Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy I keep forgetting to tell you how awesome it is that you had your 5th anniversary here! I look up to you! ⭐️

Well, it will be 4 years on the 28th of this month, but thanks : - )
    This forum has helped me SO much!
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Nov 1, 2 - AF
    The Mocktail quest continues. Seedlip and seltzer was pretty bland. I added some lime juice to fix it up. I switched to a Fevertree light ginger beer. 38 calories and lots of zing.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Tuesday November 1st - 2 drinks - Cold, hungry, tired, willpower nill
    Wednesday November 2nd - 2 drinks - Ditto from Tuesday - Weather is turning quickly and am digging through snow to get beets and carrots out during my work breaks - it is forecast to go to minus 20 in a few days and no root vegetables will be diggable at that point - not willing to lose my crop (my food for the winter) so have been begging for a couple of more hours off each day to get this done.

27gzfv327cqv.png

Carrots under this one:
    exsg4jqv26pg.png

effa6tep56bv.png

9im903ibiunc.png

Carrots and beets under this one:
    7aclsuypc6gz.png

It was covered
    k91wm3h6db0m.png

From one of the rows in there:
    tuk6a0ejuvt5.png

Overall haul:
    4t09ma078ukc.png

The bed that I need to get to today and tomorrow has the most. It is also covered and contains both beets and carrots:
    ngcigafzk294.png

I can't dig until the afternoon when it thaws. Yes, I get up at 4:30 or 5:00, but it is dark and frozen : - )

Rolling total: 0AF days out of 2 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - Tough to wait out the thaw to dig up the veggies!!! That is patience. :)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    November accountability: 1 days AF
    Alcohol: 2 days (6 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/1 - AF; DH too
    11/2 - 3 wine ; my sister joined us for dinner
    11/3 - 3 drinks ; 2 wine + 1 B&B

Reading my note earlier from when I started in 2018 ... patting myself on the back for stopping at 3 drinks even though I've targeting 2! I could so easily fall back into the habit of drinking all night.
    Night night folks!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, new to the group, I'm April (34)
    I'm looking for how others balance out alcohol. I am a daily drinker, when I get home I enjoy a few beers, seltzers or shots. Every time we go out to eat, we have margaritas. I've been trying to quit but find it kind of difficult because its like a treat for me. I cant tell you honestly the last AF day I had besides when I didn't feel good. I had originally posted this in Octobers thread till I scrolled and seen a new one for November. I don't even know where I want to start really. I know I want to lose weight and I have surgery coming up in 2 weeks. I also want to inspire my husband to slow down on drinking too. I feel that I would be a huge influence and inspiration for him if he sees me drinking less.

I totally understand. I was drinking daily as both a habit and a treat. The best I can tell you is look at the resources at the top of the sun, and to find non alcoholic substitutes for your treat. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- the right glass matters!!!

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- A
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay
    That beach is white indeed!! Lol, it does kind of look like snow.
    I am so glad that you made that move, it looks wonderful.

To those looking for low calorie mocktails there are lots of things to be done with Cran10 and Slim10, which both come in many flavours.
    I use only 4 ounces of one of those in the blender with ice and a couple of drops of a McCormick flavour extract.
    Alternatively, Ice (zero calories) also comes in various flavours and is very nice to have in a chilled champagne flute. Like @Womona said, a fancy glass makes everything seem like a treat.
    AF beer can range from 10 calories up to a whopping 100 calories depending on the brand.

@MissMay makes amazing fancy AF cocktails (mocktails), but she doesn't need to worry about calories : - )