4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• Shellitz
    Options
    DEVASTATED :( I have started doing the C25K and had just finished week one. Was sitting on my bed and knelt up to reach for something, knelt back down and my hip made the loudest popping sound I have ever heard! Now all of my joints make noise, I am a bit bendy and used to my hips, knees, elbows and shoulders making cracking noises with no other pain or discomfort. But this time I am hobbling around like an old lady :( It hurts to get out of my chair let alone attempt exercise!

Going to the osteo tonight, hopefully she tells me it'll be ok soon but far out, every time I get to a good place in my plan something liek this happens.

MASSIVE SAD FACE! Sorry for the whinge....
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The worst is finding pants when you are short AND heavy...Looking forward to having more choices once I lose the weight :)
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    DEVASTATED :( I have started doing the C25K and had just finished week one. Was sitting on my bed and knelt up to reach for something, knelt back down and my hip made the loudest popping sound I have ever heard! Now all of my joints make noise, I am a bit bendy and used to my hips, knees, elbows and shoulders making cracking noises with no other pain or discomfort. But this time I am hobbling around like an old lady :( It hurts to get out of my chair let alone attempt exercise!

Going to the osteo tonight, hopefully she tells me it'll be ok soon but far out, every time I get to a good place in my plan something liek this happens.

MASSIVE SAD FACE! Sorry for the whinge....

Sorry to hear about that, it doesnt sound very good. Make sure and get checked out and let us know how it goes. Try not to let it get you down too much. Some times things happen.. Life. You'll pull through and we'll be here waiting =)
  • MissD89
    Options
    Welcome to all the newest Vertical Challengers! Glad to have you here with us =) Feel free to give me an add
  • Shellitz
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that, it doesnt sound very good. Make sure and get checked out and let us know how it goes. Try not to let it get you down too much. Some times things happen.. Life. You'll pull through and we'll be here waiting =)

Thanks MissD, hopefully it's good news tonight. Nothing some antiinflammatories can't fix. All of my fingers and toes crossed!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When does this 3lb challenge end? I'm hoping i have time to lose some before its over :D

I'm already VERY happy with how my 30 Day Shred is going. I started on MFP and the 30DS on the 15th. So far, down 2.8lbs.

But beyond that, I feel awesome! And today I could do 11 pushups on the Shred. When I started it nine days ago, I could only do TWO!

I love our shorty thread :)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone! We have a whopping 101 ladies within this group!!! Here is what I propose to make this group easier to communicate with members. What we can do if we haven’t already is friend people within the group. In addition, we can decide whether we would like this to be an open group or closed group. After that we can restart a thread considered a common room. We can pose questions to get to know each other, discuss food and exercise tips, talk about successes or failures, a space to vent, discuss challenges, where we are in regard to the challenge, or talk about anything on our mind. In order to do that, I thought it was be easier to friend each other since we can post on our message feed to check the common room. I know 101 people is a lot and I’m not sure how many people are on everyone’s friends list to begin with; however if you are uncomfortable with the idea you can just check the message board when available. Furthermore, we can decide who would like to be leaders of the group as 1 person to 101 (or more) may be a lot to tackle and we also have our other duties to attend to which can make it easier to have more than 1 leader. I’ve listed all the people that have come to the thread within this roster. I don’t believe I added anyone twice or forgot anyone. However, if I have, please correct me along with any profile names that are misspelled. I apologize in advance. I’m not sure who is participating in the challenge or would only like a place for support (it seemed as some are within their goal weight or just wanted to check in). We can figure that in another roster that can be put together to clearly identify everyone. If you’d like to friend people and spread the word that would be great! The first challenge proposed was a weight loss of 3 pounds within a month that ends on October 14, 2011. I don’t know if I’ve left anything out, it is a lot to take in. Let us know any ideas you may have please! :heart:

