Women 200lb+, Let's Remember to Nurture Ourselves This November!!!

Options

Replies

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @holdthefries Sounds like a great plan! Small changes really add up over time.
  • FLMOM22
    FLMOM22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy.
    I had success on this app in September 2017. I stuck with it until year end of that year and lost 20-30 pounds. I did not like the process of logging food yet knew it worked. My starting weight at that time was 237 pounds.
    Fast forward to 2022 my habits had not successfully changed. Just after my 54 birthday in September, I weighed in at 243.8 pounds, my heaviest weight. I had tried getting back on this app during the summer of this year yet lacked the desire to want to log my food. When I saw that number on 9/12/22 I decided to give logging and calorie counting a chance again.
    On Monday I will have completed 8 weeks and am currently down 13 pounds. My goal weight is between 140-150 pounds. A healthy BMI for me is 180 pounds.
    I am not giving myself goals weekly as my main focus is to cap at 1500 calories a day and no more than 1750, which is my BMR (basal metabolic rate).
    Initially I was adjusting my calorie limit weekly to see how I felt and what progress I achieved. I lost continually consuming 1450-1600 average a week.
    I have not resumed regular exercise at this point as I am a nanny eight hours a day and take care of my family’s needs when I come home and am often tired.
    I am 5’10” tall.
    I am a wife of 29 years and have three adult sons.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @FLMOM22 Hello, Cindy! Glad you've joined us! It sounds like you've got a good framework for success. Welcome!

• KacyCarpe
    Options
    FLMOM22 wrote: »
    On Monday I will have completed 8 weeks and am currently down 13 pounds. My goal weight is between 140-150 pounds. A healthy BMI for me is 180 pounds.

Cindy, that is terrific progress! I have found that I cycle through a lot of the same types of foods, so tracking gets faster and easier over time. I also recently learned that every pound of weight exerts FOUR pounds of pressure on the knees and spine. By losing 13 pounds, you have reduced the force on those bones by FIFTY-TWO POUNDS!!! Yay you!!
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    @tahitig So happy to hear that you are out of hospital and on the road back to health. Sometimes the most difficult times bring incredible benefits, and I hope that's the case here for you.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    @FLMOM22 Hello, Cindy! Glad you've joined us! It sounds like you've got a good framework for success. Welcome!
    thank you!

KacyCarpe wrote: »

Cindy, that is terrific progress! I have found that I cycle through a lot of the same types of foods, so tracking gets faster and easier over time. I also recently learned that every pound of weight exerts FOUR pounds of pressure on the knees and spine. By losing 13 pounds, you have reduced the force on those bones by FIFTY-TWO POUNDS!!! Yay you!!
    . Thank you!

• FLMOM22
    Options
    Yesterday definitely brought its challenges. This past week as a whole. I’ve got to learn to be patient with the process. I did not get to this weight overnight and have not had any real set backs this far. However, yesterday my eating was out of control. There are several factors currently going on in our lives and I stress/comfort ate. I had been avoiding certain foods these past week as I struggle with over consumption on certain foods. Because I am physically and emotionally tired I believe I was looking for a fuel source today. Trying not to defeat myself in my thoughts. It’s 1 am here in Florida and I’m not asleep yet. One of the things I do on my diary is if I overeat and don’t know how many calories I ate I log that food and what I was thinking/feeling in my food notes. At least I am being honest with myself that I had some trouble that day and I can see the food I sought for comfort or energy. Thanks for reading.
  • FLMOM22
    edited November 2022
    Options
    😊
  • FLMOM22
    Options

175.0 today, which I still can't quite wrap my head around. I'm firmly in the 170's. It's a little surreal, even though I've been here for a while. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up in the 180’s again.

Goals for this month. I feel... pretty good about where I'm at, diet-wise. My high calorie days are only 1800-2000, which is not enough to slow my progress, as long as it's not every day, and my rate of loss is slow but steady with my normal days between 1400-1600 cal.

@FLMOM22 welcome Cindy! I know you can do this, as you have before, so welcome to the best thread on the site!

I totally get eating your feelings, and I love that you log it with the feelings you were feeling at the time. You talk about how tired you are- is there anything you can do to give yourself a little room? You say you're married, can your partner help out with anything at home that might be stressing you out? I tend to be very open with my partner about my struggles, so when I say that "there's a lot of candy around and I'm stressed out, I need x to be clean," he'll get the girls and start doing it while I'm making dinner or something. That kind of thing?

Congrats on your success to date! I like that you have the calorie range like I do. Knowing your upper limits so as not to get out of control continually and your sweet spot where you try to target for daily calories.

As far as my husband and asking for help, I’m grateful for your insight. It spurred a conversation between he and I that went quite well. That will help going forward.

