Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Thursday November 10 - 2 drinks - Just a case of poor willpower, I confess that I didn't try very hard. Going to aim for an AF Friday, I haven't had one of those in a long time.

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 10 days
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine)

I ordered a mocktail from the restaurant menu, Ginger Lime Fizz. Not too different from what I’ve been doing but had full sugar products. Good but too sweet!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Really nice pictures @Stockholm_Andy, the deep blue skies and sea especially. Thanks for sharing that vibe!

@MissMay, I hope you have some Orlando pix? I used to go to the St. Pete and Sarasota areas and have to say mid-late November is really a great time to go.

Contemplating sticking around a few more months in my very toxic job which I guarantee will lead to bad health....and consider either asking for a part time role and if my wishes are not granted, then be prepared to say good-bye.

Sometimes you just need to take charge of #1 and thank you @joans1976, @dawnbgethealthy, and others for your comments. Sometimes the toxicity in your life is not the alcohol, it the other stuff - work, family, situations, etc. And the solution is getting this toxicity out of one's life.

Not drinking or eating much these days but not exercising much either, so I am just not myself these days.

There is an interesting book that’s been out for a while called “The Body Keeps the Score”, which talks about the effect of trauma (even every day trauma such as being in a toxic relationship, job, etc.) and it’s effect on the body and the brain. Our bodies “store” the trauma. Really fascinating.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 oh that’s awful! I’m so sorry to hear this. Your poor friend must be going through so many emotions right now. Hugs to you both!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Thursday November 10 - 2 drinks - Just a case of poor willpower, I confess that I didn't try very hard. Going to aim for an AF Friday, I haven't had one of those in a long time.
    Friday November 11 - Drinks - Not doing stellar on the AF front this month so far. Planned drinks for Saturday and then maybe I can get my *kitten* together?

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 11 days
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8: AF
    Just so tired all the time.
    11/9: AF
    I’m an eating machine. Seem to be eating my emotions.
    11/10: AF
    Finally Friday! I have 4 appointments and I plan to sleep between all of them!
    11/11: AF
    I’m currently supporting a good friend whose mother was an alcoholic. She went through medical detox many times but was not able to stick with it. (Her husband refused to stop drinking so she would come home from rehab and have alcohol staring her in the face.) She was detoxing at home this week and had a cardiac event and died. My friend is shattered and so very, very angry. Her mom was only 70 and left behind a lot of family. It’s very sad and makes me thankful I have largely given up A.
    11/12: AF
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker This thread and people like you make the stress a little easier to handle 🌞
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
    Nov 9 -10- 11-12 A - (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 13- AF