WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    }}
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,325 Member
    designer-sorry to hear walking is not an option. Just do the best you can-calories in and calories out is the bottom line.

Heather-I wonder if the blue paint only keeps witch out of the one window? Great pictures!

Machka-I agree-great way to spend Christmas (NOT). The good news is, they are on top of it and are treating it the best they can.

Carol-I do not envy you the run-off election!

Well, made it through three days. Have two meetings tomorrow-will come home after second one and finish day from here. My typical WFH days are Tuesday and Friday. Couldn't do that on Tuesday due to meetings, and we are closed Friday due to Veteran's day. I will be working on annual budget from home Friday and over the weekend.

Was going to ladies group tonight, but with time change and work I am tired-so just going to be lazy. Got walk in after work. Going to watch something on tv that does not require much effort!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Machka it's good to have a plan for your nose. Hope all goes well and the cancer is eradicated without too much disruption to your daily life.

Off to do my yoga. Then I see the dermatologist today. I had a prescription cream for the soles of my feet; she says it's fungal. But after many weeks of use, I see no improvement. And the copay to see her again is high. I'm not one to follow doctors blindly, so she will have some convincing to do. Does anyone use over the counter antifungal cream?

Annie in Delaware

Annie, There are some conditions that mimic foot fungus. Erythrasma, for example, is a bacterial infection, but it looks very similar to a fungus infection. If your dermatologist scraped your foot, she would have looked for and identified the fungus she is treating you for. Fungus infections do take a long time to resolve, but it seems as if you should at least see improvement!

Kim So sorry you are going through all of this crapola. You are good at coping, but I hate that you have to do it mostly alone.

Barbara What a harrowing experience! Reading about your experience on the road made my palms sweat. So glad you made it home in one piece. <3

I had more to respond to but I'm suddenly exhausted and am going to bed. More tomorrow.

Love you gals,

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family for 1st 1.5mi than rest w/yogi only- 2hrs 3min 19sec, 2.91ap,100elev, 83ahr, 108mhr, 6.02mi= 546c
    Strava app = 737c

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Worked, then went to Aldi, this afternoon we donated some kidney cat food to the vet (it’s pretty expensive so maybe someone can use is) then went to WalMart. Decided that for dinner Saturday we’ll have chicken. Got chicken nugget-type-things and some chicken/cheese/vege casserole things.

Debbie – tacos would be great, but I also try to think of something that Vince’ll eat, and there is no way he’ll eat a taco.

Tracey – I’ve never heard of a heated jacket. When we lived in PA wish I’d have known about it. I try to make lists of things I’ll get people for Christmas. The other good part is that you can buy something when it’s on sale (sometimes)

Barbara – BK’s newest thing is “welcome to Burger King, you rock”. To me, a bit stupid. Plus...they give a crown now to EVERYONE, even adults. Oh well……

M – how did you do almost all of your Christmas shopping and not spend a cent?????? Inquiring minds want to know….lol Good news on the moles!

Heather – really enjoying your trip

No work tomorrow so the plan is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Blast DVD. Newcomer bowling tonight.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    exermom wrote: »

M – how did you do almost all of your Christmas shopping and not spend a cent?????? Inquiring minds want to know….lol Good news on the moles!

Michele NC

Good news about one mole.

Not such good news about the two spots of skin cancer. Definitely not thrilled about the nose one in particular.

Christmas is not about presents. I don't buy them. Although it's possible I might buy 2 this year. I'll see.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    §§
  • Machka9
    Read and caught up, I didn’t take notes tonight I was busy texting with my daughter. Her husband is at the hospital, they think it’s kidney stones.
    He just had a CT scan and waiting to see the results.

Tomorrow is the last workday this week. I’m so glad.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Ouch!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2022
    Vicki, I abhor monthly meetings, and did away with them when I was in a position to do so at my workplace. This is one of my major pet peeves. What a waste of your time! For decades, there have been much better ways to disperse targeted information to the appropriate people in an organization. Labor-intensive carbon copies were outdated 50 years ago, and since then there have been all kinds of ways to disperse information efficiently. Salaried individuals are abused by this system. I calculated that we were requiring about a week of extra time per year per salaried employee with mandatory meetings. I did have to go through upper level channels to get it changed, but since there were some hourly employees who attended these meetings, I demonstrated the annual savings to the company and they listened. If only salaried employees attend the meetings, there is very little motivation to change, unless efficiency becomes a priority for some reason. You have a lot of seniority. Who could you talk to about changing the way information is dispersed? I can't imagine anyone loves those meetings. What did you do during Covid?

