Women 200lb+, Let's Remember to Nurture Ourselves This November!!!

Options
RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 356 Member
edited November 2022 in Motivation and Support
🍁Hello, ladies, and Happy November!

🍂It can be easy to give up or phone it in towards the end of the year, because we tell ourselves we can start fresh in January and that we'll have more time, more engery, and more focus next year. And while some of that might be true, let's not throw in the towel just yet!

🍁We've still got time to make a dent in our goals and to continue working hard. What do you hope to accomplish this month or before the year is out?

🍂Sometimes, we put ourselves last, especially towards the end of the year with so many holidays and family obligations to keep us busy. Let's remember that we are also important and deserve time to nuture ourselves.

🍁What are some tips and tricks you have for staying motivated and remembering to put yourself first?

🤎If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

🤎In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🤎All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🤎Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and rainbows. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🍁This November, let's remember to stay focused and to be loving and nurturing to our bodies and our minds!🍁

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW November 2022: 186.2
    GW this month: 186 (maintain)
    Goal for 2022: Stay the course

Thursday weigh-ins
    11/3 -
    11/10 -
    11/17 -
    11/24 -

Goals -

🍁 - Log everything as accurately as reasonably possible
    🍁 - Avoid mindless snacking
    🍁 - Take vitamins every day (Log in MFP for accountability)
    🍁 - Gym or home workout 3X per week minimum

November is full of events with family and friends so my focus will remain on making good choices while enjoying the special events without guilt or added stress.

• delillolauren
    delillolauren Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’ve been avoiding sugar for so many months now that the Halloween chocolate bars did not tempt me in the least. Honestly, I look at stuff like that now just like I look at a cigarette. Would one sugary whatever be that harmful? No, of course not. If I really wanted something, I’d eat it and enjoy every darn mouthful. But I’ve found I DON’T enjoy it anymore because I think of it as toxic. No more allure, no more interest. That is a huge difference from last year. I think our family had already eaten two boxes’ worth of chocolate bars and had to buy another to give out on Halloween night.

Honestly when I opened the bag of candy for the kids, the overwhelmingly sweet/chemical smell made me a bit ill. I wasn’t tempted at all.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday was my neighborhood book club. I hadn't eaten a lot during the day and had also skipped dinner so when I got there I did eat some of the junk that was available. However!!!!! I still had my overall calories right on track. I did not stand and eat the entire bowl of swedish fish no matter how much I wanted to do so. I tried to avoid the muffin but the girl that made them asked more than once if I needed one so I finally gave in but I still only ate about 3/4 and didn't finish it. I feel like having that self control and awareness of my eating was a HUGE win for me because I tend to over indulge once I start.

I also had a new blog post drop yesterday. I can't say it's some huge wonderful recipe. It's really just how to make cold brew coffee. :Dhttps://pamperedlinny.wixsite.com/coffee-required/post/cold-brew-coffee
    a8khc7db5kae.jpg

Tonight my daughter has her volleyball practice at the YMCA so I might see how much coughing I'm doing through the day and actually try to get back in the gym while she's at practice. I haven't hit it the past 2 weeks and I need to be moving more again. The sitting still is killing my stamina, blood sugar and diet as I eat more when I'm not busy.

@KacyCarpe That’s great about not craving the chocolate! You’re right about needing that help with motivation and habits. I tend to befriend people to do things with me so I have accountability. If I don’t show up a number of times I will start getting calls to see if I’m ok. I need the personal touch to stay engaged for sure.

@delillolauren You’ll do great on your interview. You got this!

• vbeez
    vbeez Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    40 years old
    5'6"
    School year starting weight 8/22: 243
    11/2/22: 236.4
    Next goal 12/1: 228
    GW: 165

Goals for November:
    Run 30 miles (started a challenge 11/1)
    Log consistently and accurately-stay within daily calorie goal
    Weigh myself daily
    228lbs by 12/1
    Exercise 5-6 days a week & at least 8,000 steps daily)
    Drink 80oz or more water daily
    Avoid alcohol M-F (exception Thanksgiving week Thu/Fri

Also have PCOS & hypothyroidism

I have been a yo-yo overweight person all my life. Overall my goal is to set myself up with a consistent routine/lifestyle that will get me back to 165. Last time I was there was a decade ago.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny "I did eat some of the junk that was available. However!!!!! I still had my overall calories right on track. I did not stand and eat the entire bowl of swedish fish no matter how much I wanted to do so. I tried to avoid the muffin but the girl that made them asked more than once if I needed one so I finally gave in but I still only ate about 3/4 and didn't finish it. I feel like having that self control and awareness of my eating was a HUGE win for me because I tend to over indulge once I start."

