Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Tilliesmommy1 for the welcome...much appreciated! I hadn't knitted in years and I had to kinda relearn about a month ago....wanted to make an afghan. But I definitely am a much better crocheter. :smile:

Today I began preparation for Christmas decorating by packing away all my everyday decor...tchotchkes, my depression glass, etc. Took time but it is all packed away until after the holidays. Tomorrow is cleaning day and then Monday I will get out my decorations. I need to go through them and see if there are any that I can donate....I am always downsizing, as I live in an apartment and don't have the amount of room I had when I had a house. But the apartment will look very festive when I am done. I am looking forward to it. And every step is another calorie burned,

I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    6ddeknl26we3.jpeg
    *** November 26 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - good for you on everything you've done the past couple of days! You are inspiring me to tackle my do list 👍🏻

Crochetluvr - I hope that your decorations are coming along--it makes the Season!

Time to jump into the shower and get going for the day 🚿

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

266.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 🦃🍽 been a busy few weeks. Crunch time for end of year goals with work. Getting things lined up for Christmas and starting the MBA program in January. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

~ Missy
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Starting over again for the - I dunno - 10th time? At my all time high weight and hoping to drop around 20 lbs. Nice to "meet" you all :smile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Options
    Starting over again for the - I dunno - 10th time? At my all time high weight and hoping to drop around 20 lbs. Nice to "meet" you all :smile:

Hi....and nice to meet you! I want to drop 20 pounds, too and this is not my first attempt at a redo, but it will be my last because I WILL succeed this time. And at this time of year, it's even more difficult, but I am up for it. Feel free to add me if you want support...we can all use it.
  • gemwolf110
    Options

Nice to meet you as well! I lost count of how many times I started and stopped.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Tree is up! Lights are on just need to put ornaments on.

f9bn83jit2lf.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening.

When I had a kitchen window, I would pull out all my Christmas stuff and decorate, lights and all. No window in this apartment. This time of year I miss it. I have 3 small Xmas trees all different styles (one is made completely of pieces of wood) and it does not take me long to decorate. Dejunk yes,decorate no.

Missy I love your tree. What a pretty angel. Do the dogs try and mess with it like cats do?

Food choices are improving slightly and that will help my scale which is being honest but mean.

Luckily I have 2 three day weekends coming in December - its the "almost end of my long weekend and wishing I had a longer one" moment.

I had to by long round knitting needles. Coworker and good friend announced she and her husband are expecting and I cannot find the round needles I use for baby blankets. That was my Black Friday shopping. I hope you were sitting down.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    04adnye98vxq.jpeg
    *** November 27 ***

Well good morning everybody 💖

Welcome to Serenityfrye ~~

Missy - Your tree is so pretty!! Good for you! And hey - this is so exciting to hear that you will be starting that masters program in January. I am happy for you~

Sara - you are so funny with the "I hope you were sitting down" I love it!

Well, it is raining cats and dogs here today, so I decided to just stay inside in my pajamas and do little things and paperwork today.

Any ideas on a Netflix or Amazon prime movie that's "holidays" but not too saccharine?

Waving to Crochetluvr and any who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

scale was scary this morning: 269.7 must be the muffin binge - sugar makes me retain water!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Thank you! Going to put ornaments up tonight. And my dogs don’t seem to mind it but it did confuse my youngest pup when he was younger. He “thought” he was outside. SMH

Lana I don’t I kinda just see what the suggestions are.

Sara yeah I hear ya on Black Friday shopping. I wasn’t going to go out at all. But my sister wanted company when she shopped. Well I got a few things and a couple of gifts taken care of lol.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lana - go with the classics for Christmas movies they are a little sugary but not like the modern ones.

At church one of my 90 year old friends sat next to me. She has been out ill for so long it was just nice to see her.

Day has not been very productive, okay laundry is going, got a nice nap in. My onion jam was not quite right. I will need to find a new recipe. Still good with meatloaf in the freezer.

My rain starts Thursday which also means snow in the hills.

• Crochetluvr
    Options
    Hi! It was a busy day. Spent part of it clearing up my crafts and putting them in storage until after the holidays. Did some cleaning, then my son asked if I wanted to play an online, interactive game with him and the kids so I said sure. Mostly trivia based, which I like. It was a lot of fun. I only get to see my son and his family twice a year so online communication is very important. Going to relax for the evening and watch the football game.....GO EAGLES!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually have active "friends" that you interact with in the news feed or do you just use the community board for support?
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    jtophinke wrote: »
    Does anyone actually have active "friends" that you interact with in the news feed or do you just use the community board for support?

I have friends but interact more with the boards for support.
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm trying to start up again. Since completing my first HalfIronman (something I never thought I'd be able to do), I've been struggling with being inconsistent in my workouts and eating. I do not want to lose all that hard work and I do feel much happier when I'm healthy and fit.
  • Dejavous6
    Dejavous6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m back on it again , back to square one 😠 I will get this lot back off !
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Monday November 28th ***

Wow, I almost forgot to check in today. So much to do suddenly.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cold here and as tempting as hot chocolate is, I will settle for a blanket. Rain and snow coming Wednesday. Much needed no complaints.

Eating slightly better - helps that all the junk food is gone.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ms18owvzy9nr.jpeg
    *** November 29 ***

Wow, it amazes me that November is almost all gone.

Sara - glad that you have rain coming, and I applaud your achievements re junk food. I have not been as good lately.

Waves to Missy and Dejavous6 and Swthedgehog and jtophinke and Crochetluvr and anyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana

267.4 today
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lana,
    Your beach picture is much more inviting/motivating than our cold, dark, misty day in WI.