How to lose that jiggle under upper arms and on lower body

Options
Sulekhatc
Sulekhatc Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I have been a member for past many years and have lost lots of weight over the past 5 years but need to lose another 40-50 lbs but as I am losing the weight the jiggle under my arms is not getting any smaller. I am in my mid Fifties. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Tagged:

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Calling @AnnPT77 as she has some v good advice about arm wobble (hint - it’s not as much fat as you think it is!)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You talk about losing weight but are you doing strength training? That helps tremendously with under arm jiggle. However, you might not lose it all depending on how overweight you were and your age--as you get older your skin doesn't bounce back like before. I agree @AnnPT77 is definitely well versed on this topic. Calling....calling...... :D
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    If we say her name three times she'll appear.

@AnnPT77
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    :lol:@AnnPT77

This is where you get to use those typing skillz.

:flowerforyou: and a sorry for yet another tag.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Brilliant advice and information from @AnnPT77 as always. You really are an inspiration to many of us Ann. Thank you for all you do on here.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yupper, you've hit on one of my pet peeves: Women misidentifying nice, relaxed triceps
    Calling @AnnPT77 as she has some v good advice about arm wobble (hint - it’s not as much fat as you think it is!)
    You talk about losing weight but are you doing strength training? That helps tremendously with under arm jiggle. However, you might not lose it all depending on how overweight you were and your age--as you get older your skin doesn't bounce back like before. I agree @AnnPT77 is definitely well versed on this topic. Calling....calling...... :D

@AnnPT77

C'mon guys: 3 tags in less than an hour? 🤣 That's pressure! I admit, I'm a fast touch-typist, but my ridiculous rants still take a little time to formulate after I see the tag, y'know? (Plus I needed more coffee.)

Isn't the 3 times thing for demons or something? I don't think I'm a demon? I'm just a sweet li'l ol' lady! Maybe. Kinda. 😉🤣

The triceps response is definitely a FAQ that you could have stored in a google doc or something so you can just paste with minor edits :wink:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    My suggestions:

1. Strength train
    2. Get to your goal weight
    3. See Ann's post above
    4. Continue to strength train
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yupper, you've hit on one of my pet peeves: Women misidentifying nice, relaxed triceps
    Calling @AnnPT77 as she has some v g :D ood advice about arm wobble (hint - it’s not as much fat as you think it is!)

@AnnPT77

C'mon guys: 3 tags in less than an hour? 🤣 That's pressure! I admit, I'm a fast touch-typist, but my ridiculous rants still take a little time to formulate after I see the tag, y'know? (Plus I needed more coffee.)

Isn't the 3 times thing for demons or something? I don't think I'm a demon? I'm just a sweet li'l ol' lady! Maybe. Kinda. 😉🤣

The triceps response is definitely a FAQ that you could have stored in a google doc or something so you can just paste with minor edits :wink:

I do use cut'n'paste. But I also try to tailor the post, if/as needed, to what the OP actually said/asked. Sometimes it's minor edits, sometimes less so. But it was 3 tags in less than an hour, and I needed to make myself a cup of coffee in there, too! 😉🤣

ETA: And it seems to have been all for naught in this case, as OP posted essentially the same question in a different section a couple of days later. 🤷‍♀️

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878450/how-to-get-rid-of-upper-arm-jiggles-and-lose-skin-after-some-weight-loss#latest

Presumably this is someone new who's having difficulty figuring out how to get back to their previous posts - though I dunno.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    You're too kind, Ann.

Just seems like poor forum etiquette imo, to ignore everything here then ask the same thing elsewhere without referencing this at all.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    You're too kind, Ann.

Just seems like poor forum etiquette imo, to ignore everything here then ask the same thing elsewhere without referencing this at all.

TBH, it helps my emotional well-being (equanimity) when I give others the benefit of the doubt.

It isn't always possible to do that, but OP has only 4 posts at this moment, and the two mentioned were, I believe, the first two since one in 2014. There's a learning curve to participating in the Community posts, I think.

I did link this thread in the one where the question was repeated.