I chose to weigh today as it has been an up/down week for me on the scale and remaining consistent in calories without overindulgence. I gained .9 in two days. My regular weigh in day is Monday so we will see at that point how my week went as a whole. Checking the scale has helped me refocus this week to monitor my choices results on my overall plan to be fit and healthier as well as identifying my why’s to my food choices this week.

Thanks to all of you for being such great encouragers!
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! I know it’s been a looooong time since I’ve posted but I’ve had my struggles. In September of 2020 I was injured in a hit and run accident that left me with a spinal cord injury and paraplegic. I battled with my depression by eating and gaining back the 125 lbs I’d lost before the accident. The good news is I’m progressing. I’ve moved into my own place. I’m progressing with walking so I’m not exactly confined to my wheelchair. I unfortunately am borderline diabetic so I HAVE to lose weight to continue my progress. This group was so supportive and instrumental to my success before so I had to come back to you guys again. I was prescribed Ozempic to help with weight loss. I’m battling with exhaustion but hopefully that will go away soon.

SW: 306
    CW: 300 (Loss 6 lbs)
    Nov G: 295
    Últ GW: 175

Monthly Goals:

🍁 Drink 64 oz of water daily
    🍁 Walk 4 times per day
    🍁 Exercise class 5 days per week
    🍁 Rehab exercises 4 days per week

Have a great weekend❣️
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    pamiede wrote: »
    Hello to everyone! I know it’s been a looooong time since I’ve posted but I’ve had my struggles. In September of 2020 I was injured in a hit and run accident that left me with a spinal cord injury and paraplegic. I battled with my depression by eating and gaining back the 125 lbs I’d lost before the accident. The good news is I’m progressing. I’ve moved into my own place. I’m progressing with walking so I’m not exactly confined to my wheelchair. I unfortunately am borderline diabetic so I HAVE to lose weight to continue my progress. This group was so supportive and instrumental to my success before so I had to come back to you guys again. I was prescribed Ozempic to help with weight loss. I’m battling with exhaustion but hopefully that will go away soon.

SW: 306
    CW: 300 (Loss 6 lbs)
    Nov G: 295
    Últ GW: 175

Monthly Goals:

🍁 Drink 64 oz of water daily
    🍁 Walk 4 times per day
    🍁 Exercise class 5 days per week
    🍁 Rehab exercises 4 days per week

Have a great weekend❣️

Great to meet you!
    Thanks for sharing.
    One choice at a time and you will reach your goals.
    Your life story is inspiring on what you have overcome and accomplished 🫶

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 249.
    Next Goal weight: 220 (how much I got down to the last time I lost a significant amount on MFP)
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    November GW: Get to mid 240s

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    8/3: 244.4
    8/31 244.6
    9/1: 245.2
    10/1: wavering between 245. 6 and 248 after starting back to work full-time
    11/1: 249.2
    🍁We've still got time to make a dent in our goals and to continue working hard. What do you hope to accomplish this month or before the year is out? I want to re-establish a good routine making meals at home and exercising with working full-time.

🍁What are some tips and tricks you have for staying motivated and remembering to put yourself first?
    I think it is establishing healthy habits that work over motivation. Take one habit at a time that is achievable. That helps motivate you and gives you confidence.

🍂 NOVEMBER GOALS!
    🍁 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet - I am struggling with this after starting back to work
    🍁 Aquafit 3 days a week and walk between - We are going to Aquafit but need to work on walking more.
    🍁Plan and cook healthy meals at home - I am struggling with this too. My youngest and husband need to chip in more now that I am working fulltime.
    🍁 Eat at a sensible deficit - Once I get back to logging this should improve.
    🍁 Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep – I am getting up earlier to get to work and going early to the Y 3 days a week. Saturday is my only sleep in day.
    I was doing well last month not gaining despite having less time for myself until last week and Halloween. I really have lowered my sugar intake but I have not eliminated sugar from my diet. I used to love Halloween but I am not sure it is the candy that is the problem. It is the extra busy-ness.

Last Sunday we went to Aquafit in the morning and then my youngest asked me to go to the pumpkin bash at the zoo since her date was sick. I did it. I walked a lot and was very sore most of the week. I hadn’t been walking as much so I was surprised I was able to walk as far as I did.
    However last week was quite busy. We had a Halloween Lunch at work.

I am working on each of us making a meal or 2 so we eat at home. However my youngest got a job offer (Yay!) so they will be going through some transitioning as well in a while. I am too busy on Monday and Tuesday when I commute to work.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting back into a healthy routine or establishing one. I am not logging now. I am concentrating on exercise, meals at home, and getting enough sleep. I bought a new water bottle that is easier to take around with me. Once I get these things accomplished I'll concentrate on logging more. I weigh everyday.

@tahitig I am so sorry that you were so sick. I am glad you are better. I think I like your perspective now too. We are doing this for our health. Make sure you lose healthily.