Huge indeed! It's troublesome to think of foods as forbidden. I think you did the right thing in allowing yourself to indulge MINDFULLY and with self-control. Each time you do so you reinforce your identity as someone who can control herself around tempting foods. Yay you!

Also... I just bought some green beans and am going to try your recipe from last May. :smile:
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    Honestly when I opened the bag of candy for the kids, the overwhelmingly sweet/chemical smell made me a bit ill. I wasn’t tempted at all.

Yes! What a win to have. It is hard at first to give up sugar, just as it's hard to give up any addiction. I often hear people say they could "never" do it, but once you've gone for a while without it, it's really not that enticing anymore.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Just letting you all know that if you have an Aldi nearby and skipped out on spending $4 or more for the Halloween cheese selections you should go shopping today. All the Halloween cheeses are 99¢ today. I may have bought 3 different ones to try at that price.

2prczaup33uo.jpg
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Mom2Cubs wrote: »
    Good morning. Today is day 3 in a row at the gym. I’m sore, but sticking with it. I will get below 200 by the end of the year. Pushing through and keeping on track while dealing with enablers (are you sure you don’t want any ice cream) and derailers (you don’t need to go the gym every day). Where are my encouragers 🙁?

It's rough when you don't have someone reminding you to stick to your goals. I've been really lucky to have people in my life who will encourage. Then again, my husband will tell me I'm doing well while eating the biggest bowl of ice cream you've ever seen and living with people who aren't working on their health is HARD when trying to stay on track.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mom2Cubs wrote: »
    Where are my encouragers 🙁?

👋We're right here!!!👋

You're doing great! 🎉🎉🎉Keep strong and trust that you know what's best for you! Keep on keepin on! You got this!!! 💜💜💜
  • vbeez
    vbeez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 miles yesterday! I did not want to run at all but once I got out there I got it done...hoping I can stay consistent!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW November 2022: 186.2
    GW this month: 186 (maintain)
    Goal for 2022: Stay the course

Thursday weigh-ins
    11/3 - 185.8
    11/10 -
    11/17 -
    11/24 -

Nov Change: -0.4lbs
    Loss to date: -85.3lbs

Goals -

🍁 - Log everything as accurately as reasonably possible
    🍁 - Avoid mindless snacking
    🍁 - Take vitamins every day (Log in MFP for accountability)
    🍁 - Gym or home workout 3X per week minimum

I've been doing pretty good at my goals this week with the exception of my workout goal. I think today will be the first day of doing a gym or home workout since I am finally starting to feel a bit better.

This weekend will be busy with two wine tasting events and an 80th birthday party for my neighbor. We also got the invite yesterday from a few dear friends to join them on a last minute trip to Vegas in 2 weeks. I think we are going to be able to swing the trip and I am so excited to see friends that I haven't seen in 3+ years!
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    @pamperedlinny The beans were AMAZING! Everyone gobbled them up! I took a photo on my phone but the app won't let me upload it.:(

We will be making them again for sure.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!

Is anyone else so happy that it's Friday? Tonight I'm supposed to go to play Bingo with friends being hosted at a local restaurant. I plan to eat at home and just have water and a small appetizer or maybe even no food but a diet coke to drink. I'm trying to not go broke but still go out with friends and be social. I'm also thinking of only playing every other round since my budget leaves a lot to be desired right now.

Last night I went to my Zumba class but my regular instructor wasn't there. There are a number of ladies that lead Zumba between the 3 nearest locations though so I didn't think anything of it.... until Karyn walked in. Ugh! She literally sometimes forgets her choreography and caters mostly to the mid-morning retiree crowd. There is nothing wrong with that at all except that the subbed the most intense Zumba class and taught it like that slower moving group. So we all were looking for a really good burn and only got about 1/3 of what we needed. It's still better than nothing though.

@vbeez Great job!!!!

@sandielewis2001 Glad you’re starting to feel better. I hope you have an amazing time in Vegas!

@KacyCarpe Yay!!!! I’m so glad they loved them.