WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate in whatever way you choose. We had family here today and celebrated both Thanksgiving and Christmas as none of them will be able to be here for Christmas. DD and I will celebrate quietly on our own then. One thing I got today was a mystery puzzle so that should keep us occupied at that time. Everyone helped out and we had a lovely meal and good time spent together.

Wecome to the newbies. Keep coming back.

My first cookbook was Betty Crocker Cooking For Two. It was a wedding present and I used it a lot.

I am definitely an introvert. I can do people for a while but need time alone to recharge. D H never understood that.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I thought I posted that last night

You did. :smiley:

Lol it was sitting in my text now still. I don’t know why MFP does that sometimes.

It saves a draft for you. Often happens with long posts or posts we take our time with so we don't accidentally lose those posts.

If you look in the right sidebar, in the same area where you can see the Groups link, you'll see a Drafts link. You can click on it and delete any drafts you no longer want.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I thought I posted that last night

You did. :smiley:

Lol it was sitting in my text now still. I don’t know why MFP does that sometimes.

It saves a draft for you. Often happens with long posts or posts we take our time with so we don't accidentally lose those posts.

If you look in the right sidebar, in the same area where you can see the Groups link, you'll see a Drafts link. You can click on it and delete any drafts you no longer want.

M in Oz

qg1pqblp2v68.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited November 2022
    Options
    30 Days of Gratitude
    ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.
    4. Food - soup. That's what I've been eating just recently because there's less chewing. We always keep a few cans of soup on hand for situations like these.
    5. Sound - my music. I've recently acquired a number of nature sounds CDs with music playing along with sounds of ocean waves, birds, and so on. Lovely.
    6. Nature - I love nature. It would be incredibly difficult for me to pick just one thing. I am so grateful that there is nature and that I can enjoy it.
    7. Memory - Winter 2017. The last time I visited my parents and a wonderful 1-month holiday to Canada that June/July. My husband and I did two cycling events and a lot of other cycling. We climbed mountains and explored a glacier. We visited friends and family.
    Memories:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730
    8. Book - Norman Doidge's The Brain's Way of Healing. I found it inspirational!
    https://www.normandoidge.com/?page_id=1042
    9. Place - home. I've moved and travelled a lot and home is wherever I happen to feel really comfortable. Right now, home is a certain house here in Tasmania where I can go and just be myself (mostly, for even a little while). Home is where I can lie down on the sofa and doze off when I've had a rough day, like I did yesterday.
    10. Taste - salt. My favourite taste. :) On the one hand I need salt because of my exercise and medications, on the other hand I need to reduce my salt because of my kidneys. But given the choice, I'll usually go salty over sweet ... or maybe salty and sweet!
    11. Holiday - Christmas!!!!
    12. Texture - smoothness. I like smooth clothes, smooth sheets, Rhody's smooth fur ...
    13. Abilities - I don't really think of myself in terms of having abilities. I've sort of thought of myself as "the jack of all trades, master of none". However, organisation is one that I've been thankful for throughout my life.
    14. Sight - the beauty all around. In our yard, where we go cycling, where I work, and travelling around this island.
    15. Season - I like the seasons in the following order from best to worst: Summer, Autumn ............ Spring ................... Winter.
    16. What about your body are you grateful for? Healing ... that it heals. Mostly anyway, and perhaps imperfectly, but healing does take place.
    17. What knowledge are you grateful for? Everything I do know. It all contributes to my work, my carer role, and my other activities.
    18. Piece of art - of the arts, I think the two I appreciate the most are literature and music. On the subject of music, I have really appreciated discovering ABC Classic FM on the radio and the app on my phone. I pop in my earbuds at work and I can focus on my work while feeling relatively relaxed at the same time. :)
    19. Touch - Rhody's fur, his little wet nose, his whiskers
    20. Who in my life - my husband. I'm glad he is still in my life. My parents who have always been supportive.
    21. Song - He Is -- Mark Schultz. One of several songs that has been with me through the difficult times.
    22. Story - I'm grateful that there are so many stories! I love reading. It provides me with a much-needed distraction.
    23. Tradition - I like the little traditions of Christmas. :)
    24. Challenge - all the long distance cycling I've done over the years! :)
    25. What moment this week are you most grateful for? Now. The start of a 3-day weekend! I'm taking Monday off.

It has been a long and busy week!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    As we get closer to the end of November, and the end of the Gratitude list, have a look at what you posted the last time we did this in 2018 - 4 years ago. Or maybe you want to wait till the end of the month to have a look.

What's the same? What has changed?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10704529/women-ages-50-for-november-2018/p75

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Allie-sorry you are having health issues right now.

Pip-I keep forgetting to tell you-I find the way you take care of your animals is outstanding. I really wish more parents/families took the same care with their human children and each other.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

lol Pip doesn't have animals. just children
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    BIG HUGS Karen.
    Love you, ❤️ Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Karen yes it is very hard to live with a memory challenged person. My mom has it in her mind that she can get dressed and ready to go in fifteen minutes but reality is more like thirty-five. So she waits until fifteen minutes before we need to leave, and she is late time and time again. But she doesn't believe me when I urge her to give herself more time. I either need to be more of a pest or give her an earlier deadline. The time will come when I need to outright lie to her, but then all trust will fade so I really avoid that.

Good luck to you, and know that we understand your frustrations. It might help to think of this as a phase she goes through. It's like raising a baby in reverse, the challenges are different with every stage.

Annie in Delaware

If you know you have to leave home at 2 pm to be at an appointment by 2:30 pm, can you tell your mother that you need to leave home at 1:30? Would she notice? I often do that ... shuffle the times a bit.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    BIG HUGS Karen.
    Love you, ❤️ Heather UK xxxxxx

Karen - Ditto, big hugs and much love from rainy Arkansas... makes you wonder what drove her then to push the issue. Premonition?

Heather - Love the watercolors! Trying to resist the urge to buy another set and play...

Allie - Hope today's a better day on the physical side of things, sounds like you and Doris are enjoying yourselves...

Successfully resisted the urge to jump back into the Facebook swim... When I departed the electronic environs, Corey stepped up where his family was concerned and kept those lines of communication open. Last night, no joke, his phone pinged a hundred times (it's a BIG family), and I realized once again why I still don't want that back in my life. Those who love me have my phone number and can text me directly. Other than that, I'm still OK with playing quietly over here in my corner... :smiley:

Cor's headed for work this morning - the only time he can get the oil changes done on most of the trucks is when the guys aren't working, so it's a good day to get caught up.

Gratitudes:
    24. What challenge are you most grateful for? I can't find it in myself yet to be grateful for the current challenges... I would like to, but I'm just not that saint-like. Yet, anyway >:) . It has been a life full of challenges, and I've succeeded and failed in equal measure, I think. So I guess the answer is "all of them."
    25. What moment this week? All of them.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    DH is in a care facility and I get to see him several times a week thanks to our daughter. Last evening she took me to a family event and I enjoyed it very much. I hope to see DH soon. I plan to call him for a chat later this morning.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our daughter’s chest freezer died. DH is hoping to replace it with an upright. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. <3