Do you screen your friend requests?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I never accept friend requests. I'm shy.
    You send them...and make me feel special
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I don't deny, I just don't accept, like facebook.

Also no no-pics, or anyone too old or too young. People a lot taller then me I don't accept cause I feel intimidated, and really short ones scare me. Girls with dark hair I don't really like, unless its dyed dark then, I'll accept them. Same goes for redheads, but I usually accept blonds, unless its bleached. I don't think I have any room in my friends list for someone with a beard or mustache, men included. If you're a regular girl with glasses, I will accept because you look smart, but if you're a smart girl withOUT glasses, you might not make the cut. Sometimes when there aren't many people to talk to online, I accept just for someone to talk to, then the next day I delete. Usually weekends I accept everyone , because Sunday is a church day, and a day of acceptance and forgiveness. Nobody with the same name as me, or who would look like they'd have the same as me. Nobody within the same province.If you live on a coast near the ocean, that gets me jealous so I don't want friends postin fun, beach pics makin me wish i was them. I don't really like jeans, as i find them too tight in the pockets. That's not really an issue when it comes to me accepting people, but may be relevant when someone is thinking of accepting me.

thats basically it, otherwise I accept everyone.
    Oh, and no psychics.

LMFAO
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I decline those without a message - it's obvious that they didn't read my profile. Also, i'm not a friend *kitten*. I don't amass friends just to have a huge group. I never thought about getting "references" for lack of a better term, from my friends. My friends are crazy, pervy, slutty and maybe just slightly insane. I like them that way.

If you want to friend me, send me a request - with a message.

Cheers!
    :flowerforyou:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i've found that i do now. i'll go through their friends list to see if we have anyone in common. unless i've seen them around the threads and it's more of a "why are we not friends yet??" situation. even at that i have a strange wall.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't accept requests any longer. I search them out and take them if I want them, lol. ;)

There have only been two people I've made exceptions for.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    I accept anyone willing to accept me, I have yet to have a problem with anyone
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you say to a stranger that you "friend" in a message?

This message thing is a fairly new phenomenon here for I guess the sudden influx of trolls has gotten more people into it.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    I don't deny, I just don't accept, like facebook.

Also no no-pics, or anyone too old or too young. People a lot taller then me I don't accept cause I feel intimidated, and really short ones scare me. Girls with dark hair I don't really like, unless its dyed dark then, I'll accept them. Same goes for redheads, but I usually accept blonds, unless its bleached. I don't think I have any room in my friends list for someone with a beard or mustache, men included. If you're a regular girl with glasses, I will accept because you look smart, but if you're a smart girl withOUT glasses, you might not make the cut. Sometimes when there aren't many people to talk to online, I accept just for someone to talk to, then the next day I delete. Usually weekends I accept everyone , because Sunday is a church day, and a day of acceptance and forgiveness. Nobody with the same name as me, or who would look like they'd have the same as me. Nobody within the same province.If you live on a coast near the ocean, that gets me jealous so I don't want friends postin fun, beach pics makin me wish i was them. I don't really like jeans, as i find them too tight in the pockets. That's not really an issue when it comes to me accepting people, but may be relevant when someone is thinking of accepting me.

thats basically it, otherwise I accept everyone.
    Oh, and no psychics.

LMFAO

I Love this!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I would hope that anyone wanting to be my friend would have a reason to do so; perhaps they liked something I had posted, or lived nearby or was in a similar state of health. They would certainly check out my profile and therefore see that I only accept requests from people who leave a message and preferably have something to say on their profile.

So, no, I don't accept empty requests :-)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't need much attention from my friends so as long as they understand that I suck at being supportive of them, then we're good. I delete regularly people who stop logging in or who just never interact whatsoever....in other words, I never get a sense of who they are.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    If there is no pic and no info, than no I don't. My husband's first ex wife keeps stalking me and his last ex throughout the internet trying to get back with him and find out where he lives. I like to see a picture of who is trying to be my friend, just to be on the safe side.

As far as messages go, I prefer a message, but if I post in a thread and someone responds to me, and than friends me, I'll accept the request.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have always accepted all friend requests. I love it when they put a message in the request, those are my favorite new friends :heart: but I accept all. And I also don't go around deleting friends. What's the point?

I have LOTS of friends now because of this, but only about 20 or so who I actually interact with daily. And that's okay with me.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I screen to a point, knowing that if I accept a friend request that turns out to be someone completely different than I thought they were, I can delete them from my list. I also don't seek or accept friend requests from men because I'm married and that's a personal boundary I have for myself.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    YES
    I don't want to be collected by some random dude with only hot females as friends.

****NOT saying I'm hot, and NOT saying I'm all that.

But for goodness sake, a message with the request please.
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never realized the MFP friends list was so intense, haha. I accept whoever because you never know why they requested. Maybe they are inspired by you. You can always delete them later, no big deal.

I think it's funny how crazy people act over these lists.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't. I figure if they are crazy enough to request me as a friend, they are as crazy as I am.

Binary...you were my FIRST friend!!!
    I am not sure if that is something to be proud of.

Actually I have made one requirement...all new friends have to post something pervy or offensive on my wall, just so we are on an even playing field.

Also...boomboom011...I sent a request in hope of being deleted in record time.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I screen
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I've had job interviews less stressful than the damn friend requests on here.

I don't request very often because I get my feelings hurt if I'm rejected. Even cyber rejection is painful :sad:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I screen, if their profile is private, I'll accept, but if I don't like what they are posting, they get axed pretty quickly.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i dont care i am here to support others and have them support me so i accept anyone BUT if i dont see them bothering with me and stuff i might delete them if i need space otherwise not too worried lol