what diet to choose???!!!!???HELP ME

13»

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Everything everyone else said.

AND if you're looking for a reasonable thing that will tell you what to do for the next twelve weeks to start getting some results, look at Body for Life. Buy the book (way cheap used on Amazon) and/or look at the website.

Lift weights like they say on the days they say. Try the High Intensity Interval Training cardio like they say on the days they say, and eat a lean protein and a lean carb at every meal for 5 to 6 meals a day, with veggies at at least 2 or 3 of those meals. The exercise adjusts itself to your current level of fitness and will continue to adjust as you get stronger and faster. And you get results because you work for them, but you DO get them.

It isn't a diet per se. It is a plan, and you need a plan. You also need some weights.

Don't starve yourself under any circumstances.

Take measurements so that when the scale isn't cooperating, you at least see results there, or in the amount you can lift or the distance you can cardio.
  • Just cut the Carb and eliminate you daries and exercise. thats it
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    There is no diet that will help you. You need to do a lifestyle change that takes hard work, is slow progress, and sustainable as it is something you will be doing for the rest of your life hopefully.

100% correct. Just use MFP's system. It will tell you how many Calories to eat to reach your goal. It works. If you need a name, your diet is "Calorie Counting".

exactly!! I have done MFP for 85 days and lost 30lbs...my hubby has lost 45! You can do this! Just be honest!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Dieting has gotten me no where. If you're anything like me, the restriction will make you crazy and you won't last long. Then you go back to your old ways and any progress you did make is undone. Plus, what are you going to do when you're 'done' dieting?

If you don't learn how to be a healthy person, you most likely will not be able to keep the weight off.

After 20 years of failed diets I've finally gotten this through my head, and I couldn't be more grateful. FINALLY, I have found what works. Finally, I can be a part of the 5% of people who don't gain the weight back.

Long story, short? I have been able to separate weight from health. My behavior now reflects what I think will make/keep me healthy, not what will help me lose weight necessarily (but of course the weight loss is a result).

Granted this is not the fastest way to lose weight, I've (I know I shouldn't say only) only lost one pound a week on average over the course of the 19 months I've been at this, and working so so hard, but I know those 70+ lbs are gone for good!

Good luck!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    I do the vodka diet. 12 vodkas a day, booze fueled sleep, 12 vodkas a day (only 720 cals), booze fueled sleep... occasional walk to the off-license. Perfect.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    OP, the main thing to note is, like others have said, its not a "diet". Its not a short term fix. It's a long term, life long change. Therefore, make sure you feel happy doing it.

There's a big difference between wanting great health, and just wanting to lose weight. Im, i suspect, like you, in the latter.

Sure, eating only clean foods, having nothing with anything bad in it will make you healthier. However, would you be happy eating like that forever? I sure as hell wouldn't! You'll be naturally healthier just by eating the same things you do now, but in moderation, keeping track of your calories.

Therefore, its not imperative we cut all the nice things we like, and just live on veg/whole grains/things that taste like cardboard! Just make sure you start tracking your calories on this site, as honestly as you can, and you get a bit more active.

That's it.

That's the big secret to losing weight. You dont have to eat rabbit food. I dont, and i never have. I still have my chocolate, soda, the odd takeaway, etc. The key is now you need to it in moderation.
  • What has worked for me is making more healthy choices. Still enjoying a treat now and then, exercise. The only item I would add to this discussion, it that working on some of the issues why I ate to much has greatly improved my permenent success. I lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for a year. Now I am working on making some more progress. For me, the magic has been doing all the "healthy" things with a group and friend who support me. I have found that support and tools to work on the underlying issues in a group called First Place 4 Health. They meet all over the country and you can search for one near you on their web site. Slow and steady changes the lifestyle and the scale!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

2 teaspoons of oil per day (preferable canola, flax or olive)

I am good with all the suggestions but this. I'm not wasting 200 of my calories on pure fat. I know it's the "good" fat, but still.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 526 Member
    Try the Eat-less-(AND EAT HEALTHIER)-and-exercise-more diet. It is 99.9% effective. Lol! in all seriousness... anyone I have ever hear of/seen/know/read about who has successfully lost weight (and then kept it off) did so by eating healthier, watching portion sizes and moving more. It doesn't matter if you go low car-high carb-high protein-low fat-high fat-no eggs-no butter-no bread-no meat-no dairy-juice fast-then eat normal-balance protein carbs fat fiber-ratio... whatever you choose - it has to be healthy, portion controlled (with the occasional treat, of course) and it has to be something YOU can live with.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    This is why the site is so awesome, lots of very informed people giving generous advice.

I would like to say that goals are very important, but actual weight based goals are very difficult because even though we have an energy-in energy-out calculation, you really don't have any power as to how quickly the weight comes off. If for instance you say you want to lose 10 lbs in a month and you don't, you may feel discouraged.

I say activity based goals are best, i.e. I plan to exercise on these days, and eat this many calories. Or to start with, I am cutting out all added sugar to my diet. These goals are achievable and measurable. By working on what you have a solid control over, you will be able to reward yourself and measure your success away from the scale.

I am currently making my weight-loss a 'project' in my life, I have a journal (in addition to the resources here), where I track my goals and see my progress (with the help of my personal trainer). It is worth the time to do it right and learn what you need about yourself to succeed long term.

You only fail if you give up.

G
This discussion has been closed.