Before & After - 4 Months | -60 Lbs... How are others doing?!

Options
SPT5687
SPT5687 Posts: 16 Member
tizprsvzfd9v.jpg

About 4 months ago to the day I decided enough was enough. Logged back into MFP and started setting realistic, and progressive goals for myself and paying attention to my diet. I really enjoy running and got myself a Tonal exercise machine for strength/resistance training (which has been amazing, but that's another story). Mid-October I weighed in at just under 250 lbs and was very sedentary. Today I'm a pretty lean 188 lbs, 3 lbs away from my next goal post of 185 lbs, then as close to 15% body fat as I can get without going too crazy.

I'm very proud of my progress and literally have had people not recognize me with such a transformation in a short period of time. I feel great, like how i look, and am seeing other benefits like my blood pressure levels back in normal range... Happy with my progress, but the journey continues...

How's everyone else doing? Would love to hear any success stories or tips anyone would like to share. Cheers all!

Replies

• clprieur
    clprieur Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Good job. :)
  • tdogcommander
    tdogcommander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Man, that's nothing short of incredible! I've ping-ponged for years, and it's stories like yours that help keep me going! Thank you for sharing!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    That is some kick @$$ working out. I'm on essentially the same journey (same weight, same goal weight) but in the midst of an 8-month long journey to get there. Not sure how tall you are though. Regardless, I hope we can both maintain after getting there!
  • SPT5687
    Options
    Lol thanks @TriShamelessly - I was a complete "couch potato" now I'm so entrenched in the habit of exercising I need to force myself to take rest days. I'm just a hair under 6' 0" btw. Good luck to you, if I can do it I've no doubt you can too. And yes, then the hardest part, maintaining it! A nut I've yet to crack, but I think this time will be different! Keep up the good work my friend!
  • SPT5687
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @tdogcommander -- This is the third time in under 10yrs that I've attempted to get fit. I've got the weight loss part down to a science, maintaining is much harder. From a fellow ping-ponger, you've got this...
    "Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the obstacles you overcome."
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." - Churchill
    Rock on my friend, you've got this, and if you ht a bump in the road, "try, try again"!!
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job. You are looking fit and attractively packaged. Also, settling into a body recomp phase should be totally fine. As you build more muscle, your body will naturally go find additional visceral fat around organs and within muscle tissues. Our bodies are miraculous at knowing exactly what to do and when to do it. All we have to do is pay attention to the inputs and the feedback at the mirror and the scale. If you haven’t already, begin adding measurements to your MFP stat collection. I missed doing it at the start and really wish I would have. Keep up the good work on pursuing the changes you desire.
  • aprilgranier
    aprilgranier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Damn, very impressive! You look fantastic!
  • SPT5687
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Thanks @DebbsSeattle - that's a great tip! I've tracked the core measurements (weight, muscle, fat, etc.) going back about 8 yrs. I recently started taking & tracking body measurements, which I wish I did sooner. To your point, sometimes body comp changes but the number on the scale doesn't move, so nice to be able to see those trends over time and track "NSV's".
  • rdubins
    rdubins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're wearing that hard work beautifully. You look as though you've been buff and lean your whole life! Thanks for sharing - reminds me of this: you get what you go after.
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well. I started Jan 2nd at 226, I'm down to 188 lbs. 38 lb loss and it's only 2 months. i still have 63 more pounds to lose.

But congrats to you! i hope in a couple of months, i'm down 60 lbs also.. I don't know though.. we'll see.
  • TravelTheWorldMyWay
    Options
    SPT5687 wrote: »
    tizprsvzfd9v.jpg

About 4 months ago to the day I decided enough was enough. Logged back into MFP and started setting realistic, and progressive goals for myself and paying attention to my diet. I really enjoy running and got myself a Tonal exercise machine for strength/resistance training (which has been amazing, but that's another story). Mid-October I weighed in at just under 250 lbs and was very sedentary. Today I'm a pretty lean 188 lbs, 3 lbs away from my next goal post of 185 lbs, then as close to 15% body fat as I can get without going too crazy.

I'm very proud of my progress and literally have had people not recognize me with such a transformation in a short period of time. I feel great, like how i look, and am seeing other benefits like my blood pressure levels back in normal range... Happy with my progress, but the journey continues...

How's everyone else doing? Would love to hear any success stories or tips anyone would like to share. Cheers all!

Great to hear!! Congrats!
  • DocSkillz
    DocSkillz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've made significant changes to my diet since discovering that my BP was too high. I discovered I had developed fatty liver and that my cholesterol and blood glucose were too high. I've had a few off days, but since putting in serious effort I've managed to lose 8kg in 25 days.

I've been eating two boiled eggs, two bananas, one pint of oat milk and one black coffee for breakfast (which I sip on all day). I walk VERY BRISKLY during lunch for one hour and then begin planning dinner. Dinner is generally fish or chicken with broccoli or spinach and one cup of brown rice. I do not use salt when cooking and have significantly reduced the amount of oil that is used. I stick to cruciferous vegetables and jujubes (snacks) which are ample in Taiwan.

I stopped eating out, ordering take out, eating fried foods, drinking soda...but still enjoy a bit of whiskey. I'd like to cut this down as well, because it would make things move a bit quicker. On the weekends, I hike briskly for two hours (mixing running and walking) on a trail that has both uphill and downhill sections. Next steps, will be adding strength training into the routine and making a serious push to eliminate alcohol entirely.

I've been feeling the results of becoming focused on this routine and am pleased to see that others are experiencing success as well. Congratulations on a better YOU!
  • SPT5687
    Options
    @DocSkillz - That's fantastic. I too have high BP and cholesterol and have seen a significant improvement after modifying my diet, loosing fat in my mid-section, and becoming more fit in general. I see so many similarities in what you're doing compared to the changes that I've made, which have definitely paid off big time! Keep focusing on good habits and routine and results most certainly follow... Congrats to a better you as well - Keep up the good work my friend, and thanks for sharing!!
  • Sunsetwind
    Sunsetwind Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You said it right. You have to say you’ve had enough and then get the wheels in motion, to set realistic goals for yourself. I had enough a few months ago and have lost 19 pounds so far and feel so much better. I’m learning that consistency is key to reaching those goals. God bless you on your journey.
  • Born2Run1958
    Born2Run1958 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how old are you? Great job. I'm 64, low thyroid (since I was 28). Work out 5 days a week and for the first time EVER yesterday I walked 5.2 miles NONSTOP. It felt great, but soon enough it will be way too hot and humid to do it on a consistent basis. Can you say heat stroke? Yep Houston in summer will kill just about anyone or anything.
    Proud for your success!
  • SPT5687
    Options
    @Born2Run1958 - I'm 36 yrs old. Lol and yes I can only imagine the heat in Houston. Keep up the good work my friend and congrats on your progress. Consistency is king and building and maintaining good habits make all the difference in the long run.. even small change yield big results over time. When it comes to age, I don't think it's ever too early or too late to focus on fitness and reap considerable benefits - Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!