What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,574 Member
    Options
    I know what to do with potted plants and I know what to do with cut flowers but what the hell am I supposed to do with a supermarket orchid? I really did not want a new hobby or fussy thing to take care of. I think I’m gonna trash it when it stops blooming. It’s giving me stress

I have never been able to keep one alive.
    My ex MIL has about 6 in her house and they grow and bloom, I don’t get it!
    She told me to place them where they get bright, non-direct sun.
    Put 3 ice cubes in the pot about once a week. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can’t bear throwing plants away that are still alive but eventually you just gotta give up.
    Good luck 🪴

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I know what to do with potted plants and I know what to do with cut flowers but what the hell am I supposed to do with a supermarket orchid? I really did not want a new hobby or fussy thing to take care of. I think I’m gonna trash it when it stops blooming. It’s giving me stress

I have never been able to keep one alive.
    My ex MIL has about 6 in her house and they grow and bloom, I don’t get it!
    She told me to place them where they get bright, non-direct sun.
    Put 3 ice cubes in the pot about once a week. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can’t bear throwing plants away that are still alive but eventually you just gotta give up.
    Good luck 🪴

I would love to give it away to someone who would like it but I don’t really talk to people outside my family in real life

Maybe the guy at Dollar General would like it?
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wish it was something deep, but I'm trying to decide what colour/design I want to get my next set of nails in, haha.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I want to slap on some face paint and go dancing or if I wanna stay in my jam jams and watch Doom Patrol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    If I want to slap on some face paint and go dancing or if I wanna stay in my jam jams and watch Doom Patrol.

Slap on some face paint and watch Doom Patrol.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,836 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

OR ... (go with me on this)... stay in your jam jams and go dancing...
  • LilithReigns
    Options

Not a bad idea...
    cmsienk wrote: »

This I could get behind as well....

Gonna have to flip a coin.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Not a bad idea...

You know what? You are a strong woman who can do anything. Slap on some face paint, go out, and dance in your jam jams down the street to the music in Doom Patrol. Not much music in there, I think, but I really ended up liking the show after the first season. :)
  • LilithReigns
    Options

Not a bad idea...

You know what? You are a strong woman who can do anything. Slap on some face paint, go out, and dance in your jam jams down the street to the music in Doom Patrol. Not much music in there, I think, but I really ended up liking the show after the first season. :)

Honestly I've decided to stay in and just be a couch potato lol

There are some good songs but they are brief. I also feel the show picked up after season one.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options

You wait til the flowers die then toss it
    😂🤣 I'm terrible with flowers and plants

I was told put 3 ice cubes in in every week. Good luck
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to plan a road trip to Atlanta for my boy to see the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. He's a US President buff so we have been trying to take him to stuff related

So...anyone know of interesting things between day Detroit and Atlanta? Or even Buffalo and Atlanta? We could go either route really
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hate late night munchies. Struggling tonight.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    7:30 is way too early to have to take your car in for an oil change
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I'm trying to plan a road trip to Atlanta for my boy to see the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. He's a US President buff so we have been trying to take him to stuff related

So...anyone know of interesting things between day Detroit and Atlanta? Or even Buffalo and Atlanta? We could go either route really
    That is such a specific special interest! ❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I slept till 630 and thought of it as “sleeping in.” I might be broken
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Asbury
  • LilithReigns
    edited February 2023
    Options
    The amount of respect I have for people with mental and physical disabilities/illnesses that still get up everyday and push through. Reaching goals and loving life despite the challenges they did not choose to have.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Kinda wondering why many people on here don’t bother with “like” or any other response anymore.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
    I respond to most all of the posts that I follow, I figure people like knowing what others think about their comments or they wouldn’t post them.

the golden rule I guess, oh well 🙄

I’ve noticed for the past several months that very few people use the reaction buttons anymore. Maybe it’s out of fashion? 🤷‍♀️ Even I have gotten lazy about it
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Kinda wondering why many people on here don’t bother with “like” or any other response anymore.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
    I respond to most all of the posts that I follow, I figure people like knowing what others think about their comments or they wouldn’t post them.

the golden rule I guess, oh well 🙄

I’ve noticed for the past several months that very few people use the reaction buttons anymore. Maybe it’s out of fashion? 🤷‍♀️ Even I have gotten lazy about it

Maybe it's the lack of a "woo" button. It just isn't the same any more