HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!

Options
staceyrrad
staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
So I work as an assistant manager at a local restaurant/coffee place. And more often than not, I have very hectic and crazy days at work. Like yesterday, I didn't get to sit down for lunch until 2:30pm. (I start at 7am) So I grab my lunch out of the fridge, get comfy and open my lunch bag.

Only to find that my home made chicken wrap was gone!!

My measured, weighed and self-prepared chicken wrap!!!

I'm the semi-boss, so I spent an extra hour after my shift, trying to catch the culprit on the security cameras. Nothing yet. Everyone knows how much effort I put into my lunches. How dare they?

Anyone else had this happen to them?!

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That's pretty ridiculous, but I'll be the first to say, it's kinda funny.

I'm impressed you go to so much trouble to make/portion and log everything.

Keep us updated about the ongoing investigation, plz.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It happens regularly at any office space I've worked with shared facilities. I gave up on bringing anything that required refrigeration and enjoy my jerky that is with me at the desk so doesn't grow legs.
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It happened accidentally to me once. My manager ate my lunch thinking it was what his wife had packed him. He bought me lunch when he realized. However, the number one stolen item in any business is co-workers' food. I thought it was time theft, but I was wrong...lunch!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It used to happen at my office all the time but the known culprit was reassigned!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wasting an hour of my time trying to figure out who ate my food. It's not like your firstborn was kidnapped.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    That's straight up rude...

Hope you don't have it happen again and that the person at fault is found.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Such BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL****!
    We used to have that problem here. Thankfully, everyone that did it is gone.
  • zigzag13
    zigzag13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    look for the person who's losing weight lol ;), but seriously, that's just rude, selfish, and lazy!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I've never had a lunch stolen! Even when I worked in a really big retail store. Now I work in a tiny office and I am the only person who packs a lunch anyway, so no one else uses the fridge, except for beer of course!

Maybe it's because us Canadians are so awesome and polite.

HAR! :laugh:
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So THAT'S where Scott was hired.....lol
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wasting an hour of my time trying to figure out who ate my food. It's not like your firstborn was kidnapped.

That's you. She tried to figure out who did it most likely because no one admitted they did. My question to you is why did you feel the need to read her thread and not just go on to the next but instead choose to leave a snarky comment?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    There is a lunch thief in every workplace. May I suggest a nice batch of ex-lax brownies?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    We had food thiefs at my other job, I got some nice decorative dog biscuits , they look just like gourmet cookies. Put my name right on the package, sure enough someone ate it, but not before a friend of mine had accidently dropped them on the ground and then put them back haha.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    In high school I left my lunch unattended in my class to go to the bathroom. I opened my lunch during out lunch period, and all my food was gone, just a note that said "Thanks for the lunch!" was left. My teacher felt so bad, she gave me food from the teacher's lounge.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is exactly why I have an insulated lunch bag and I use ice packs so I can keep my lunch at my desk. I know it is not something everyone can do, but I can't believe people would eat someone else's food...in our office there has even been left overs that people have taken from the fridge...I can't imagine eating something that someone else has eaten from! :sick:
  • Priscillawants74gone
    Options
    So THAT'S where Scott was hired.....lol

:laugh:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I saw an article a few years back that the biggest fear of most American workers was that their lunch would be stolen while they were working. (I'm sure that's not true any longer with the current economy. Most people are probably more concerned with whether they will have a job tomorrow.) But at the time I was really appalled. I work in a very small office, and that would NEVER happen here. If it did, I would surely have someone's hide. Hope you find the thief!! :)
  • farrellb2
    Options
    I would buy a double zipper lunch box and put 1 of those diary locks on it and keep the key either on a chain around my neck or on my keychain, that way nobody can steal my awesome food that I prepared and spent the whole day dreaming about eating
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    It brings to mind the "Friends" episode where Ross's boss ate his sandwich. Just try not to go into a rage. :)

These things seem even more bizarre when they happen in real life.
  • Schellie67
    Options
    This problem was so bad at my work that they posted signs on very fridge, by the time clock and near the conference center that if you were caught stealing someone's lunch you would be fired. They caught the person and he is no longer here. It was so bad my office pooled our money and bought our own fridge.

It really sucks to be counting on something for lunch especially when you have your lunch figured for calories, fat and protein and then you have to go hungry or worse eat out.