Sixers Spring Clean Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    A Bosu is kind of like half a ball. And you do alot of exercises on them. It stands for Both sides utilized or something like that. It is a neat little thing and I would much rather do crunches on them anyday. They cost about $100 so I dont have one but I would love to have one at the house.

Connie
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    someone had just put on in her cart at goodwill one day last week. i stood by to see if she was going to keep it or not. she was discussing it with her daughter. it need to be blown up. it was marked $3.99. so it sure would have been a great deal. she kept it. oh well.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Rhiannon - Thanks for calling me out lady!!!!! :wink: :bigsmile:

Got up early today (egads!) and did 30 day Shred Level 1 for the first time in a LOOOONG time. Needless to say, I am sooo sore! but its a good sore!

Tudor - good luck on the test, you will be great!!!

Lauryn - you are such a beautiful person inside and out, so proud of you!!!!

Kristin - I think I can feel your excitement through your posts! It's awesome.

Everyone else, hello!!

Boy update - well, not much there, just trying to hang in there but not get my hopes up. we'll see how it goes!

Cleaning the apartment right now (in case SOMEONE should happen to come over tonight or tomorrow....teeheeeeheheeee!!!) need to do laundry as well.

Might be going out to dinner but will probably be sushi or thai so hopefully some good choices made. I haven't eaten a lot today so that works out okay.

Check in again later, love you all.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    p.s. Katy and Deb, if you're reading, miss you ladies!! hope classes are going well!! :heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! I have a 4 day weekend. So I'm sure I will be posting a little more.

Lauryn- I love your letter. Its impressive and you are strong in your ability to move past the situation. Congrats! P.S. you look wonderful.

Rhiannon- Glad you are doing well. You seem so less bogged down.... How is Leith handling his new teeth? (As well as you?)

Connie- I have been wanting to try a bosu for months. Sounds like fun. Your gym sounds really interactive. I can't wait to find a wonderful one here near me!

Amylou- Glad you are doing well! Good luck w/ the boy and classes.

Katie- How are you??? I can't seem to find you!!!! I keep looking! Hope you are well!

Tiff- I hope you will be returning safely and well rested from the cruise. Can't wait to hear all lllll about it.

Shanell- Seems like you are staying in the swing of things. Aren't you glad you have your Mom for support.

Cathy- Thanks for the motivation!!!

Robin- How is it going?

Tudor- Good luck on the test!! I was nervous for mine too. But take deep breaths and you will do well. Best Wishes

Amy- hope you are doing well. How are you feeling?

Kristin- Your happiness is glowing all over your posts. Are you going to make a scrapbook of your pregnancy. I bet that would be a load of fun!!!

Well ladies... I'm looking to keep up my motivation!!! gotta stay focused. I want to lose at least another 60 lbs over the next 6 months. Seems like an obtainable goal. I know its just a number but I can't wait to get there.

:flowerforyou:
    Have a great evening!!

Tamm
  • connieq288
    Options
    Its actually not a typical gym. It is our recreation center. I live in a small town so we really dont have a gym but I think its pretty awesome. Lots of different classes to do. This Saturday morning they are having a 2 hour bootcamp type of class and I was bummed that I couldnt go to it because no childcare. My hubby said told his mom that he took Saturday off. I started jumping up and down and saying yea. I get to do bootcamp class LOL. Never in a million years did I think I would ever act like that LOL.

COnnie
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 206.2 PROGRESS -4
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 154.2 lbs. PROGRESS 1.2 lbs.
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 162 lbs Progress +2.5 lbs
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 150.4 LBS PROGRESS +2.0 LBS
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 178.4lbs Progress +0.8 lbs
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress -4.0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 188 lbs Progress -3.5 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 157 lbs Progress -2.0 lbs
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 200 lbs Progress -11 lbs
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 212.0lbs Progress -6.0 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 210.5 lbs Progress 0 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 171 Progress -1 lbs

Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 188.8 lbs Progress -5.6 lbs
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs
    Moonlight
    SW 212 lbs/GW 204/CW 212 lbs Progress 0.0

