WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Feeling much improved after a nap. I've washed my hair, which always helps!
    The menu tonight includes dhansak, a curried lentil dish, so I'm having that. Missing my spices!
    Long coach trip tomorrow, so I'm being careful with the alcohol tonight. Just had a diet Pepsi, but will be having champagne with my curry! :o:p
    Sorry I'm not commenting much on other posts, but it's as much as I can do to post stuff. I am reading and cheering and crying. Love you 😍

Heather, about to leave France for the Costa Brava in Spain. Xxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    I got to the gym today! When I was working on a Tuesday, I’d still get to the gym but I always felt a bit rushed because their first class is at 12:15 so I had to be sure to be out of there by 12. Well, today I went early and wasn’t feeling rushed at all. I did have a regular doctor appt but unless I have something scheduled, I may be able to use their sauna on Tuesdays. I haven’t used it in years. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise. Maybe I’ll get a walk in

After exercise went to WalMart, and after the doctor’s went to the dollar store and then Food Lion

katla – so glad you had a good time

Mary Terese – welcome! Just jump in when something strikes you

Vicki – One of Vince’s vehicles is quite high, too. We had a running board put on it. So now I step onto the running board and then into the car. A while ago I was in someone’s car (I don’t remember who) and it was high. I really missed that running board

barbie – Jess just called to say that she’s oncall Christmas but wondered if we could go up there. She really doesn’t have any family here and at least Denise has Pete’s family. It would be nice if Denise came to Jess’ but that’s not going to happen. Not in this lifetime, anyway. We told Jess that at Thanksgiving we were thinking of staying an extra day and bringing Loki with us. She seemed happy about that. We shall see, we still have to work out the “cat-angements”

Need to mash the potatoes for Vince and then I think I’ll take a walk.

Ceramics tonight

Michele N
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Recd box from eldest sailor and he bought a bunch of Japanese momentos. I wrapped up a kimono and matching umbrella for Athena, a tea set and door plaque for us, and other little things.💖. He's so thoughtful.💖

Woke up to our electric heater not cycling on. So the owner of the management company comes by for a look see. He changed the thermostat, nope, he looks out at the heater in the garage, but didn't see anything amiss. So he'll call his heating company they use. Husband asked him about our upstairs toilet. He was not aware of the problem. We had it looked at in August when I noticed a bubble in the kitchen ceiling below where the bathroom is located. In September the water was turned off behind the toilet and they opened up the ceiling to get a moisture reading. Its taped up but that's it. Hey we're paying for a rental with 3 bathrooms not 1 and a half baths. If people visit for the holidays it will be awkward for people to have to go thru our bedroom to get to the only working toilet upstairs. At one point Lee said if they don't fix the heater or toilet lets just find another place. The fact that he put the work order in online for the heater, and the owner came by in a couple hours says loads. The owner also said if we need more space heaters he can bring some by. That's nice. We have one we can bring down for when we sit and eat dinner. Then bring it up when we go to bed. The propane fireplace still comes on in our sons side of the main floor. But we don't have any couches or seating over there except my office chair for my desk.
    On day three eating my daily sandwich of turkey, tomato, cheese, lettuce (I put ff dressing on the lettuce so its a mini salad on my sandwich). Just love it. Yesterday I had a mug of soup husband shared with me. It was a bit of chowder, so I added a bit more milk, a pat of butter, and 5 shrimp cut up and covered with Old Bay seasoning. It was delightful! It made a hearty mug of soup. I might make more of that today.

My middle son got his box of cookies and sent me a video thanking me. Sweet.💖. Poor Athena was under the weather and gurgled a thank you for the stickers while lying on the couch. Poor thing.😢💖

Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    We got my mom to vote! Yay!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    @DebbsSeattle -

You came to the right group for support and motivation! Your story is fascinating.

There are women here who have maintained for years, and others still striving to reach their goals, women triumphing and struggling, celebrating and lamenting, teaching and learning...I check the thread once or twice a day just to keep up, it's so fast-moving.

