Preworkout breakfast recipes?

Options
christinefrano
christinefrano Posts: 44 Member
I normally workout in the afternoon so I need some good ideas that will fuel me up 3 hours before my lifting session without weighing me down.

I was thinking greek yogurt parfait? I normally eat a light breakfast so not sure how much to eat. :)

Replies

• 8bass0head808
    8bass0head808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anabolic overnight oats: my favorite pre workout meal

Mix all ingredients in a mason jar and refrigerate overnight.

1 cup rolled oats
    1 scoop vanilla whey
    8oz milk or substitute
    50g berries of your choice

I double the recipe for
    1377calories
    35g fat
    168g carbs
    93g protein
  • Kaalford
    Kaalford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Daves killer bread bagel
    1 cup egg whites
    1 kiwi
    1 cup almond milk

64 carbs
    60 protein
    4 fat
  • belamont
    belamont Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anabolic overnight oats: my favorite pre workout meal

Mix all ingredients in a mason jar and refrigerate overnight.

1 cup rolled oats
    1 scoop vanilla whey
    8oz milk or substitute
    50g berries of your choice

Great option! This is almost exactly what I use with some slight differences; I swap the berries for banana which gets cut up and mashed into the mix (add berries before eating though), and cook up enough ~5 meals (be careful to stir frequently while cooking as it bakes to the bottom of a pot very easily with the protein powder). 2 meals go in the fridge, 3 in the freezer and take them out as needed throughout the week so I don't have to prep the night before.

I was previously just having a banana and protein shake ~30 to 40 minutes before a workout, and finding that I'd hit a wall about 45 minutes into the gym session. I switched to having the oats meal approximately 1 to 1.5 hours before the gym session, and found I could easily workout for up to 1h 45m before getting tired, and usually still had a bit left in the tank if I needed to add any cardio at the end of the session.