Hi ladies! It is so good to be back. I think we are finally getting better here. Jaden was feeling ill again yesterday so broke down and took him to the doctor. He has strep. We spent two hours at the doctor's office. UGH! Had a snafu with the insurance, transmission is going out in the car. It was an awful day. So I when I talked to my hubby, I simply lost it. I was sobbing uncontrollably. He is so wonderful, however, he drove the nearly two hours just to sit on the couch with me. He is wonderful. He went back to his school this morning and took his very final test for this class. He starts his new class on Saturday and will finally be home for good on Wednesday of next week. YAY! So finally went back to work today. It has been crazy around here. Can't wait until hubby is home and I can get back to a normal gym routine. On a positive note, I lost some weight while sick, YAY!

I apologize that I cannot fully catch up on personals at the moment. I have read all posts though.

Shanell-hope your tooth pain gets better

Tamm-thanks for looking out for me. I am doing much better, THANKS! and 6 lbs, FABULOUS!

Pedal-love the new hair.

Krisitn-I am so happy for you that things are so great! And yes, when that baby gets hiccups, it is the coolest thing ever.

AmyLou-how is your gramps?

Tudor-you are a rockstar! Well done, 11lbs!

Cathy-80 pounds lost, WOW! It must feel great! Well Done!

Lauryn-I LOVED YOUR POST! Thanks so much for sharing those pics for sure! What an inspiration!

Everyone else, hugs to you all!

Will share a new haiku later!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    uh oh,... good morning, less-than-perfect late afternoon & evening, but I'll be okay :tongue: It's a process, it's a process... :happy:

Got to go get some cleaning done but had to "confess"!!

Katie, glad to see you!! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    mornin'

pedal...i too had a less than perfect evening....off to the gym in just a bit.
    katie....glad you are feeling better. yes, things can just pile up and break you down. i was a navy wife for 20 yrs. and seems everything broke down when he was gone for 6 months at a time. the kids and him always say I did a good job raising them.
    tamm....love seeing you so often. get some extra sleep this weekend.
    tiff....hope you had a great cruise. don't worry what the scale might say..
    rose....great job, good luck on the test. i didn't drive until after we were married.
    kistin...a moving belly is something else. while pregnant with shanell i was standing and she moved from one side to the other like a wave. belly moved too. this guy saw and asked what just happened. i told him he said he didn't think he had drank that much at the club. :laugh: enjoy the flutters/movements the greatest thing in the world.
    connie...i was thinking of doing the senior classes. but, still scared. i guess because of the weight. i can put that on my money jar.
    lauryn....great letter. i need to do that with a few things going on in my life right now.
    cass...where are you???
    pdx....hows it going. feeling ok???
    red sox....missing in action.
    amylou...ask him if maybe he doesn't want to go with you to the gym. take him as a guest. or for a walk on a nature trail.
    all the ones i am missing.....WHERE ARE YOU????? no one falls, it's just a bump in the road and maybe a stumble, dust yourself off and keep on truckn'

going get my test results today. payday, so need to pay bills. laundry. DH leaves again for regionals for work next weekend. they go to a mountain resort outside of geaorgia. must be nice. yes, wifes can go to, but, we have to pay for our own way, and with a move in at years end. no money. that's ok, i need my ME times alone anyway. need to get one more cup of coffee, potty, off to gym.

later :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! Happy FRIDAY!!! Thanks to everyone for the comments! And yes...I'm hoping to keep a collection of my whole pregnancy...but I haven't kept a journal.:blushing: I was going to, but never started one. Just has never been my thing. I may start just writing something quick for each new month...just a little blurb. We shall see...

ANYways...gotta get started on some work. Have a fabulous morning everyone!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! Happy FRIDAY!!! Thanks to everyone for the comments! And yes...I'm hoping to keep a collection of my whole pregnancy...but I haven't kept a journal.:blushing: I was going to, but never started one. Just has never been my thing. I may start just writing something quick for each new month...just a little blurb. We shall see...

