February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

@tarun_yadavA and @eleanorhawkins Thanks for collectively making me want to eat some pizza ;). I hope recovery is going well. I am very impressed with the elevation @eleanorhawkins . @tarun_yadavA - I am sure you will get sub 4 in your next marathon! ...too soon :). Was it hard to keep track of what lap you were on?

I had a great relaxing, head-clearing 10.3k run this morning. It was great being outside and I can feel my leg healing up. I saw a total of 2 trains, 3 cyclists, a jogger and a chicken on my run today.

February is as good as half done and I am as good as half way to my February goal of 200km :).

exercise.png

@Laurz9191 Too soon Bro, too soon. :D

RE: laps/distance... kind of knew I had 11 to do. Was a bit tricky trying to workout how much I'd done without glancing over at phone. Multiples of 2.37. The Mile Markers were confusing. Multiple races... Full, Half, 10K... I think towards the end the penny dropped in my head, that they were colour coded.

PS: you're welcome RE: craving pizza! lol
    PPS: Well done on being well on track for your 200kms goal for the month.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great racing/long running. Congrats on the AG podium. That’s awesome!

@tarun_yadavA You look so happy in your pics. Congrats on a strong race. I could see how the multiple laps with shorter distances racing at the same time could feel demoralizing towards the end. I feel you with it being too soon to be talking about the next one!!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    hello ladies!

@martaindale awww, thanks Sarah! yep wayyy too soon to be talking about doing another one! Never say never - but not for a few months at least, though. And I'd probably not do another lap-type marathon again. I'd rather do a City one. Mentally- less repetitive, and nice to have crowds/noise along the way, rather than just one place (the start/finish bit).

@quilteryoyo *IF* I was doing it again - find some way of not totally slowing down between 21-24 would be the one thing I'd want to change/work on. Struggled during training (what? 3weeks ago now?) and then again yesterday.
    Glad I ran the full 26.2 beforehand though, that way I knew I could do the distance yesterday and do it without stopping/walking. Think that helped me a lot mentally.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA That pizza looks amazing! My husband hates pizza, so it's one of my go-to treats if he isn't home for dinner with me. That pizza hut picture makes me miss meeting my friends there in high school a long time ago. The ones closest to me have all been converted into other businesses, which makes me so sad!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA That pizza looks amazing! My husband hates pizza, so it's one of my go-to treats if he isn't home for dinner with me. That pizza hut picture makes me miss meeting my friends there in high school a long time ago. The ones closest to me have all been converted into other businesses, which makes me so sad!

@ScienceofTeaching Hi! Nice to meet you!
    poor you! how does one hate pizza?? something like sushi i get - fish. cold fish etc. but pizza??
    Anyways... yeah, agree. shame that dine-in pizza hut restaurants in the US are now quite rare. Salad bar, and them coming fresh out of the oven - best part! Delivery - ummm, just not the same thing!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary @ScienceofTeaching!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Sounds like you had a great run. Glad you are enjoying Pilates and that your body is already adjusting well to it.

You're doing great @Tramboman ! I love all the sounds of spring and reading about what you are hearing.

@ScienceofTeaching Sounds like you had a great weekend. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you enjoy your walk and dinner with DH.

Today's plan called for Hill Repeats. I have all sorts of good excuses for NOT doing that today, but bottom line is that I just didn't feel like pushing it to run up hill as fast as I could for a minute x6. LOL So, I switched today with tomorrow and did an easy run on the treadmill. Hopefully, it will be a bit warmer tomorrow and I'll have more energy.

Today, I did a run/walk for 4/1 min at 4.2-4.7/3.8 mph, then finished with 4.2 mph. Total was 2.50 miles at an average pace of 13:58 min/mile. Avg HR was 130 and max was 146 bpm. I had hoped to keep my HR below 140. It was above that for only a little over 2 min when I was running at 4.7 mph. So, I'll take it. I also walked a mile total for warm up and cool down.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    February Goal: 90 Miles

2/3: 5.27 miles
    2/4: 5.26 miles
    2/5: 13.15 miles
    2/6: 5.02 miles
    2/9: 5.52 miles
    2/10: 6.02 miles
    2/12: 10.10 miles
    2/13: 5.51 miles

55.85/90 miles completed for February

I decided to run today instead of tomorrow. There is rain in the forecast and strong winds so I decided to switch my rest day. I had a really nice 5.5 mile run this morning. The wind is howling now, so I am glad I ran today.

Happy Anniversary @ScienceofTeaching !

exercise.png