Jump in and make yourself at home! Be sure to bookmark us so you can find us again.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Hi Deb from Seattle- fellow open heart patient here,not once but twice.. in the middle.of covid..one was for a mitral valve repair.. ended up with sepsis and in ICU.. and in the hospital 3 weeks recouped at my brother and sils for a couple weeks ended back in the hospital with pneumonia...
    Was there another couple weeks.the day I was released i got a call from the surgeons office saying the repair didnt work you need a new valve you need to come back in.. that was a Tuesday, they wanted me Friday,but no beds so Sunday night i went in had surgery monday..the most frightening thing to me was waking up and still being intubated..I was freaking out...i told them never ever do that to me again..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Welcome Deborah from Seattle soon to be Montana! My eldest sister used to live in Great Falls Montana. I took an Amtrak from Portland Oregon back in 2020 to visit. So much sky!!! I felt a wee bit overcome with the wide sense of space. Husband and I moved from Hammond Oregon (by Astoria on the coast) up to Whidbey Island WA, to share a huge rental with active duty son back in 2018. So coming from an island 37 miles long and 10 miles wide, it was only natural to be overwhelmed by Montana🙃😜!
    I too am a foodie, I am presently 232 lbs, husband is 190 lbs. He had a liver transplant back in 2014, and he's doing well. Being retired Navy, I tell people that the Navy ruined his taste buds years ago. I play chef for his meals, then I do my own thing. Like today. I was going to have a sandwich but thought a nice hot soup would be better.
    wu0e5ogk6ro9.jpg
    So I cubed up some potatoes, boiling them. Sauted onions, mushrooms, roasted garlic paste and a T of butter. I then dissolved a tsp of better than bullion chicken stock paste in 2 cups of hot water and added that to my pan. I cut up 8 jumbo, cooked deveined shrimp, tossed with Old Bay and a spoonful of flour. I then added that with the drained cubed potatoes to my pan. I finally added milk, with corn starch, more Old Bay, pepper, and turmeric. It was simply heaven. I ate everything!
    I eat usually just one meal a day. But its called "dirty fasting" best I have my coffee with creamer and Truvia sweetener in the morning and afternoon.
    Again nice to meet you Pacific Northwestie!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Stats for the day-

Other- 45min, PT= 75c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 32.37min, 184elev, 138aw, 22.2amph, 113ahr, 135mhr, 12.08mi= 235c
    Strava app = 256c
    Zwift stats- 32.39min, 185elev, 137aw, 51arpm, 22.24amph, 12.1mi= 257c

Total cal 310
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have visited DH more than once. His place in the facility is crowded with random stuff. It doesn’t seem clean or tidy. I am not eager to move there. Our daughter’s work place is near by, and she sees him regularly. That is a plus. I like the place here, where he and I have a nice apartment. There are nurses here that available to help. The situation is complicated.

Is the "random stuff" medical equipment used to monitor your husband's condition?

I suspect that he needs more medical care than the nurses in your apartment are able to provide. Has someone explained his current condition and prognosis?

Has there been a suggestion that you move to where he is now?

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Had the day off today because the daycare girl was running a fever last night- Worked out nice so I didn't have to go out in the storm to pick her up.
    Planned on starting to clear off the treadmill in the garage on Thursday(my usual day off from her) but told myself I would start with half an hour today and my goal was to have it done by Sunday night. Well, got started and kept going- all cleared off and ready to go. I will have to move a couple boxes each time I use it but not too bad. They are Christmas craft supplies so they will be coming in the house soon. Hoping Ezie and I can use up a lot of it so I don't have to pack it up again.
    My friend wants me to walk tonight- will have to wait and see- supposed to be raining again soon-has been off and on all day.I told her maybe, but available any other night this week.

Mom called me. The friend of her's that surprised her last month, coming for a visit told mom's room mate everything I had told her about the room mate before she got there- just a little warning. The room mate confronted my mom about it yesterday, Saying "Debbie said .... , Debbie said that..." Saying she was just there to help mom, she was worried about her being there by herself. It wasn't pleasant but it got the conversation going that mom should have had months ago and she had the guts to tell her what she thought. She kept telling me that she wasn't mad at me at all. Winnie, her friend of well over 50 yrs(I thought she was my cousin until recently) chose to side with the room mate that she had never met. Now mom said she doesn't care if she ever sees her again- Hopefully they will work things out. Mom said she doesn't like being told what to do, especially by them.

Had left over chicken breast cooked with mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup and two small red potatoes- at 450 calories for the day- need to figure out dinner. Will make sure to stay at 1000 beings I didn't walk at all today. Only have 3000 steps(compared to 22,000 yesterday-that is NOT my usual)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    It was raining, loud thunder and hail like a mole foe, thought I was back in Tacoma
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member

Corey's cooking my shrimp scampi, and it smells amaze-balls, so I'm off to look over his shoulder. Take that back, I'm 5'2" and he's 6 foot, so maybe I'll just look around him... :D

Much love,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa- I love the image of you trying to see over his shoulder. Reminds me of former hubby and I. He is 6'2" and I am just 5'.
    Nice that he is cooking dinner for you.

Dh is at his mom's, like every morning and evening and eating over there. Ds and his girlfriend are making tuna melts for themselves. Not sure what I will have yet. Will figure it out when they are done in the kitchen. Having some decaf tea for now but hungry.
    Need to feed the backyard cats before it gets dark.

Spent the day in my pj pants. Did get half way dressed, which is more than I did on Sunday.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Deborah in Seattle, Welcome. I found MFP at age 62 after a lifetime of failed attempts to lose weight and keep it off. It helped that my husband had health concerns that made him ready to make changes, too. One of the first decisions I made was to find recreation and entertainment that didn't include food. I also gave up being the best baker in the world of chocolate chip cookies. I gave away baking supplies and haven't baked since. It has helped me to read and participate in this thread every day. I listen to podcasts about health and forming good habits and read books on the same subjects. Health and longevity have become very important to us. I hope you will come back and become part of our friendly community.

<3 Barbie in NW WA