@pamiede I am so glad to hear you are progressing. I have faith in you. You have been such an inspiration. Take care.

I read everyone’s posts.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 249.
    Next Goal weight: 220 (how much I got down to the last time I lost a significant amount on MFP)
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    November GW: Get to mid 240s

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    8/3: 244.4
    8/31 244.6
    9/1: 245.2
    10/1: wavering between 245. 6 and 248 after starting back to work full-time
    11/1: 249.2
    🍁We've still got time to make a dent in our goals and to continue working hard. What do you hope to accomplish this month or before the year is out? I want to re-establish a good routine making meals at home and exercising with working full-time.

🍁What are some tips and tricks you have for staying motivated and remembering to put yourself first?
    I think it is establishing healthy habits that work over motivation. Take one habit at a time that is achievable. That helps motivate you and gives you confidence.

🍂 NOVEMBER GOALS!
    🍁 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet - I am struggling with this after starting back to work
    🍁 Aquafit 3 days a week and walk between - We are going to Aquafit but need to work on walking more.
    🍁Plan and cook healthy meals at home - I am struggling with this too. My youngest and husband need to chip in more now that I am working fulltime.
    🍁 Eat at a sensible deficit - Once I get back to logging this should improve.
    🍁 Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep – I am getting up earlier to get to work and going early to the Y 3 days a week. Saturday is my only sleep in day.
    I was doing well last month not gaining despite having less time for myself until last week and Halloween. I really have lowered my sugar intake but I have not eliminated sugar from my diet. I used to love Halloween but I am not sure it is the candy that is the problem. It is the extra busy-ness.

Last Sunday we went to Aquafit in the morning and then my youngest asked me to go to the pumpkin bash at the zoo since her date was sick. I did it. I walked a lot and was very sore most of the week. I hadn’t been walking as much so I was surprised I was able to walk as far as I did.
    However last week was quite busy. We had a Halloween Lunch at work.

I am working on each of us making a meal or 2 so we eat at home. However my youngest got a job offer (Yay!) so they will be going through some transitioning as well in a while. I am too busy on Monday and Tuesday when I commute to work.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting back into a healthy routine or establishing one. I am not logging now. I am concentrating on exercise, meals at home, and getting enough sleep. I bought a new water bottle that is easier to take around with me. Once I get these things accomplished I'll concentrate on logging more. I weigh everyday.

@tahitig I am so sorry that you were so sick. I am glad you are better. I think I like your perspective now too. We are doing this for our health. Make sure you lose healthily.

@pamiede I am so glad to hear you are progressing. I have faith in you. You have been such an inspiration. Take care.

I read everyone’s posts.

It’s nice to meet you.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sounds like you have a workable plan in place.
    Are crockpot meals an option for your family on the long days?
    I know returning to work changes family dynamics as this has happened in our family in the past few years as well. Responsibilities being more dispersed among the family members.
    Best wishes as you take these steps toward a healthier you 🎼
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Sunday Week One

So I decided to look at each month with a set of fun objectives that utilizes three areas
    one mind, one body and one heart

So for November this is my plan
    For mind
    I thought it would be fun to embrace one creative and one more cerebral task
    For creative this month I have signed up for a 5 week beginners pottery course to do something new to me one night a week
    For intellectual exploration I decided to pick two totally random subjects and look into them and read as much as I wanted to about them. I used Longreads to help me find the subjects this month and came up with Eminem and Honeybees! I could watch a doc, read a book, find articles or movies related to these subjects.

For heart
    I decided this month to connect with a friend I haven't seen in a while and check in, spend some time and strengthen our friendship if i can. I'd like to focus on being a better friend to this person.

For Body
    I decided to take baby steps towards focusing on one new exercise area each month. I'm not ready to join a gym. I hate running and I am very out of shape so I found a 30 day arm challenge on you tube that i can do for free 4 or 5 times a week. I dusted off my small weights and I can do this challenge for 30 days. I'll switch it up each month and see which activities I most enjoy.

I also picked one part of my body to take care of better this month. This month I chose nails. Maybe I will treat myself to a mani pedi. Maybe I will think about food and vitamins that will strenthen my nails and keep them healthy. It will be a small treat and a little focus that means I can start to take better care of myself.

I weighed myself today too and will do on Sundays. I'm down two pounds since last week
    and I will take a picture of myself this afternoon. Once a week for a year so I can remind myself of changes that may not be obvious when I'm feeling discouraged. I pledged to walk 25 days for 30 minutes this month too. Im at 3/25.
    See you next Sunday everyone. Have a great week!

Thanks so much for sharing your self care plan- how wonderful!
    Congrats on your success to date 🙌🏻
    I would love it if you would share your arm workout plan. Thanks in advance!