February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No walking or running yesterday, but now that it's the weekend, I'm hoping to get more activity in. We have a busy weekend, but hopefully I'll still find time to get outside.

@quilteryoyo I do have a cutting mat and rotary cutter, but I'm still hopeless haha. So I just hope that no one will look too closely at my corners. I made 2 small quilts about a decade ago, but I haven't done any quilting in a while. I started a queen sized quilt for my bed 2 years ago, but then I stopped working on it. I'm hoping to finish it someday!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Great running @Scott6255 and @martaindale .

@shanaber Sorry you aren't feeling well and had to reschedule your trip, but, like you said, you will get there eventually. Hope you feel better soon!

@tarun_yadavA I'm sure you will be done with the race before I get out of bed. LOL I'll be cheering you on in my sleep. :wink: Great shake out run today. I'm not on Strava so will have to wait for you, or someone else, to post here to see your results. You are going to do great.

Nice run @kgirlhart . I'm glad there aren't any lingering affects from our fall. I have a Garmin FR 745. It probably has the fall detect function. I guess I should look into that.

@ScienceofTeaching I hope you are able to get out for a walk or run this weekend. Hahaha about still cutting crooked. So you have a ruler that you can help cut straight. I have to use that too, or I'd be hopeless. Maybe, eventually, we'll both finish or started projects.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @Scott6255 ! Congrats on making a weekly mileage PR! Awesome sauce.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Pizza for the win! :lol: Great long run.

@Laurz9191 Great running! I'm glad your hamstring is doing better!

I might actually have gotten up early enough to be on here before @tarun_yadavA and @eleanorhawkins finish their races today. I am cheering you both on!! Can't wait to hear about them.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I hope things improve at work soon. That sounds really stressful.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Congratulations @tarun_yadavA 👏🎉
    @Teresa502 hope work stress eases a bit!
    @shanaber I missed that your feeling bad was due to shingles 😒 I've been meaning to get that vaccine for years. Did you have it?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great race!! And pizza to boot!!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @tarun_yadavA! That's a great finish time. Wow, you were really excited on that first mile. It's amazing what a crowd of other runners and endorphins can do to your pace!

Well done @eleanorhawkins! Congrats on 3rd place in your AG! My calves started aching just when I saw that elevation! My hike last Sunday was 15.70 miles and had only 3,000 feet elevation gain and my calves were sore for three days after. Sorry the family wasn't there to see you finish. I know they are proud of you anyway!

@shanaber - I've been meaning to get the shingles vaccine but just haven't gotten around to it. My doctor has recommended it and every time I hear about how painful they are, I resolve to do it at the next chance I have and then I forget about it. Glad the antiviral seems to be working for you.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great race and congrats on the 3rd place AG!