ANYways...gotta get started on some work. Have a fabulous morning everyone!!

Take notes somewhere you won't lose them.
    For example----> March 15, 2009: Felt baby kick for first time, I think.
    It doesn't have to be any more than that, but the more you can write, the more you will have to remember back to years later when you read it. In my kiddo's "baby journal", I simply wrote things like that when I didn't have time to really spill about it, and when I could, I wrote pages and pages. I haven't written in well over a year in her journal, and I need to. I try to update with pictures too. Sheesh, baby talking gets me animated.

BTW, for the FIRST TIME EVER, when I see a newborn on tv (or in real life, I suppose), I start WANTING A BABY. I have NEVER felt this way before, and I am in no position to have a baby and will NOT be having a baby, but it's weird to finally understand how others have this desire for a baby. Weird.

I had a bad night last night... I went over my calories by 112 (not too bad) but decided I was over, so why not eat another 150 calories in cheesie crackers. Boo on me. :embarassed: So in the end, I was over by 350-ish calories, which is not the end of the world, but I am a little disappointed because I didn't control myself.

Anyone else keeping up their REWARD JARS? I have over $8 in mine already. :bigsmile:

I'm so glad it's Friday. I am sore all over from my Body Sculpt class yesterday and am ready for a weekend. I need SLEEP!! (My daughter has night terrors which is like nightmares and sleepwalking combined, sorta, and she has had me up multiple times a night all week.)

xo:heart:
    Lauryn
  • connieq288
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Chipper I say go for the senoir classes. Right after my class is the senior class and the people have so much fun in there. I wouldnt let the weight discourage you. I started at 297 lbs and am now below 260 and I am by far the biggest person in there but I love it and encourage you to go. At least give it a try and if you dont like nothing lost.

Speaking of step class this morning. The first part was so confusing. I was a little disappointed in myself because I couldnt get the steps but the second half she switched to stuff I could do so I worked my butt of then to make sure I got my calorie burn. So 529 calories burned so far today.

I am taking the kids to the movies tonight so I bought candy ahead of time from Walmart. I did not buy me any so the only thing I have to get is drinks for the kids and I will get a bottled water. No soda for me.

Connie
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Lauryn! I think I will buy a little notebook tonight (I have to go to Office Depot anyway) and start keeping some notes!

Connie...nice planning before the movie! I have done this in the past and it really works! I usually take a chocolate chip granola bar and 100 cal. pack of almonds or craisens! Then I have something to munch on also!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Chipper I say go for the senoir classes. Right after my class is the senior class and the people have so much fun in there. I wouldnt let the weight discourage you. I started at 297 lbs and am now below 260 and I am by far the biggest person in there but I love it and encourage you to go. At least give it a try and if you dont like nothing lost.

Speaking of step class this morning. The first part was so confusing. I was a little disappointed in myself because I couldnt get the steps but the second half she switched to stuff I could do so I worked my butt of then to make sure I got my calorie burn. So 529 calories burned so far today.

I am taking the kids to the movies tonight so I bought candy ahead of time from Walmart. I did not buy me any so the only thing I have to get is drinks for the kids and I will get a bottled water. No soda for me.

Connie

Connie, the way you're going, you're going to pass me by on introplay! I've not been in the last couple of days, because i'm battling another cold/sinus thing. I debated with myself for 20 minutes today if I was going or not. The debate wouldn't even have been that long, if I hadn't known DH is taking me out for a date night tonight. Eventually, I decided home and a good all day sleep sounded better!

I did step on the scale, and was down a half pound from Tuesday, so all is good there. Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend. I'm spending all day tomorrow at another swim meet, but it's the last one finally! Then Sunday afternoon is going to be spent sledding and skiing at the ski hill. And Sunday night is the awards banquet for the high school team...
  • chipper15173
    Options
    back from the gym....burned 1040. i am working to burn 1000 3xs a week. than on other days burn 500. so there is my 3500 for a pound a week. just want to see what happens. i have so many little things like this going on. don't know what is/will work or what isn't/won't work. :laugh: . i really need to pull it all together and work out a plan. that's what i will do while DH is gone. i will be by myself and can think. than i will be ready to put my plan into action for next challenge. which is soon. what shall we name that one? be coming into summer months.
    well, off to shower and warm up. suddenly cold.

later :heart:
  • connieq288
    Options
    I just added level 1 30 day shred to my workout today so another 267 calories burned today for a total of 796 calories. And it is only noon here.

