December Goals, Habit Tracking, & Motivation Journal

Options
Hi! I wanted to create a space where I can share my goals for December, track my habits, and journal daily about my progress to keep me motivated. Keeping these things top of mind always seems to help, and I'd like to do a better job of tracking my journey and reviewing my wins/areas for improvement.

I'll be posting in this thread (hopefully) daily and welcome anyone who wants to, to do the same!

December Goals:

πŸ₯€ Drink at least 90 ounces of water per day.
πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ 30 minutes of physical activity per day.
πŸ₯˜ Log all my food each day.

Additional goal:
πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ Complete Chloe Ting 14 day workout routine.

Replies

• rnmcglass
    rnmcglass Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    12/1 went well (didn't mess it up on the first day!). I hit all of my goals, although I also indulged in some drinking to the Blues game last night.

πŸ₯€ I drank three yeti ramblers full of water.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ I did a strength training workout for 30 minutes.
    πŸ₯˜ All of my meals for the day were logged in the morning, with me adding in the snacks along the way!

Additional goal:
    πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ Because Chloe Ting is a bit intense and I'm really trying to get back into the swing of regular workouts, I actually started the Slay App home guide day 1. It was a short arm workout but resulted in a good burn and I've got some soreness this morning. I also made sure to do a warmup before and a cool down after.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I will write here as I am restarting today. My goal for today 2litres of water, 10K steps and 1800 KCal or less.
  • rnmcglass
    Options
    The dreaded weekend! I've been crazy busy and the weekends always seem to be the time when I stray. But I'm not going to let that deter me, and I'm aiming to be better on the weekends.

12/2 & 12/3

πŸ₯€ Friday I did well but Saturday I was down on water because I was out and about all day and I felt it. As I'm writing this I'm chugging a yeti to try and make up for it.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Friday I did strength training day 2 and got a ton of steps and an extra workout in at the hunk yard getting (and then starting to take apart!) an engine with my boyfriend. Definitely got in the exercise. Saturday was an errands day and I got a lot of steps, but no formal workout.
    πŸ₯˜ Both days I logged my meals the best I could, but ate out a lot so was definitely over in my calorie goal.

I'm taking today to set myself up for success in the week ahead. Tonight I'm cooking, so I've pretracked all my meals for the day and will add snacks as I go. I plan on doing day 3 of strength training, and like I said, I'm sucking down the water!

I've also made my grocery list and come up with all the dinners for this week:
    • M: Turkey Tettrazini (trying to use up the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers!)
    • T: Chicken Fried Rice
    • W: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs w/ pickled veg and rice
    • Roast duck with yukon potatoes and roasted carrots
    • Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken with leftover potatoes and parmesan green beans

I'm going to be importing recipes today so I can pre-log for the week.

Anyone know of easy and healthy lunch ideas? I'm at a loss.
  • rnmcglass
    Options
    12/4 Yesterday was a very successful day of getting myself reset and ready for this week. Like I mentioned, I've planned out all of my dinners for the week so I can pretrack easily. Now I just need to figure out lunches.
    πŸ₯€ I drank all my water plus an extra yeti! My goal is 90 oz but I would honestly like to be closer to 120. I think I feel my best when I'm drinking around 120 oz.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ I did day 3 of the Slay home guide (weightlifting). My legs are sore! Even on upper days it seems like there's squats or lunges snuck in there and I'm feeling it.
    πŸ₯˜ I logged all my meals. Dinner was a copycat Applebee's chicken wonton taco recipe. It was delicious and so easy to make!

• rnmcglass
    Options
    12/5 - A successful day! Busy at work, but I squeezed in a home workout and made fried rice at home (it was delicious!). So much cleaner than takeout.

πŸ₯€ I had all my water done by 3 PM. I think my body is getting back to a hydrated state which means I'm craving more water and drinking much more frequently.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ I did day 4 of the Slay home guide (weightlifting). My legs are just in a constant state of soreness.
    πŸ₯˜ I logged all of my meals! Still need healthy lunch ideas.
  • rnmcglass
    Options
    12/6 Yesterday had its ups and downs. Work is getting extra busy so I didn't get my workout in until late. I didn't want to do it, but I'm glad I did. And I'm already sick of cooking haha. So is the way it goes.

I had some drinks while watching the hockey game... which resulted in me snacking like crazy. I have got to work on snacking less, and when I am snacking, snacking more mindfully. I blew my budget and feel like crap this morning. But I logged it.

πŸ₯€ Got all my water in. Like I mentioned, my body is definitely getting accustomed to more water, and if I don't have it, I begin feeling a bit parched.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ I did Week 2 day 1 of the Slay home guide (weightlifting). It was an upper day which was much appreciated. My legs have still not recovered from all the squats and lunges haha.
    πŸ₯˜ I logged all of my meals... and unfortunately my snacks as well.

• rnmcglass
    Options
    12/7 A good day in the books! I tracked all my meals, drank all my water, and got in a short workout. It was a lower body day and one of my knees is feeling a bit off, so I'm modifying some of the moves (I'm 28 for crying out loud!)
    πŸ₯€ Water went well. I'm going to start really trying to get up to 120 oz.
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ I did Week 2 day 2 in the books. My level of soreness after each workout is going down.
    πŸ₯˜ I logged all my meals, including the cookies I made last night. I'm trying to not restrict myself too much, as that's how I cave and binge. Everything in moderation!
  • rnmcglass
    Options
    12/8 wasn't bad but wasn't great either. I took a much needed rest day, but always struggle with it feeling like I'm slacking. We went out to dinner and I tried to track it as best I can, but didn't make the healthiest decisions. We're unfortunately going out to dinner again tonight and I will try and do better.

πŸ₯€ Drank all my water!
    πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ It was a rest day, but I still got some walking in.
    πŸ₯˜ I tried my best to log my meals but didn't make the best choices.

Today is a new day and I will do better!