NEAT Improvement Strategies to Improve Weight Loss

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    google bus stop exercises ... and if you don't find yourself in transit or waiting in lines so often, apply them to geting through tv commercials; when you check the washing machine or drier and there is still a bit of time to go; waiting for the microwave to ping or the kettle to boil etc.
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    When I have a stack of papers to scan, I don't just sit and scan. I put a paper on the scanner, hit the "start" button, then walk to the kitchen and back. I do this for each sheet of paper. It's way too easy to sit at the computer for hours on end, so this is a good way for me to get a tiny bit more activity, a few more steps.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I do love my 55 inch smart t.v. I bought for my bedroom. After a week of being mesmerized by its glory. I saw it for what it is.. a giant piece of cheesecake. So, I've given up most of my t.v. watching and limited watching to an hour at nighttime ... So, during the bulk of my day; the only choice is to do other things and move.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Bump
  • refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    Thanks for this thread.

If I find I can't move around much (e.g stuck in a never-ending meeting), I engage my core and pelvic floor muscles. I also try to work on my posture when I am sitting for long periods of time.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,466 Member
    refactored wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread.

If I find I can't move around much (e.g stuck in a never-ending meeting), I engage my core and pelvic floor muscles. I also try to work on my posture when I am sitting for long periods of time.

I do leg lifts under the table. As long as it's big enough that I'm not kicking the person across from me. :D
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    On zoom calls where I can get away with it, I shut off my camera, stand up, and do Tai chi. Oh, and now I have PT exercises for my wrist that I am doing during meetings as well.
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    While I'm waiting for something to heat in the microwave, I walk from the kitchen to my bedroom and back. Doing this twice gives me nearly 100 steps.

There are days during the winter when I'll just walk back and forth and around in my house, and end up with 5K steps. Every little bit helps.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    I'm deliberately inefficient at the grocery. I walk as many aisles as possible to get the things on my list. I also try to use hand baskets instead of carts. If I have time, I'll even check out twice and walk to the var twice: once with nonperishables, once with perishables. This may not be practical for busy people, but I'm retired. I find that making a game out of the grocery run also helps me make better purchases because my focus is more on fitness than eating.
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    I mean probably the most expensive way of doing by buy/adopt a dog. I do over 16k steps a day, everyday.

I mean he cost me a fortune in food and vets so is it really worth the 300kcal burn