Connie
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! I worked out to a video done by Bridgette, one of the Playboy girls. We did just 20 minutes and I was sweating a little and noticed she had a little sweat on her too. But it was a good work out, wish I looked like she does.:laugh:

Well, I'm still not on a good eating plan, but still keeping up the exercise except the one day. I bought some weights, so I'll have hubby show me some good workouts with them since he used to take weight training in school. Didn't gain or lose this week, but maintained. I guess that's alright.

Mom, I was just telling Donny about our new challenge coming and thinking of a summer name. I can't think of any right now, but will think this weekend.

Katie, hope you and the kiddos feel better soon. My daughter just had strep not to long ago. Her classmate has had it twice now. So lots of things going around now.

Connie it's great seeing you enjoying your classes. Sometimes I wish I could take some, but money got real tight so I'll stick with my home workouts and go with mom every once in a while.

Well, gotta get back to work. Ya'll have a great day and beware, Moms in a great mood!:laugh: :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Connie, you're on a roll! Good on ya!

Cathy, sounds like a great plan :smile: And, it's fun to hear you talk about being pregnant with Shanell :happy:

Kristin, I keep a running email going where I'll add funny little quotes or moments so that I can write them down properly when I get a chance. Things you're SURE you would never forget can just vanish so quickly :frown: I, too, loved the moments when they were bigger and one roll or movement would send my whole torso in a wave :laugh:

Lauryn, g'day! Glad you're still paying yourself :happy:

Robin, good for you seeing more weight go!

I was down to 174.2 yesterday but am back up 2lbs this morning (salt, rather than number of calories, would be the bigger culprit there) but I'm not feeling residually guilty for not sticking to my plan last night so I'm not worried about any further damage today. I'm just glad that my body has been showing some progress again!
    We have a really fun weekend planned. Today we're going up to the Uni for the Fridaymusic. It will be chamber ensembles today so that should be great! Then I'm going for a run then we're going swimming as a family. Tomorrow morning the kiddos have dance class again (they've had 2 weekends without as the teacher was away) and we're visiting friends. Sunday I'm taking them to their first theater movie experiece (3 Wallace & Grommit shorts) and my mother is coming for a visit arriving Sunday evening! My goal for the upcoming week will be to keep on point and not slack off because my Mum is here. She's really healthy and eats well but she's a snacker. It works for her but it always offers more temptation than I seem to be able to handle and I'll have a little too. NOT THIS TIME!

Have a great day ladies!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hi Beautiful Girls!!

Too many personals have gone on....its been an insane week at work and home....so I didn't weigh in until today.....I lost 1 pound, which is stinky...but I didn't have the best food this week. Workouts have been good. I have been lax on my money jar...so today it payday and I committed to earn my money this week!!! Hugs girls...sorry I haven't been around!!

:heart:

Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 206.2 PROGRESS -4
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 154.2 lbs. PROGRESS 1.2 lbs.
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 162 lbs Progress +2.5 lbs
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 150.4 LBS PROGRESS +2.0 LBS
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 178.4lbs Progress +0.8 lbs
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress -4.0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 188 lbs Progress -3.5 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 157 lbs Progress -2.0 lbs
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 200 lbs Progress -11 lbs
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 212.0lbs Progress -6.0 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 210.5 lbs Progress 0 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 171 Progress -1 lbs
    Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 187.8 lbs Progress -6.6 lbs

Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs
    Moonlight
    SW 212 lbs/GW 204/CW 212 lbs Progress 0.0
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Have a good weekend girls! I'm heading home!!!