolism slows down at 15, 20, and again at 25." This was a lie I told myself to make me feel better. It was my sabatoge that kept me from being my best me. I'm now 33 (turning 34 in about 8 weeks) and my metabolism is the best it's ever been, I just had to learn how to treat my body right. My metabolism didn't tank, my activity level did!

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    "I'll just go to the gym / start eating right tomorrow"

And tomorrow just never really seem to come!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's just puppy fat - that'll just go way on it's own (thank my mum for that!)
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I don't get why I'm not losing any weight, I'm not eating THAT much. (some of that actually is the labeling and not taking the time to read the label to see that this is 3 Freaking servings at 120 cal each! arrrgh!

And yeah the tomorrow thing.
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    "There's no way you can stick to a diet forever, so why start in the first place?"
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd say tomorrow. There's always tomorrow. Or I'll start next week.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    That I'm not over eating that much. I'm tall and active so I have higher calorie requirements.

Truth is, the calories requirements for my height are not that much more than for every other woman, and I'm not as active as I think I am.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight well.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS..which one of the side effects is gaining weight..so why bother cause no matter what I do..the weight wont go anywhere..
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    "I can't exercise because of my plantar fasciitis"...turns out exercising actually helped it!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Oh, there are so many....."I will start to run again tomorrow", "I will start to diet again tomorrow" , "I will just run when I get home" (so I can eat junk) , "I haven't gained that much back, my clothes are just now getting snug"....and the list goes on.....
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    "It's just too hard so I guess I will have to get comfortable feeling fat"
  • leilani♥
    Options
    "I only eat twice a day and jog twice a week why am I not losing weight?"

My twice a day meals were HIGH in sugar, fat, and sodium... And I always ended the night eating ONE more meal before bed. Most times it was a HOT Pocket...
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not that fat. Then, I saw my photo - Turns out I am that fat! HaHa Anyway, I am having good results here so that will change very soon!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting bigger, I think it's my clothes that are shrinking.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Its ok because no one believes that I weigh as much as I do!!!... Because you know, "I didnt look like i weighed almost 300lbs"... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... What part of swollen, nastiness and triple chins and nasty thighs touching DIDNT THROW UP A RED FLAG!?
  • mavsgirl
    mavsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's less expensive and easier to eat out than to cook dinner.

Now that I cook dinner and eat tons of veggies, I am saving money. I have lunch prepared for work which means I do not have to leave to pick up something.
  • tomcat4680
    Options
    I used to always say I'm overweight because of the medications I'm on (partially true, weight gain is a side effect of them), and because I have hypothyroidism. Main cause though was I overate (mostly junk food) and never exercised.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time. with a full time job, wife and 2 kids, I just don't have time to exercise." truth is that I had time to exercise (i.e., all of the time I spent on my lazy butt in front of the TV) and exercise combined with healthy eating has given me a ton more energy to do the things I need/want to do everyday.

eff you excuses!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'll start exercising again on Monday.
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Winter is coming, and everyone gains in the winter, so why try to lose weight now. AND... It's too hot to workout in the summer. Fall is really busy. Spring is too wet. Any other season's I could sabotage?

Some people (friends) want to be MY size so I must not be too bad. (NOT!)