πŸ§£β„β˜ƒ2023 Winter 5% Challenge IS NOW OPENβ˜ƒβ„πŸ§£

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,211 Member
Are you looking for a little bit more support? Some interaction with members on a "team" where we encourage each other? People of all ages from ALL over MFP!! This is a 8 weeks challenge, from the main team we pick a team (There are 8 teams, one is full) in which we do a friendly competition to see which team does the most exercise (Tops a day is 120 mins, BUT MANY of our new members, those who like myself are disabled can do 10 mins 3 days a week, or what you can SAFELY!! We really empathize being safe) while learning healthy habits!! These healthy habits can be anything from tracking your food (if you do not like the tracker,, I love it here,, you can use any tracker you desire, even paper and pen!) perhaps we'll work on having a healthy bed time routine, maybe it'll be choosing 1 snack that you'll eat (you'll be able to have more snacks in the day, if you are new to eating better, again SAFETY is first, to fast is to fast to drop current habits). WE ARE THE TEAM FOR YOU!!!

I struggle with many health issues, if you do also, COME ON BOARD!! If you've been losing for awhile or you've hit goal (πŸ†πŸ†) and everyone between, we'd LOVE TO HAVE YOU WITH US!!! It'll be a GRAND 8 WEEKS!!

We came over to MFP over a year ago when the site we used (Sparkpeople) closed. We are have MANY from MFP who have joined us, they are so amazed at how different this team is, how much success and fun they are having.

After you hit JOIN please pick a team you'll be with for the 8 weeks. I've lost thanks to this challenge 120 lbs! AND I STILL eat junk food!! NOT NEARLY as much as I had, but I do. SUCCESS LONG TERM is our aim.
8dmffm9yet20.png

Replies

• ercellajs
    ercellajs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    I would like to join the group

We are HAPPY to have you join us!! Please click on this link below. After you hit JOIN please remember to pick a team.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143963-2023-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of the 5% challenge on Sparkpeople as well as here on MFP and I would not have had the success I have had if it had not been for this team and focus on a healthier, happier life style. Do come join us and learn and explore a healthier lifestyle and make new friends at the same time. It is so cool to be able to learn new things and ways of managing your food, your exercise - sometimes I have to do it in 10 min increments, but it all adds up!! Hope to see you there, Lindie πŸ˜€πŸ§‘πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of this awesome group since it was on Sparks. If I didn't have the support of this group I don't believe I would be where I am today. I have lost over 100 lbs since November of 2018. When COVID hit it shut down my in person weight loss group (TOPS). I am so grateful that I was a part of this group already as they kept me motivated and accountable. This year has been a very tough year weight wise as well as life. I lost my Mom in late January and have been struggling since. If it wasn't for this group I would probably have gained back more than I have this year.

Thank you to all the wonderful leaders and members!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,886 Member
    Options
    Whether I'm losing, maintaining or struggling, the 5% Challenges and the team support keep me from throwing in the towel, returning to unhealthy eating habits and gaining back all that I have lost (currently 50+ lbs). If you want to learn some healthy habits while having fun, staying accountable, make some new friends and get a lot of support and encouragement the 5% Challenges is the place to be.
    Teams are filling up fast so click the link below and sign up now!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143963-2023-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I los 70 lbs as a member of SparkPeople. I’ve lost 5 more as a MyFitness Pal member, and I will lose 15 more so tha I will reach my goal. Come join us in the fun of becoming healthier people!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting the challenge!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Going to give it a try. Newbie to this challenge. When does it start?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Going to give it a try. Newbie to this challenge. When does it start?

HI ,,, right now we are picking the teams. The chat is open now. Great place for support here! The actual challenge date hasn't been set yet, we are thinking usually the last week of Dec/first of Jan we join our teams. We do a "practice" week than WOOHOO OFF We go. Between now and the practice week we have some neat feeds to help us get ready to have a successful challenge. HAPPY to have you with us!! The holidays are so stressful, but they do not need to be ,, food wise. LOL SORRY we can't help "with relatives" though we can help with the "I am driven to eat!" by having "Those relatives."
  • goaty3692
    goaty3692 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yes please, I would like to join this challenge. I was invited by texastitcher to join her group. I had connection issues with the last challenge and have had to re start account from Chaddythegoat. Picture is the same though. Thanks :)
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    yes please, I would like to join this challenge. I was invited by texastitcher to join her group. I had connection issues with the last challenge and have had to re start account from Chaddythegoat. Picture is the same though. Thanks :)

WB to the 5% Challenge!! So happy you are rejoining us!! Indeed the Rain Dancer team has quite the spirit to be happy even when life rains on us, to simply DANCE ANY WAYS!!