Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Nice inspirational post @MissMay, today and every day, it's us running the show. The day we stop the blame game, quit thinking of the past and take action to live for today is the day we become in charge of ourselves.

Tomorrow I will work out harder and lift heavier weights and take my vegan protein powder for breakfast. Last time I took it right after working out, it seemed to really fix my appetite and I had no soreness, I did have the appetite and "drink" control, and interestingly, noticed some strength.

The day was dieting and feeling hungry but the evening was 2 beers with sporadic snacking. Ugh. Putting myself to bed early so I get up and have a good day.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn So…don’t leave us hanging! Are they gone? I so hope so for you and your DH sakes!

@globalhiker I admire you for lifting and taking care of your body.
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I enjoy checking in with this group every day!

AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 [total: 11]
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine), 12 (beer) [total: 4]

We are going to a fundraiser/bingo night tonight. It's at a little bistro that doesn't have a liquor license - - so that will make staying AF much easier!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    tandalman wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm late to the November game but better late than never.
    I just returned to Myfitnesspal after a 2-year hiatus. Before 2020 I was overweight by 40 lbs. I had a lifestyle that involved plenty of social events and drinking. When I got home from work I would have some wine or a cocktail (or two) after work. I wanted to loose weight and get to my goal by my 50th birthday in May 2020.
    During the shutdown, I stopped drinking, started eating healthy, and exercised. It was not so hard because the quarantine took the temptation away since we weren't going out. I lost 40lbs from Feb-May! I couldn't believe how fast the weight came off! I never felt better.
    Unfortunately, when the holidays rolled around and things started opening up again I slowly started falling off the wagon. By mid-2021 I was eating, drinking, and dropped exercise. Part of me just said f-it, I'm just going to do what makes me happy and eat and drink what I want. Although I am not happy. I am miserable, sad, and angry with myself for getting back to this place. I know that limiting or giving up alcohol was the key to my previous success, I just need to get back in that headspace and do it again.
    My hubby said something to be about how my health and energy are being affected by it all, and that was a motivation for a change. So...

Thank you all for being a forum to share this with.

11/1-13: drank almost daily.
    11/14: AF
    11/15: We are going bowling w/friends

tonight, beer will tempting but I'm just having club soda tonight.

Welcome! I’m sure so many of us can relate! I know I can.

The good news is you know what to do! I’m sure you’ll have success again once you put your eating and exercise plan back into place. Being AF around others who are not is definitely a challenge. I would either have club soda with a lime (looks like a gin and tonic), or take micro sips of the one glass of wine I allowed myself so it would last. If anyone questioned me I always said I was on a cleanse or on an antibiotic. No one really noticed what I was drinking so never was an issue. You got this!

• Womona
    Options
    @lmlmrn here’s hoping! That is super encouraging to hear.
  • Womona
    Options
    I am not doing so great. Only 3 AF days this month. Yesterday I said to myself, "really? Is this the life you want to live?" Alcohol in any amount absolutely ruins my sleep and I read if you do not get sufficient sleep in your 50s and 60's you are at a much higher risk for developing dementia. Is a nightly wine habit worth that? Anyway I did not indulge yesterday and slept like a baby and feel refreshed today. I wish I could bottle this feeling and draw on it when I feel temptation. I enjoy reading the tips and coping strategies here.

Holy cow, is that true???????

Definitely screen shot your post so you can remind yourself how great you feel when temptation strikes. Also, check out the tips at the beginning of this thread. A craving lasts only 6 minutes, so if you can distract your self through that, your desire for alcohol will probably pass. Also check out the 30 day experiment (also up top).

Welcome!

• Womona
    Options
    Busydad101 wrote: »
    I'm brand new to MFP but I'm so happy to see others dealing with the same challenges. Wishing everyone a happy and fulfilling day.

Welcome to MFP , and to this awesome thread!!!!!! Lots of great folks on here.
  • Womona
    Options
    @joans1976 thinking about you, hope the other lump is benign. Is your surgery outpatient or will you be in the hospital?

You’ll get to Bali, don’t you worry!