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    edited November 2022
    Vicki, I abhor monthly meetings, and did away with them when I was in a position to do so at my workplace. This is one of my major pet peeves. What a waste of your time! For decades, there have been much better ways to disperse targeted information to the appropriate people in an organization. Labor-intensive carbon copies were outdated 50 years ago, and since then there have been all kinds of ways to disperse information efficiently. Salaried individuals are abused by this system. I calculated that we were requiring about a week of extra time per year per salaried employee with mandatory meetings. I did have to go through upper level channels to get it changed, but since there were some hourly employees who attended these meetings, I demonstrated the annual savings to the company and they listened. If only salaried employees attend the meetings, there is very little motivation to change, unless efficiency becomes a priority for some reason. You have a lot of seniority. Who could you talk to about changing the way information is dispersed? I can't imagine anyone loves those meetings. What did you do during Covid?

Karen in Virginia

I agree!

I could see an annual conference with a meal provided in the middle going that long but not the monthly meeting. There's no point.

I don't mind the quick catch-ups with a few highlights, but otherwise meetings have to have a specific point and they have to be between specific people.

The COVID situation was great for letting everyone know that we could use TEAMS for meetings. :smiley: I didn't think anyone had big, in-person meetings anymore! :smiley:

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    I've got to get walking!

v8uscpzqc32j.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited November 2022
    Machka Will you undergo Moh's for your nose? I might have missed that part.

I'm actually not sure. I forgot to ask. I was busy wrapping my head around her ideas for skin grafting and essentially plastic surgery. I will have a new nose.

When I googled it, I thought I saw that only one doctor does that, so mine might not.

We are so excited! Hate to admit it, but it's over food. My spouse, brother, and I are going to enjoy fine dining tonight & tomorrow night. We have a $200 food credit at our new senior community to "use or lose" by the 15th. There is a fine restaurant open 3 nights a week from 5-7 and we were fortunate enough to snag reservations after 2 parties cancelled. We are going two nights in a row to eat deliciousness. What a splurge! I'll post the menu. In addition to being the equivalent of a five star restaurant, for the quality, the prices are most reasonable. I'll have to help my brother look at his clothes to choose something nice-ish.

2vlgi7zdekda.jpeg

I believe everything is included except for the uncharges listed, so you can see what an amazing value it is. People say it is five star food. :)

___
    Karen in Virginia

That is incredibly inexpensive ... especially if it includes everything!!

I'd go for the Pasta Puttanesca.

And I'd go once a week at those prices.

Here's what that goes for in Hobart - this image is from one restaurant, but a lot of others I just looked at are much the same. The $25 is the entre (small size) and the $29 is the main (larger size). Plus you'd buy the salad, dessert, drinks etc..
    u6gykqch5zfm.png

This one is from a restaurant we go to a few times a year because the prices are good. As with most restaurants in Australia, you'd purchase your starters, desserts, drinks, etc. in addition to that.
    4cbe4ryzeuha.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    30 Days of Gratitude
    ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.
    4. Food - soup. That's what I've been eating just recently because there's less chewing. We always keep a few cans of soup on hand for situations like these.
    5. Sound - my music. I've recently acquired a number of nature sounds CDs with music playing along with sounds of ocean waves, birds, and so on. Lovely.
    6. Nature - I love nature. It would be incredibly difficult for me to pick just one thing. I am so grateful that there is nature and that I can enjoy it.
    7. Memory - Winter 2017. The last time I visited my parents and a wonderful 1-month holiday to Canada that June/July. My husband and I did two cycling events and a lot of other cycling. We climbed mountains and explored a glacier. We visited friends and family.
    Memories:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730
    8. Book - Norman Doidge's The Brain's Way of Healing. I found it inspirational!
    https://www.normandoidge.com/?page_id=1042
    9. Place - home. I've moved and travelled a lot and home is wherever I happen to feel really comfortable. Right now, home is a certain house here in Tasmania where I can go and just be myself (mostly, for even a little while). Home is where I can lie down on the sofa and doze off when I've had a rough day, like I did yesterday.
    10. Taste - salt. My favourite taste. :) On the one hand I need salt because of my exercise and medications, on the other hand I need to reduce my salt because of my kidneys. But given the choice, I'll usually go salty over sweet ... or maybe salty and sweet!

Machka in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    This is bone density day for me. I take alondrate once a week to strengthen my bones. There was a problem with taking the medicine first thing, but it has been resolved. 😊