The biggest excuse (lie) you used to tell (sabatoge) yoursel

Options

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I cant possible go to the gym in this condition, I’ll just have to find a way to loose a bit before getting a membership. Yeah cause that ever happens!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't get why I'm not losing any weight, I'm not eating THAT much. (some of that actually is the labeling and not taking the time to read the label to see that this is 3 Freaking servings at 120 cal each! arrrgh!

And yeah the tomorrow thing.

totally agree with this, or I'm not eating that bad (because I had like a carrot stick or two with my mound of tater tots).
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    "I eat healthy all the time and I don't eat that much food"- portion sizes were really a serious issue and you can get fat if you eat too much healthy food, too.

"I quit smoking and my metabolism took a nose dive and that's why I can't lose weight"- partially true, but more exercise has sped my metabolism back up

"I'm over 40 and my metabolism took a nose dive and that's why I can't lose weight" -see above

"I exercise all the time"- true, sort of, but it was walking the dogs 2 miles 4-5 times a week. That's it. Nothing else and I have a sedentary job. Now I go to the gym 5 days a week and walk the dogs 2-4 days a week.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "I'll just go to the gym / start eating right tomorrow"

And tomorrow just never really seem to come!

THIS
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "I'll just go to the gym / start eating right tomorrow"

And tomorrow just never really seem to come!

That's exactly what I used to do.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My brother would mock me....which would put me off.
    So I decided to blinders on (we share a house) and ignored him mocking me.......and now HE is doing EA Sports Active and has lost almost 30 pounds.
  • Trishintraining
    Options
    It's just baby fat from the pregnancy, I can't help that!

Ya, my son is almost 4, it's not just baby fat. I never switched my calorie intake from when I was pregnant and then BF, to when I stopped. So I was still eating for two (or three... or four) well after it was needed.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    birthday cake doesn't count...even if it's not my birthday cake....
  • I don't have to sabotage myself. The doctor does it for me. "With PCOS and at your age it will be a lot harder to lose weight". This was her response to my complaint of being stuck after loosing the first 15 lbs.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My husband brings junk food into the house.

But I eat it. And if I stopped, he might stop bringing it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My husband brings junk food into the house.

But I eat it. And if I stopped, he might stop bringing it.

Get a lock box, give him the key, tell him that's the only place junk may go.

or, I bet if you threw it out before eating it he might stop bringing it home, LOL
  • anvacarz
    Options
    "Ok! Tomorrow, I'll start for real..." then "Monday. Monday for sure..."

I used whatever event was going on in my life (happy or sad) as an excuse. I used eating well as an excuse not to eat well. I used not eating well as an excuse to continue not eating well. I used all the seasons, too! It's too hot/cold. I didn't have time. I'm not a "morning person". I'm not that big....

You tell me to exercise or eat healthy, I'll give you a million reasons not to.

Stupid.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat anything I want because I work out so much.

It's ok to eat anything I want because I'm in better shape than 95% of the people I know.

^^^ it's that kind of thinking that kept me from being my best. I've never been overweight, but I have neglected to fulfill my potential for long periods of time.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    "I'll start my diet on Monday." IDK how many Mondays went by that I didn't, and I'd tell myself I'd try the next Monday.
  • blarics11
    Options
    Healthy food is too expensive!! I will just have to diet when we have more money laying around.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My only lies and sabatoge is that "I Wanted It!" and it's only one meal. Uh, Huh...sure it is....
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That it's my genetic inheritance, and I don't overeat.

Both of those are true, but genetics is only one factor and even eating normal quantities of bad food will have bad results.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm really tall so I'm suppose to be this big.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Having babies changes your body. My hips have got wider.

It wasn't true. I just had a load of padding on them.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've always told myself that it's okay to be fat because every 'crew' needs a hilarious fat chick. I've also always said it was okay to be fat because I was funny. Everyone knows fat people are funny. I'm not gonna lie when I say that I'm afraid I won't be funny when I'm not fat anymore. Please don't tell anyone I told you that.