Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
    Nov 9 - A - (wine 3 glasses)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    November accountability: 2 days AF
    Alcohol: 7 days (18 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/9 - 3 drinks ; complimentary champagne when entered restaurant + 1 glass wine + 1 B&B when returned home

Total fail last night. I had resolved not to drink alcohol when DH & I met up with DH's brother for dinner. However we walked into the restaurant and they handed us a glass of champagne before seating us. From there I did not resist. Why ? Because I had already blown my AF evening.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Lilylady3k
    Cucumber serrano!

@dawnbgethealthy - You would have loved the cucumber serrano margarita. These are really tasty! Not sweet or sugary, not citrusy, doesn't taste like cucumbers ... just a really smooth light drink. Ambriza mexican restaurant does these really well.
    I was getting it on the rocks without salt like I do most margaritas but my sister said try the 1/2 and 1/2. hmmmm frozen margarita instead of ice so that the drink doesn't get watered down. Very good idea.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @leonajeant

Yes, people's "fun" that revolves around drinks have very small worlds.
    Our @MissMay gets out there and tears up the dance floor, sans alcohol.

I remember a couple of Christmases ago where it was an absolutely beautiful day. The "group" was sitting around drinking. I suggested "let's go outside, have a walk, make a snowman, go skating on a lake", snowshoe, cross-country ski, just get outside, but nope. Those people have since moved away, but it made me think about how many people's get togethers revolve around drinking.

Finding friends who do not drink seems next to impossible. If you find one spend more time with them.
    If you are the one not drinking around drinkers they seem so very boring. Like what a waste of a day.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    November 2 days AF BTW
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @Stockholm_Andy WOW. Those pics are amazing!

AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine)

The Buzbee blood orange tonic water was a real winner. Definitely buying it again.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    November accountability: 3 days AF
    Alcohol: 7 days (18 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/10 - AF

Finally just told myself I needed another AF evening to add to my November record. Drank a spicy tomato juice and then ice tea ... and did not indulge in the bourbon & coke with DH.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I say make a plan now for exiting the toxic job, if you can. You probably cannot or you would have left already. I had a plan to be gone from my toxic job by mid January, then my diagnosis came along and all of that has gone out the window. I should be spending more time figuring it out but I don’t know where I’ll be in a month, two months, three with my treatment so it’s hard to plan. I don’t know why we stay at toxic jobs-for me it’s partially the fear of the unknown.
    No matter what you decide to do, I’m rooting for you!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Stockholm_Andy

Those photos!! Wow!

Such compelling painting was done on the dresser mirror area! We have a couple of painters here on this group, that just might spark some inspiration.

I enjoyed all of the scenery and settings, but I always love to see markets from around the world, so I am very glad that you included a photo of that.

Thank you for sharing : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @globalhiker

I know that you will feel better if you get out for a little run.

Good plan to try to move to part time.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @joans1976

Yeah, a plan to quit your job will have to go on hold as you need to go through treatments.