I'm welcoming myself back to the MFP world!

Options
leonajeant
leonajeant Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I just rejoined the land of trying to get healthy! I gave up on my self a couple of years ago (right around when covid took over the world) and have jumped back on the bandwagon to try to get healthier! I did gain about 25 # over the past few years and have already shed around 7 # - more to come! I've got 27 more #s until my goal weight! I'm looking for other motivational people to become friends with so I don't lose my momentum. I've found that alcohol was my biggest crutch and I'd always end up eating crap I shouldn't and become unmotivated to do anything. I've been alcohol free since September 26th! I think that has helped me keep my eye on the prize!

Replies

• sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't I just know it, Leona! I lost 43 lbs in 2019, kept it off a year (all through COVID!), then slipped on the ice two Januarys ago, slammed my knee, and had to stop working out. But I didn't stop eating as though I still were! I slipped away from whole foods and started using prepared foods, which is always a killer for me. And my alcohol intake very slowly crept higher and higher. As did my weight and the fluff around my middle, until I regained 20 of the pounds I'd lost. 😭

So ... late last month I made my new year's resolutions to go back to whole foods, reduce sugar, salt, flour, and alcohol, and go back to exercising regularly (my knee has been fine for a year, I just got lazy.)

It's only been a few days, but so far I'm keeping up with all those resolutions, although my salt intake is still on the cusp of too much. Down 2 lbs in a week; I'll take it! Now I just have to keep it up for the other 51 weeks. 😆
  • JustBeMe52
    JustBeMe52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel like you are both referencing my life of the past two years.
    Covid and my husbands cancer threw me for a loop and I didn’t deal with it all in the best way.
    Hubby has been cancer free for 6 months now and I have to stop waiting the bad news that it might come back. Time to get on with my life.
    Wine has still certainly featured in this weeks diary but I am working on it and me 😁
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    welcome back to fitness and health, and congrats on being alcohol-free!

i put some of the weight i had lost back during covid, too - i also lost strength pretty much everywhere. eating is my comfort, and i'm working on that plus making sure i have lots of lower calorie snacks. i've been working out for three months, gaining back the strength i lost, and while progress is happening, patience isn't my strong suit smiley: