Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I woke up and did a positive morning meditation....there are so many to choose from on youtube but I have found a couple from Peace of Mindfulness that I really enjoy.

I never tried meditation until relatively recently, within the last year or two, when I discovered guided meditations on YT. I haven't done it in a while, but I think I might try to add that to my routine - I remember finding that it helped me to decompress at the end of the day. I don't remember what channel the one I was doing was on offhand, but I remember seeing that there were a lot of them around.

-m

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Hang in there, Amanda! So sorry it's still painful. Like @RockinRobyn672 said, at least the procedure is behind you. :# Thank you for the sweet compliment. I can take no credit for that!
    @mfowler883 Yikes! Hope that doesn't happen often!
  • mfowler883
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    @mfowler883 Yikes! Hope that doesn't happen often!

More often than I like. :/

Lately I've had several other tenants tell me they've seen strangers walking around checking doors. I mentioned it to one of our neighbors who lives right there by the walkway, she said she ran a guy off the other day. Another one of our neighbors caught two guys lurking in the parking lot in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago and ran them off at gunpoint.

A few months back, somebody broke into the mailboxes, not long before that somebody broke into the office and stole all the rent checks. Earlier this year, the property manager called me, she had tried to run some people off and they wouldn't leave. I was like, this isn't my job! I eventually went out, grabbed my neighbor, asked him if he'd have my back and observe while I went out there, so he tagged along and lingered in the shadows while I approached them. They didn't give me much resistance for whatever reason, I don't remember how I phrased it but I basically implied we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way haha. They chose the easy way. I guess people think because she's a woman who is not very assertive that she has no power to make them listen to her or something. I dunno.

Now that the dumpster is behind the gate, we don't have as much trouble with people hanging around the dumpster, but I used to have to run them off all the time out front. I'd catch them out there doing all sorts of crap, using the bathroom, doing dope, passed out, throwing garbage around, whatever. I looked at it like, we have children in this complex who take the trash out for their families, they don't need to be walking up on something like that. I'd make it clear, you walk by, that's fine, stay on the sidewalk, but THIS IS MINE. Don't let me catch you on this property. One time I found myself confronted by three of them and they were all getting funny so I brandished, one guy's like OOOOH YOU PULLED A GUN I'LL CALL THE POLICE hahahaha I'm like hey, look over there, she's got all this on video. I'll call for you. When they show up, how you think it's gonna play out?

Oh....and we live in a neighborhood that is supposed to be the nice side of town.

:p

-m
  • mfowler883
    Options
    At this point I am just waiting for it to warm from minus 20c to minus 10c and I will get out in the forest to walk or cross country ski.

I haven't skied in years. I grew up in the Detroit area, so sledding, skiing, things like that were part of life. I left Michigan in the mid 90s and moved to New Orleans, so other than a couple of visits over the years I haven't had much opportunity for those sorts of things.

-m
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday night to everyone LOL
    @Womona @joans1976 I so hope I can make my goal with the push ups and pull ups. I got my 'pullup bar' yesterday and it actually holds my body weight, DH tried it too. I am committed to give it a try. Heck I will be happy with 1 perfect move than 10 sloppy ones.

So we went out for beer yesterday but today has been fine. I do like the idea of putting a $$ amount in a 'tip jar' when we save money on not going out to drink. I am bringing this up to DH err tomorrow hehe.

Did I ever mention how dysfunctional DH's family is??? Not once did his sister call to let us know about a funeral/memorial service for his dad. She is the one with the control of the purse strings and coordination. Her and her spouse and child never moved out. They have/do live in the back yard in a mother-in-law house. They are ages 60, 63 and child of 30) So finally after not hearing anything and my prompting DH calls sister only to find out there is NO funeral/memorial service because 'dad' did not want one. When were they going to tell us????

Is is wrong of me to be upset? In my eyes that lack of communication is so disrespectful towards us and our emotions. Geez it is DH's dad and he is the oldest child. There is so much more to this than I can put on here but just know I am done and wash my hands of his family after 30 yrs. I have tried.

OK now for some fun.
    I found these cute cake molds that look like a snowflake. I thought this would be so cool to have my grandkids make them when they arrive for Christmas. I don't think 7 year olds are to young to run electric beaters?

• mfowler883
    Options
    Been pretty good today, too busy to stop and drink haha...I still have a can of Dead Guy in the fridge from last night but I'm leaving it there for the moment.

@lmlmrn it sounds like some of the crap that went down amongst my family when my aunt passed at the beginning of the year. It directly led to my final swing of the axe on FB, unfriending all of the handful that remained with the exception of immediate family and beginning the process of locking down all of my content.

-m
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn I feel like the death of a loved one brings out the worst in people and it’s too bad, it’s a time for the family to pull together.
    I think 7 is the perfect age to use beaters. As long as they are turned off before being brought out of the batter.

Welcome to all the new faces!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    November was rough- 19 A and 11 AF- I know I use work stress as an excuse a lot so I need to find better outlets. Teaching just really sucks the life out of me.
    Dec 1- 2- 3 A
    Dec 4 - AF
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fun night with friends last night. This was a planned A day for me and I stayed in the plan! I made Christmas candy yesterday (fudge and rocky road). I also made plans to give most of it away. In addition to being more AF, I'm working on reducing added sugar.

Goal: 15 AF days, no more than 2 drinks, only drink at events (and there are lots of events)
    AF: 12/2-3
    A: 12/1
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 hoping your pain has subsided. Thinking of you.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - So cool that you do cross-country skiing; something I've always thought I'd like to try.