Preciousuv nikkizmom1962 mom2caelebncas jenomaha
    Fraanncciiss bc1003 paticksmama07 AlmostMrsP
    NTK85 LaSweetMini ttv2004 Ivanna80
    Katepolden nichole1027 Marylynn83 elisabat
    Laroja1110 jessicaadair gotrott3 picinina
    Chelseal618 smurfette75 Peruminicana86 TinyTina2012
    Tiffany517 hsquared87 stephr2014 zookeeperjess
    LaMujerMasBonit MissD89 tangledknot starrstarr007
    gnastro Jackievsg bobbijo47 chefswife67
    Rosalee87 lovetobe120 Fernella13 bmayes
    MommaToSam spearssusan Heidiwarwick cjfitness
    Sryan8408 midnight8 JerseyGirl5970 daybyday
    MrsBlobs Brown0608 Stormyyy jenomah
    GoyaChula TooFatToFit SugarDiva ruthiebear123
    MelMoly dianermi littlelol jcannon15
    LuckieSC gsenriquez ChitownFoodie Saffyra
    Alain0207 wozzy38 onesillygirl wages
    Liveletl0ve Shellitz gsenriquez dianermi
    Rockstarginaa SugarDiva quixoticmantis kit_kitaru
    Zarozinia Shadowfx Silvercivic shopnisluv
    Shan889 rjb0802 nitalynne58 evelynr14
    Angdrusso sxyasnmom Blackthorne99 tartz66
    Missmiller1 Sophie050808 autbot74 Tonyajangel
    Frogtf surfingsoxx crystalandhoho BackToPreBaby
    Krogerswyo Justice2012 Kelseylou hottiewannabe
    laloquita21

*Edit... everyones name ended up squeezing together. If anyone knows of a place to add the names and present a link, that would be great!! Thanks everyone!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody I'm 4'11" too and now I'm finding it super hard to lose this weight I was never this fat but started to go out with my now and in the first year I gain 20lb I end up weighing 165lb I when down to 148lb but over the summer got lazy again and gain 7 back but started running again can someone be my friend so we can motivate each other
    My goal is to be 120lb by June I have a wedding to go to
    Feel free to request out here in jersey
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Woo! I did it - I got the - cool banner - I did it...(victory dance)

I am not the most techy of people so I also thank toofat for posting step by step instructions. It's a very nice banner, thank you creator of banner, too.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Hope everyone is doing well.
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Morning!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wow, laloquita! Thank you for all that work...must have taken quite a bit of time. I really have no idea how to organize and lead these group things. I'm barely sure how to even be a member of one, so that's what I'm going to leave it at for now, though. I'm sure those natural born leader types (of which I think you probably are) will rise to the top and help organize the rest of us. :)
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am also between the 4.11 and 5 ft mark. 4 years ago I weighed over 185, that's when I stopped looking. In May I weighed 170 and in Nov I found a 12 step group that really helped me. They supplied the food plan, my job was to eat it. I was down to 103 by the day my girls graduated in June and fluctuate between 101 and 103. The group I am in says 100 pounds is the starting weight for people 5 foot but that depends on how you look and feel. My sponsor would like me to be 106, I want to be 103, God apparently wants me to be 101 since that is where I naturally fall to. Eating more, not less like people would think, has really been the key. I am also over 55 now, having had a birthday and am looking for friends that are both short and in my age group. Thanks for reading.
  • LuckieSC
    Options
    I need to learn how to add the banner as well and if anyone wants to add me just let me know.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to add the banner as well and if anyone wants to add me just let me know.

There is a tutorial on the previous page that TooFatToFit provided. :)

oh wait, I made a new page. I think it's page 6 it's on.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    laloquita - I'm in and I'm doing my best for the challenge. Somewhere specific for us to go would be cool and I don't mind pulling my weight either. I'm just not sure what being a 'leader' would entail, but I would be happy to share. When you factor in time differences aswell it makes sense to have a few from either side of the pond.

We just need to make a specific thread right?
    As for being open or closed, I don't know. I'm sure there are still plenty of vertically challenged slimmers out there. Would be a shame not to be open I think, but maybe we should vote? There certainly is a lot of us...
  • nelson6500
    Options
    Don't worry there's a bunch of us on here. I claim 5'0 but I'm really 4'11 3/4inches lol. It sucks because not every diet works for us because of it being based off the average. Not every exercise is as easy for us because we have shorter strides but mtp has worked really well for me. You can do this.

