Tattoos...

Options

Replies

• ymvestal
    Options
    I have 3....my first is marvin the martian in forefront with "thumb up", a cannon right behind him and the earth finally blowing up behind him on my lower back (tramp stamp area)...my second is a floating castle, with 3 dragons (one for each of my kids) flying around it and at the base of the castle is my husband and my names est 1993 (year we were married) on the outer right calf...my third is a hummingbird with vinework and flowers on the top of my left foot. The third is not finished yet...when I get to my goal weight I will have it finished. I am addicted and want more...hubby says I have enough...we'll see who wins this one =) LOL
  • tsbrown09
    Options
    Never have, never will. Everytime I'm remotely tempted I think about what they will look like when I'm 80 and that turns me off.

Think about what everything else will look like when you're 80. I doubt the appearance of your tattoos will be your biggest worry. ;) lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I used to have some but now I have scars instead. The scars are less ugly than the tattoos were. I have 2 that I want.

What made you get rid of them? And what were they?

They were ugly and horrible. Luckily, they were very small. A hangover from my misspent youth.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Have 'em
    Love most of 'em
    Will probably get more

You can see one in my profile pic. :D
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into tattoos. But I saw a burlesque show where a woman had a black line straight down the back of her legs, reminiscent of the seam in vintage stockings. I thought that was most elegant and understated. But I'm probably too chicken to get it done...

Oh, that's hot!
  • Carrin817
    Carrin817 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have 3. 2 I regret and 1 I love! I am always scoping out tatts & really want to get more.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Have one. Would love to have more.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Have 14 of them...love them....will keep getting them until I run out of room.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options

Do you have or are you working on a sleeve? Your pic reminds me of Kat Von D...
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have three...all some some kind of meaning..Betty Boop on my arm, kokopelli on my leg and the Italian flag and American flag on my back...want more!
  • dwnlynn
    Options
    I have 8 of them. When I lose 50 pounds I'm treating myself to another
  • methetree
    Options
    Have them ... 8
    love them.... oh yeah
    want more.... next one will be my grand daughter's foot prints from birth... with her name, birthday, etc

then a touch up on the lawn mower man, and whatever else strikes my fancy...
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have one I got it when i was 18 and i still love it till this day... I had a drawing that was done for me when I was in a car wreck put in between my shoulder blades it is praying hands with a rose i would post a pic if i knew how lol anyway I love it so glad i chose something that was so special to me to share with everyone else
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't have them. Don't want them. Don't understand people who have them (other than military or fraternal organizations - those I get). Not a hate thing- your body, your business. Seemed at first like a lot of folks were getting them to be non-conformist, but now that everyone has them, I realize that can't be be the case anymore 'cause that's the norm.

There's a great theatrical monologue called the Tatoo lady - or something similar. I get that, too. If you have Tatoos and have never read it, I highly recommend it.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Got 2, ankle and upper back. They both have specific personal meanings.

Want more in various areas including lower back, neck, behind ear, forearm, side/s and or hips.

I like piercings too but not sure what I can get away with yet at work beyond my nose ring....
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    have one - sunflower on my lower back (favorite flower - i had him add thorns to it though for various reasons at the time). if i get another it will be a small scorpion on my neck by my hairline (am a scorpio).
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

No sleeve, but a shoulder cap on one arm. I remind you of Kat Von D?! Well, she's pretty, but she's a total ***** in real life...but then again...so am I....so I guess that's a compliment?? I'll take it as one!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Don't have them. Don't want them. Don't understand people who have them (other than military or fraternal organizations - those I get). Not a hate thing- your body, your business. Seemed at first like a lot of folks were getting them to be non-conformist, but now that everyone has them, I realize that can't be be the case anymore 'cause that's the norm.

There's a great theatrical monologue called the Tatoo lady - or something similar. I get that, too. If you have Tatoos and have never read it, I highly recommend it.

I understand that some people don't get why people get them, but basically easiest way to think about it, Its art, you hang your paintings on your walls, I wear them on my body.

Also all my piece have a reason and story behind them as do most people who are ink'd :)
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Got em

Shoulder, both arms, and calf

Done with em
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options

No sleeve, but a shoulder cap on one arm. I remind you of Kat Von D?! Well, she's pretty, but she's a total ***** in real life...but then again...so am I....so I guess that's a compliment?? I'll take it as one!

I did mean it as a compliment, I think she is gorgeous, although I dont know what is up with that bad wig(s) she had during her show lately....I don't know much else about her except that she was born in Mexico :) (i.m Mexican! lol)

You have pics of your shoulder cap?
    I have one, a butterfly (how original, I know!) between my shoulder blades.....but I want more!! I would love a side piece, from below the armpit down to.....I dont know yet....hip, knee, ankle, maybe around my back!? It would all depend how far I can go with MFP lol