Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Congrats on the 16!!! That's my goal too. Unless I fall off the deep end, I will make it this month. p.s. Do post those dance cardio videos. I'm interested!

@sunnydays930 Congrats on the 28 days! I agree with Amanda. You are making huge steps!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

So you like swimming. That is great and likely more gentle on your body than other things.
    When you say that it is 12 degrees I guess that is Celsius. You are in Southern Ontario? Hopefully you can find a nice indoor pool somewhere to get the blood moving and accelerate the healing from your surgery. (Not to mention endorphins and all of that great stuff)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My primary motivation for drinking less is weight loss.
    I throw up if I have more than 3 drinks, so moderation on drink days is rarely an issue for me lol.
    My recurring goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I squeaked to 16 last month.

I like to do this diary style to keep track.

Tuesday December 27 - AF - 4 inches of water on top of ice when I left for work. I had a wonderful pedicure after work, but of course when I came home with flip flops on so as not to wreck my toes I had to walk through freezing cold water to get into my house. I definitely felt like having drinks, and I usually do on pedicure days (every 5-6 weeks). I have split shifts Wednesday and Thursday, plus skating at the arena during my 2 hour afternoon break and a job for Foster Grant on Thursday during my split break, so that was the motivation that I used to stay AF. Hit my 16 : - )
    Wednesday December 28 - AF - Late busy night at work, $$ in my pocket which makes up for it : - ) Planning to stay AF until Friday, planning Prosecco for NYE Saturday. Weight always always comes down when I am AF

Rolling total - 17AF day out of 28 days
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Thanks for the dance cardio suggestions! I watched Phone and loved it (one of my favorite, funny Lizzo songs). I can't wait to try them out.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 welcome back to AZ!...I did the Pass Mountain trail a week or two ago and was thinking of you.

Enjoy your trip to New Mexico as well...is that where your cute grandkids are?

Do post pix if you are inclined.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Lovely picture! You are blessed with a beautiful family, especially all the little ones :) Enjoy!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @joans1976 I have found that letting them think it is their idea to want to drink less is the key. Pushing or even nudging seemed to always work in reverse for me helping those in denial. 🤞🤞🤞

That is sage advice for any situation!!!!