I could have posted this. I always say if I stretch I can reach 5'0. There are so many machines and such that don't fit our bodies. I hate it. I also hate when I shop in the petites and here "fat people are not petite"

I have always battled my weight because a pound gained looks like 2. My size is smaller in pants but I still look huge.
    Hang in there and keep working. Add me.
  • MissD89
    Options
    101?! really?! tha's awesome! why does it not seem like so many to me? lol I will friend everyone on this thread.
    As far as this being an open or closed group, I'm not opposed o having this group stay open , at least for a while longer and see if we can gather some more shories to team vertical challengers. An regarding "leaders",it doesn't matter to me. What would a "leader" do?

p.s. WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEW MEMBERS!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies. So far I've lost 1lb since the challenge started!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone! We have a whopping 101 ladies within this group!!! Here is what I propose to make this group easier to communicate with members. What we can do if we haven’t already is friend people within the group. In addition, we can decide whether we would like this to be an open group or closed group. After that we can restart a thread considered a common room. We can pose questions to get to know each other, discuss food and exercise tips, talk about successes or failures, a space to vent, discuss challenges, where we are in regard to the challenge, or talk about anything on our mind. In order to do that, I thought it was be easier to friend each other since we can post on our message feed to check the common room. I know 101 people is a lot and I’m not sure how many people are on everyone’s friends list to begin with; however if you are uncomfortable with the idea you can just check the message board when available. Furthermore, we can decide who would like to be leaders of the group as 1 person to 101 (or more) may be a lot to tackle and we also have our other duties to attend to which can make it easier to have more than 1 leader. I’ve listed all the people that have come to the thread within this roster. I don’t believe I added anyone twice or forgot anyone. However, if I have, please correct me along with any profile names that are misspelled. I apologize in advance. I’m not sure who is participating in the challenge or would only like a place for support (it seemed as some are within their goal weight or just wanted to check in). We can figure that in another roster that can be put together to clearly identify everyone. If you’d like to friend people and spread the word that would be great! The first challenge proposed was a weight loss of 3 pounds within a month that ends on October 14, 2011. I don’t know if I’ve left anything out, it is a lot to take in. Let us know any ideas you may have please! :heart:

Preciousuv nikkizmom1962 mom2caelebncas jenomaha
    Fraanncciiss bc1003 paticksmama07 AlmostMrsP
    NTK85 LaSweetMini ttv2004 Ivanna80
    Katepolden nichole1027 Marylynn83 elisabat
    Laroja1110 jessicaadair gotrott3 picinina
    Chelseal618 smurfette75 Peruminicana86 TinyTina2012
    Tiffany517 hsquared87 stephr2014 zookeeperjess
    LaMujerMasBonit MissD89 tangledknot starrstarr007
    gnastro Jackievsg bobbijo47 chefswife67
    Rosalee87 lovetobe120 Fernella13 bmayes
    MommaToSam spearssusan Heidiwarwick cjfitness
    Sryan8408 midnight8 JerseyGirl5970 daybyday
    MrsBlobs Brown0608 Stormyyy jenomah
    GoyaChula TooFatToFit SugarDiva ruthiebear123
    MelMoly dianermi littlelol jcannon15
    LuckieSC gsenriquez ChitownFoodie Saffyra
    Alain0207 wozzy38 onesillygirl wages
    Liveletl0ve Shellitz gsenriquez dianermi
    Rockstarginaa SugarDiva quixoticmantis kit_kitaru
    Zarozinia Shadowfx Silvercivic shopnisluv
    Shan889 rjb0802 nitalynne58 evelynr14
    Angdrusso sxyasnmom Blackthorne99 tartz66
    Missmiller1 Sophie050808 autbot74 Tonyajangel
    Frogtf surfingsoxx crystalandhoho BackToPreBaby
    Krogerswyo Justice2012 Kelseylou hottiewannabe
    laloquita21

*Edit... everyones name ended up squeezing together. If anyone knows of a place to add the names and present a link, that would be great!! Thanks everyone!

I would keep it open only because I hate seeing groups I'd like to join, but they are closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!