Down 10 pounds this month!

Options
cyn_love
cyn_love Posts: 94 Member
I had been doing WW on and off for the past year or so. Recently started tracking in MFP instead and have been amazed. I feel like I can eat so much more. Point values for sweets are so inflated on WW. With MFP, calories are calories. I am trying to watch my macros as well… I’m learning so much more about nutrition in general. Anyway, in January I lost over 10 pounds. I am so excited to finally be headed the right direction again. 😁 I told myself I’d be down 30 by the end of May. So this is a great start!

P.S. I’d love to make some friends throughout this long journey. If you’re looking for an accountability buddy, let me know! 🥰
ioorbssu7tyc.png

Replies

• cyn_love
    Options
    cwaterg wrote: »
    Great job! :) Progress creates momentum. Momentum creates more progress. You reach your goal one day at a time...don't give up! I lost 10 this month too. Let's not let this be a first of the year One (month) and Done! We can do this! Our future selves will thank us...our past selves don't matter!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great work with your loss! We're already 2 days into month 2 and still going strong! Keep trucking along. :smile:
  • holcombkelli
    holcombkelli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done WW numerous times, Noom, Kaiser shakes, the list goes on. I am trying this now. And reducing my sugar in take. I am hypothroid with only half a thyroid and on medication for it. I am hoping to lose weight but my thyroid makes it difficult.
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a similar goal, 30 lbs by the end of April (began seriously working on it at the end of November). Like you, I've tried many approaches and none of them ever stuck. After my last physical with some disappointing lab results, I felt I had to make some changes. I feel lucky that I don't have any really hard physical issues to overcome. For me, losing some weight would probably re-balance my health and get me back to a healthier lifestyle (and better labs!). I am working one on one with an RD and that together with MFP has made a huge difference! I am back to exercise, not perfectly, but a good start. So, best to you with your journey and congrats on your current success!
  • Danisha43
    Danisha43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm currently stuck at 6lbs. I'm also on weight watchers to I might give it up and just do MFP. I send you a friend request. Congratulations on you weight loss.
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @holcombkelli I've tried noom as well. I don't know why I always had in my head that the "big" numbers of calories were more confusing than the points system. Live and learn I guess. This time we will do it!

@sandraws Great progress! I need to rebalance some of my labs as well. I'd love to not be prediabetic anymore. Yikes!

@Danisha43 I accepted! :blush: Are you tracking on both? That was my plan initially, but it's so difficult because they're very different. Yesterday I ate about 1500 calories... was well under my calorie goal. However on WW I had eaten 68 points. 68!!! No thank you... I'm having success with MFP, so I'll be staying here for free. Ha! I do miss the community though.
  • Cannen2015
    Cannen2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need an accountability partner please 😫 but I don't know how all of this works. I did good on MFP a long, long time ago but definitely fell off the wagon.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey that is amazing! Love hearing your excitement and your progress, as well :)
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @Cannen2015 I sent you a friend request! I think it's so much easier when you're surrounded by like-minded people. My sister has always been my accountability person, but when struggles, I do too. Definitely need more people! I'm still learning MFP, but so far so good!
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @A_New_Creation Thank you. :smile: BTW..Girl, you are GORGEOUS!
  • rolandamc
    rolandamc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not doing WW - just watching what I eat and when I eat it. Down 9 pounds since Jan 1st. Several more pounds to lose. I am thankful for this app as it holds me accountable on all levels. God bless you all!
  • cyn_love
    Options
    rolandamc wrote: »
    Not doing WW - just watching what I eat and when I eat it. Down 9 pounds since Jan 1st. Several more pounds to lose. I am thankful for this app as it holds me accountable on all levels. God bless you all!

That's great! Good work!
  • Woolhope
    Woolhope Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried WW twice and just felt resentful , childish but it didn’t work for me. This makes me think and learn about foods , eat like a real person , if I go over one day I don’t let it throw me off. I keep steady over a week. I have fifty pounds to lose so it will take time.
  • Jersey_Boy
    Jersey_Boy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out and going make some changes I like to be your friend on here and get some tips and pointers anyone advise would help to
  • jinstokes
    jinstokes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have never tried WW....was never curious about it, either. I've been on MFP for some years now...and I know it works for me. Losing the 1st ten pounds had to have felt amazing...like you accomplished a goal. I know that feeling...it's almost like a relief that you CAN achieve difficult goals.

I'd love to be included in your MFP family. Sending a friend a request...
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @Woolhope exactly! I did so much yo-yoing on WW. I think it’s because I was so restricted. But they make you think you’re free to eat whatever!

@Jersey_Boy i think I sent you a friend request. Im still learning the app.

@jinstokes accepted! Thanks. It definitely feels good. I’m ready to start seeing changes physically though. Seeing is believing. ;)
  • bruggles5
    bruggles5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried WW and many other programs. I had really good success with Optavia last year and lost 25 lbs. But I need to take the next step of applying healthy living on my own so I don't gain any more back as that is where my struggle has been. I have used MFP for years but never analyzed what my numbers are telling me about what I put in my body. I've only looked at the scale and clothes size numbers, and those just made me frustrated. My new mindset is to use the numbers from MFP to actually help me lose the little I have gained and maintain...pay attention to what I am actually putting in my body.
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @bruggles5 Makes sense. I'm definitely learning more here than I ever have.
  • kissingalyssa
    kissingalyssa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like buddies!!! <3o:)
  • Fin_C666
    Fin_C666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I am too looking to lose 10lbs this month, and you are proof it can be done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!