Best protein meals?

Options
Solz23
Solz23 Posts: 18 Member
Hey everyone :) What are your current best high packed protein meals that actually keep you full.. pls let me know im running out of options 😩

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My new meatloaf recipe is a powerhouse. I use ground up pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs, and I add shredded mozzarella cheese and spinach and 2 eggs to really bulk the protein, flavor, and nutrients. Season to taste! Oh and I always use grass fed and pasture raised. They really are more filling and tastier, and I feel so much better, too.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Start the day with some eggs & maybe bacon / meat. Steel cut oatmeal with sliced almonds & protein powder in the milk
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    Dried beans. So many different kinds, and so many things you can do with them. Plenty of fiber too - another way to fill up and stay full. Toss in some cheese if you want; I usually don't.

For breakfast before I go kayaking, I sometimes cook up some grits and when they are about halfway cooked crack an egg into them and let the egg poach partially and then stir it in. Grits have a little protein (4g), and the egg has another 7g.

Other times for breakfast, I mix lowfat (2%) or whole-milk yogurt with uncooked rolled oats and let them sit for 20 minutes to two hours. Oats have 6g, and Nancy's yogurt has 9g.

Potatoes have protein and fiber. If you cook them and let them cool off in the fridge before eating, they develop resistant starch. Keeps you full.

Plenty of options out there. I suppose a 16 ounce medium rare Ribeye would fill you up too.

• StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If I need something fast to prevent me from over eating I wrap some deli meat around some string cheese and maybe a few almonds.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,899 Member
    Options
    Fish apparently is very high on the satiation scale and I can confirm that, but within the fish choices there is a difference and the one fish that always astonishes me in how well it keeps me full is, salmon. I'm pretty much low to very low carb and It's almost impossible to gain weight eating just animal protein and I've tried during a few bulking phases. Cheers.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    I prefer my chicken stir-fry recipe. Each serving gets 8oz of chicken (72g protein), plus a half cup of rice (4g) and a variety of veggies, usually broccoli, red peppers, sauteed mushrooms, carrots, and sweet peas (combined for another 4-5g). Serve with a tall glass of milk, and I'm pushing 100g protein. Very tasty, stores well in the fridge for microwaving later. Not low-carb, if that's something you need.