Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people to this thread! Thank you for sharing your stories, they are so helpful in more ways than you know.

@joans1976 thinking of you today. What procedures do they have to do that can’t involve pain meds, all before the big day tomorrow? Ugh. Sounds miserable.

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    This group really helps me hold myself accountable, plus everyone is absolutely great. My primary goal this month is 16-19 AF days targeting no more than 3A days a week and no more than 2 drinks in a day. I post in the mornings about the previous day.

12/4: AF - Had 1 NA IPA with dinner. I'm saving my next A day for Wednesday, which is hubby's birthday.

Rolling Total: 2 AF Days out of 4
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @joans1976 Sending good thoughts your way and hoping all goes well.
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    December to remember without alcohol because it'll be better this way. No adult Christmas parties planned, only stuff for the kids. Most difficult thing this month will be finding a way to "unwind."

We could always start a list of non-drinking things to do.

1) Go to the movies
    2) ....

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So yesterday we made homemade pizza for dinner. Because of the heavy snowfall (I mean the snow was super heavy but only about 3" fell) Have you ever driven in falling snow and it is so heavy that it just packs on the side of your windshield and won't fly off. Then the wipers can not move over the whole window?....
    Anyway it was a great stay in and watch movies and eat pizza, without alcohol. You know I am a craft beer drinker but I was ok with none of that yesterday.

Today I am focusing on meal prep so I don't go off the rails in the evenings.
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @forestdweller1 - I really enjoyed your "unwind" story. Hilarious!