To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I hit 138 miles today. Made it to the Prancing Pony in Bree and am on the road again. Whoo hoo! Travelling with Aragorn now.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    3.6 miles today!

Road ahead runs fairly straight and level. Behind them it curves slightly, BLACK RIDER. Sam and Pippin hide in a hollow, Frodo behind tree by road.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    'Strider, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin spent the night of October 1 camped on the far eastern edge of Chetwood. We've left the settled areas of Bree-Land far behind us and are in the empty lands of Eriador. We're lucky to have Strider's path to follow!

We'd better enjoy the scenery here in the woodlands. We're not too far, now, from the Midgewater Marshes... '

*I don't have the Atlas anywhere I can reach it. It's packed away along with all my books because of my move. I don't know what I'm going to do once I get to Rivendell, lol.

I hope to hit 200 miles before Saturday of next week.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    @ 147 miles! "Head East. Ground dropping slowly. Quiet and Peaceful.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So I see I am not the only one who will be excited to see the new "Hobbit" movie when it finally comes out! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    12.75 miles this week

total miles to date: 102.45
  • ziggylove
    Options
    This is so awesome and made me laugh, and want to start on the Eowyn Challenge myself!

Also, anyone know if there's an "open" Hobbit/LotR motivation group here on MFP? :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    This is so awesome and made me laugh, and want to start on the Eowyn Challenge myself!

Also, anyone know if there's an "open" Hobbit/LotR motivation group here on MFP? :)

I don't think there is a support group. We all just report back here and post our weekly or daily results when we can.
    Start the Eowyn Challenge! I love it...I'm running and walking it....and I'll hike when it gets a bit cooler.
  • darrynflame
    Options
    Did I really join only a few weeks ago? I manage to hit 29.44 miles!

Road zig-zigs to top of a steep bank and goes down for the last time. Can see across Woody End to the River. **THEY STOP TO REST, EAT, and REST more! (ca. 1:30-4:30 p.m.) Sun was beginning to get low as they went down the hill.
  • ncwingnut71
    Options
    3.71 miles today. I left my journal at work :(. Have to remember to enter this in tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea, but I'll never catch up- I'll have to bike a bit!!! Good job so far all :D
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea, but I'll never catch up- I'll have to bike a bit!!! Good job so far all :D

Hi there! We're all doing this at our own pace, so feel free to visit the Eowyn Challenge site and start the journey for yourself! We post back here every so often to tell where we are and what company we're keeping. LOL

As for me:

Road zig-zigs to top of a steep bank and goes down for the last time. Can see across Woody End to the River.

Still pressing on!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Don't worry about catching up. It's all about doing it at your own pace. Some are biking, some a swimming, some a running. You do what you feel comfortable doing. I run and walk or hike....all my favorite things. My mileage would be crazy if I biked, lol. Just have fun.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I am at 170.5 miles!! I am out of Chetwood and heading to the Midgewater Marshes!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I was going to try to hit the 200 mile mark by Saturday. I don't think it's going to happen...my hip has been uber sore, ugh. Maybe I'll hit 200 by the end of the month. :)

I must state...I am loving the cast for The Hobbit movie...it's going to be epic!
  • ncwingnut71
    Options
    I did 14.68 miles on the bike yesterday and 3.1 miles on the elliptical this morning, so I am at 54.85 miles :bigsmile:

"Still in the trees, they stop for lunch. Their singing is cut by the cry of a Black Rider, and they leave."

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    180 miles! I am camping in the western part of the marshes!
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    60.5 miles! I am just at the edge of Farmer Maggot's fields.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i love this so much! i've book marked the challenge to do. :drinker:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this tomorrow but I'm still trying to decide if it's okay to count biked miles or not or if I should somehow reduce them since it's faster and easier than walking.