WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I will walk today or not. Not feeling it. Has been raining off and on and supposed to be raining during the time I usually walk, asthma is kicking in so think it is time to pull the nebulizer out again. Will make sure I take it with me when I go to mom's this afternoon. Haven't packed anything yet but that doesn't take too long. Just feeling really tired. Need to keep the asthma under control. The past two winters I ended up with it out of control and on the nebulizer every four hours for five weeks. The first year was asthma and Covid at the same time(thankfully the asthma was already acting up before I went to my parents the day dad passed away- I was stuck up there for two weeks and I am sure I would have been in the hospital if I didn't have the machine with me- it was a very scary time)

I will be at mom's until at least Sunday evening, most likely Monday morning. Another storm is supposed to hit on Sunday but not sure what time. Depends on who you listen to if it will rain or not.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Rebecca Yes my husband drives, but I like going to town by myself. Much more economical (he is a spender) and I like the quiet! He does not drink and drive, which I am very thankful for.

Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate the crisp cool air of my morning walk.

#2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.\

RVRita

When I learned to drive at 50, it was to help get Lee to the doctors etc. Now after transplant, he is more comfortable driving, than dealing with the stress of my driving. Sadly, learning that late in life, I don't have the instincts as a driver, more as a passenger. So each time getting behind the wheel, things a normal driver would do instinctively, I have to consciously think about. So that fact alone, I let him drive, for however long that may be. When he can't drive due to eyesight, or illness, I guess I would arrange other transport. 🙃👍🏻
    I am glad you get out and about by yourself. Time apart from a spouse is helpful in marriage health I think.
    Enjoy your sun!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness-last week A Man Called Otto. Today, maybe “My Pack Life”

Weight up 2+ lbs this morning. Oops, iphone in pocket :laugh:

Rebecca, thanks for explaining. Yup, respecting your DH’s condition is way more important than any vacation.
    Pip, Ouch poor Lucy! (very cute in new booties) Thanks for the explanation. Fingers X’d the quick will continue to recede.
    Debbie prayers continue and amping up for Destiny.
    Annie when the scale is stuck, sometimes measurements can be encouraging. Keep up the good work! One of the best investments I’ve ever made in myself is a good food scale and the time to use it. :wink:
    Heather today will be a red wine day for me. Cheers! from another lively old dog. :naughty:
    Happy birthday Kylia! Kileagh’s apple certainly didn’t fall far from your tree! How old is she? And tell your biggest bear “Well done!” from us all.
    Carol :love: the “May your coffee…” meme.
    Rita understand about DH being a spender. One of the many reasons we shop separately :wink:
    Oh Barbie, that meme is a powerful take on the “law of attraction.” Just put Complaint Free World on library hold.
    Debbie ashma AND Covid? :astonished: So scary, but at least you were there with your Mom during that sad time. Hope this weekend with Mom is restful.
    High wind warning forecast. Did two loads of laundry last night, and started another this morning, in case the power goes out. Hoping for a break in the weather for taking dogs down to the powerline meadow but if not, have rain pants , leaky/stained rain jackets. :cold_sweat:
    Time to break fast, do PT and take that hot shower while we have electricity. ;)
    02/2: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. active mins:237 steps:8071
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6 =arugula, beans-kidney, carrots, celery, cucumber, olives-green, potato chips, potatoes-russet, radishes, romaine, scallions, tangerines, tea, walnuts. CI<CO=546
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, filing. Wt:133.2 :bigsmile:
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

You Oregon coastie be safe! We still get the "Astorian" newspaper so we have been seeing all the weather kerfuffles and power outages! Plus two whales washed up on shore at Peter Iredale ship beach. Just crazy weather!
    Here on Whidbey its windy and in the high 30's outside. We have been doing good power wise so far (knocking on wood now).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    Allie - in the spoiler:
    https://suddenhedgehogs.com/

They might boot me for the link, but life is all about risk, you know...

Love,
    Lisa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terri — Your comment to Heather about life ambushing or surprising us makes me want to think things through to make careful decisions. ⭐️

Kylia—HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 🌹

Lanette—I miss SW Oregon & Washington. I have family here in Illinois that I appreciate very much. 💖

Barbie — I like your comment. Repeated gratitude is excellent practice. Thanks for your message. ⭐️

Vicki— Neither DH or me have caught the flu. We’ve been careful to avoid possible health risks. Thanks for your kind thoughts. 🌹

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    I ate 1052 calories today, with 81g of protein. Yay! Let's see if I can keep that up. I have a very sedentary life outside of my intentional exercise. Tonight is yoga and aerobic walking.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Kylia: Happy Birthday 🥳 🎂 🍾

Intentions for tomorrow:
    ♦️Latin study✔️
    ♦️Parchment Craft ✔️
    ♦️general chores✔️
    ♦️sort out project for craft next Tuesday ✔️
    ♦️solid habits ✔️

Taking care of yourself
    does not mean ‘Me first’
    It means
    ME TOO!!!

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them, especially those in unsatisfying relationships. It can be so wearing.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri