Women 200lb+, Let's Be Determined This December!!!

RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
edited November 2022 in Motivation and Support
❄️We've made it to December!!!

❄️ 2022 may be almost complete, but we're going to keep up the momentum and stay energized through the 31st!

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year?

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?

❄️Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for committing to yourself this year. Whether you've kept it going since January or just started up in the last few months. Well done either way!

💙 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💙 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💙All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

💙Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

❄️Let's be disciplined, determined, and have a dazzling December!!!❄️

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    @holdthefries I love all of your approach!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Welcome to December, everyone!

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month?

9/11/22: 253 (SW, highest ever)
    10/1/22: 246
    11/1/22: 241
    12/1/22: 234
    December goal: Hit the 220's—228 would be a 10% loss since starting.
    UGW: 165

Overriding Goal: Keep working the system and don't add too much too soon. Build a system that makes desired habits obvious, easy, attractive, and satisfying.
    Overriding Question: Will this choice help me become the person I want to become?

❄️ What have you already achieved this year?
    Since July, I've done a lot of work making small improvements in four areas: nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress reduction. I want to keep up this tiny changes approach as it is working for me.

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?

My strategy is to keep making identity-based habits, not outcome-based habits. (James Clear has a good blog post on this topic.) Am I the type of person who cares about what she puts into her body? Am I the type of person who prioritizes my health and wellness? Building that identity makes it easier for me not to shove something into my mouth just because it looks good. That said, life needs room for indulgence, so if I choose to indulge, I enjoy every mouthful, and I do it guilt free. What's the point of having that drink or tasting that dessert if we're just going to beat ourselves up about it later?

• RavenStCloud
    @sandielewis2001 Wow! Congrats to both of you for losing so much! And you guys look adorable in that picture!
  • RavenStCloud
    @Katherinelittle24 Welcome to the group! We're so glad to have you!

Don't give up. You've maintained a significant weight loss for a whole year. That's awesome. And congrats on completing the 5ks. It sounds like you have good, healthy plans set for the next month.

This is a great place for advice, venting, and just all around camaraderie. Checking in here at whatever intervals you set definitely helps keep you accountable.

We gotta keep on keepin' on. No other choice but moving forward! ❤
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    @sandielewis2001 The photo you posted is lovely!

@Katherinelittle24 The 200's are right around the corner! Now is the time to double down on your success.
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Can I join you?
    I weigh 98.5 kilos, which is somewhere around 220 pounds. I restarted MFP IN September at 108 kilos. I am waiting for a hip replacement. I am not able to walk more than a a few hundred feet, and because of that went from very active to sitting all day. I realised this week that this is not good enough. I’ve been reading your posts for a while and enjoy the positivity. I have set myself some goals this month. To keep logging and stick to my calorie limit, to be active in some way for 1 hour every day. To do something social weekly, and to speak or text with someone every day.
  • RavenStCloud
    @sandramarshall200 Of course you can join! Welcome! <3 It sounds like you've got practical, obtainable goals for this month. Keep us posted!
  • pamperedlinny
    Linda
    40 years old
    SW: 300 lbs
    Previous low: 195 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs
    Dec 1: 218.2 lbs
    Dec 2: 215.8 lbs

I’m not sure where the whoosh came from but I’m definitely here for it!

We had our internet go out from Friday morning through early this morning and so I haven’t really been online at all. Also, since I worried about using all my data by using mobile hot spot to work this week if it didn’t come back online I didn’t log well or go online a lot at all. That means I ended up sliding and not sticking to the plan through the weekend and I’ll have to get back on track through the week but I also had a chance to read more, pulled out DVD for old black and white movies I sometimes forget about and play a board game with my daughter. My husband took a seriously long nap yesterday and I loved having that time. I’m also SO GLAD it’s back on this morning.

This week includes my neighborhood book club, my daughter’s first basketball practice of the season, my holiday lunch for work, Lego club for my daughter, literacy night at my daughter’s school and assorted Christmas prep and shenanigans during the weekend. I’m already exhausted. LOL.

