New to the app, feeling pretty low.

Options
Hey y’all I’m Matt. I decided it’s time for me to really take my health seriously after my wife and I bought a treadmill and I’m too heavy to use it. I realized this is the breaking point for me mentally and I need to change. Hoping this app will help because I’m feeling pretty low right now. Would love to meet some people to be accountable with to keep me on track.

Replies

• Skacy
    Skacy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt! I downloaded the app just moments ago and am really eager to get started. Tomorrow will be my “Day One”. I am always up for friends! We got this!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Welcome to the community. You'll find some good tools here. The first place to start is to set some reasonable goals. Also realize this is a long-term journey. There isn't a quick fix. Get a food scale and start tracking everything you eat. Even if you don't make any changes at first, just getting a handle on what your diet is now will help you make those changes. Use the goal set-up to find where a good target is to aim for, then try to hit it. Don't try to eat much less than your target.

You should think about building habits rather than just working on a goal, although you do need goals. Make those habits become natural so you will keep them up from now on.

When you have a bad day, don't give up. Just start back working towards your goals immediately. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Right now. Then just stick to it. That's the real way to success, and you can do it.
  • HumanoidTowers
    HumanoidTowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt! Long time MYP app owner/sometime user/first time community poster. In my experience, the most beautiful growth comes from breaking points and every moment is a chance to start over. You're here, you're already taking action - start from where you are. You got this!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    If you get frustrated by the up and down of the scale, I have created a spreadsheet that will smooth out the fluctuations and show you the trend over time. Let me know if you want a link to it.