@sandielewis2001 I love your photo!

@Katherinelittle24 Welcome!!! That’s an excellent goal you reached! Completing 5 different 5k walks is fabulous! You definitely got this. Logging everything is definitely what helps me. Even if I just have a peppermint I try to remember to log it in. Sometimes I’m surprised at how many of those things I eat when I’m not really paying attention. At 10 to 30 calories each sometimes I have 200 calories of just little mints or hard candies.

@sandramarshall200 Welcome!!! I love your goals. Achievable and covering not just calories but movement and social too. I feel like the past couple years a lot of us have cut so far back on social that even friends of mine that are introverts have been more willing to go out. We all need at least some contact with others.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited December 2022
    49 yo 5’3” 6/11/2013 SW 277
    December goal: Size 6 (((???? I don't know please help me!!)))))
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, it happens when it happens. (((shrugs)))

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    7/1 153.0
    8/1 153.4
    9/1 149.2
    10/1 147.8
    11/7 147.4
    11/18 146.0
    11/25 149.6 still on my cycle
    12/2 153

🧅 Hit 3 servings of vegetables every day except Sundays! I reserve Sundays for not hitting my usual protein/oil/carb goals.
    🌶️Always be thankful!!!
    🍆Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🧄Remember: Total loss of 124 lbs!!

Finally found December! Hello all!

I would like to vent, because I feel like I have the crazies. So 2 weeks before Thanksgiving I started racking up some real exercise, and jogging, walking, doing whatever to get some calories banked. I should be 3 pounds down. In fact, I am 153 and smaller???? Yes, I had to measure because I was pretty upset that I shouldn’t have gained any weight, and if possible maybe lost and ounce or two. I know that bumping up exercise (which I have chose to sustain due to Christmas stuff) makes you gain weight. But?? I was 146 and within a week 153 lbs.

I am just a bit peeved that I am so much farther from my normal BMI and almost fitting into a size 6.. In fact I am mostly a size 6!! Just whatever.. I don’t know what to do? Modify my goals to just be a certain size instead of a certain weight?? Please feel free to pipe in, I am feeling a cross between elation “yeah, I am a size 6!!” which is what I was thinking would happen at goal weight.. To “I am now heavier and farther from my weight goal” I am a smidge confuzzled x10
  • pamperedlinny
    I should be 3 pounds down. In fact, I am 153 and smaller???? Yes, I had to measure because I was pretty upset that I shouldn’t have gained any weight, and if possible maybe lost and ounce or two. While I know that bumping up exercise, which I have chose to sustain makes you gain weight.

@justanotherloser007 That definitely happens. Muscle takes up less space on your body than fat. It sits tighter. So if you work out more and put on muscle weight you'll be thinner than the same weight with fat instead.

Today I made a big pot of Maryland Crab Soup. If you've never been to Maryland it's similar to a tomato based vegetable soup but with pieces of blue crab and chunks of crab meat plus Old Bay or JO or similar seafood seasonings. I've been really eating on it all day instead of eating a bunch of junk. Since my husband and daughter aren't fans of soup in general if I make a big pot then I have to be the one to eat that big pot so I tend to wait until I crave something in particular and then have it for a few days in a row. Given I've had a few higher calorie days this weekend and it's kind of gross outside today it seemed an excellent time for soup.
    aizan386nb1g.jpg

• @pamperedlinny yummy!! that looks soo good!

Also I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and so if you build muscle it takes up less space. But when it happens to me, that is different. I think that since I spent a large amount of time losing weight, all of a sudden gaining when I am getting smaller is freaking me out a bit!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Happy December all. Bit late from me as had a few days off plan but back again. Moving home soon, hopefully next week!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Vicky 61 <3

SW for the month 217.8 ( so took some off in November then put it back on )
    WK 1 214.8
    WK 2 away
    WK 3 away
    WK 4
    The goal for the Month 210 <3

Happy to be done this week <3

Specific goals while away:

Have fun <3
    Relax <3
    Read <3
    Swim <3
    Walk <3