February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good to see you @Camaramandy648 ! Glad all is well with you. Stop by more often!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options

I didn't get a chance to post, or read everyone else's posts, last night. I did play 2 hours of tennis on Wednesday and walked 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.7 mph. Today, I was short on time, so went out for a driveway session. I walked a total of one mile for warm up and cool down and ran 1.25 miles. Just didn't have the time or energy for much more. Under the spoiler, I have more details about the last couple of days, if you are interested.
    I've had kind of a rough couple of days. Tuesday night, I had tummy issues and wound up sleeping on the couch so I would be closer to the bathroom. Finally slept longer than an hour at a time after 3:15. I'm pretty sure it was something that I ate. I kept taking my temperature to make sure I didn't have a fever. I felt okay, except for having to "go." I got up on Wednesday around 7:30 and felt okay, except for being tired. I had told a group of ladies that I would play tennis with them at 10, so got ready and did that. It was pretty hot at 70F (21.1C) and sunny. We played for 2 hours and I traversed 1.40 miles. I was home for an hour - time to take a shower and eat a bite, then picked up mom and took her to a follow-up doctor's appointment for her BP and we ran some errands, including purchasing her a new to her (used) cook stove since hers tore up on Tues morning. Had 30 min at home to put stuff up and eat, then picked mom up for Wed night church. When I got home, I was really, really tired, and soooo tempted to not do a walk to continue my streak. But, I know if I didn't, I'd hate myself this morning. So, at 8 pm, I went down and walked 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.7 mph. It was late when I went to bed last night and just couldn't get to sleep. I got up this morning and went to worked at daycare from 9 - 2. I am trying to get a QIT set up for my cousin, Medicaid has finally said he needs one or will get kicked out of the program, so I made some phone calls from the parking lot and went to the bank to ask some questions before heading home tonight. I was exhausted and hadn't had a chance to eat or drink anything since 8:30 this morning. I had a spoon of peanut butter and sat on the couch to let it settle a little before going out to do my exercise. I was falling asleep! I made myself get up at 4:30 and went out for some driveway laps. Since I need to get to bed earlier tonight - I have my CT scan in the morning for the 2 year check of my aneurysm surgery, I decided to walk one mile and run 15 ish minutes. The run was 16:41 min and 1.25 miles. Avg pace was 13:21 mph, which isn't bad for the driveway laps when I'm not really pushing it. Avg HR was 137 and max 151 bpm. Sorry for the second long post in a week.

exercise.png

Now, I'm going to try to catch up with everyone. I may not comment on them all, but will hug and like as appropriate.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Laurz9191 It's great that you got out for a run while your 3 year old road his bike. The picture is really cute!

@eleanorhawkins Looking forward to seeing whether you race or train the race. I think you could totally podium and that always gets my competitive juices going too.

@tarun_yadavA Enjoy your night and be careful.

@Scott6255 Glad you were able to figure out how to enjoy the recovery runs!

That's a lofty goal @chris_in_cal , but you can totally do it. You seem to have a sensible plan moving ahead.

Glad to see you back @Camaramandy648 ! I was thinking about you a couple of days ago and wondering how you were doing. I have no doubt you can do anything you set your mind to.

• quilteryoyo
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @chris_in_cal You are doing great. I heard about that winter advisory. Crazy. When I lived in San Bernardina, back in 1984-1986, I think, they had snow for the first time in many, many years. And, it was before E. TN got any snow, which was crazy.

@kgirlhart It's great when you get going and feel like you could run forever.

At least you don't let yourself take the day off just because you went out with friends the night before @tarun_yadavA . I haven't had a McNugget in ages. Hope they were good.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Good to see you again @Camaramandy648! Been seeing your runs on strava, too. Hope you can check in again and let us know how training goes!!
    spl8 wrote: »
    ... back-to-back runs and running on tired legs. I'm trying just to get my body used to running for longer periods each run but at some point I'll start adding days.

Yep, one thing at a time. It's tough on your body to add too much too soon. Build up the distance a little then shoot for adding 1 more day with a short run, like 3 miles easy, then work it back up. There are also quite a few training plans that are 4 days a week so those make a good template for how to incorporate those extra miles. I use a training plan of one sort or another even when I'm not training for anything specific. It's easier to just plug in a training plan to my schedule than taking the time to build something myself.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Oh, strava 😂 I’ve been trying to come up with better titles for my runs 😂 “morning run, lunch run,” are so boring!

Mine are the same. I briefly tried, but we can't all be Keira D'Amato.

@quilteryoyo That sounds rough. Hope you're feeling better. I'm very impressed at your dedication to your streak! Hoping for good results on your 2-year check-up.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Heard a killdeer, but it probably needs to head back south in a hurry.

For all you bird people, I've discovered my new neighborhood in San Diego, California has a flock of wild parrots.

I've seen a few flying around, yesterday a bunch come to roost on the line in front of my house.
    ---
    3fbheqwq1g2b.png

You can teach them to talk to you...
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

At least you don't let yourself take the day off just because you went out with friends the night before @tarun_yadavA . I haven't had a McNugget in ages. Hope they were good.

@quilteryoyo sooo good. went down a treat after Beers and whiskies, at the end of the night! :smile:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Ooooh @martaindale that sounds like nice weather for a HM (and PR)!! You'll do great!!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well, I signed up for the Woodlands HM. It's next Saturday. Weather is looking decent. The low Friday night/Sat morning is 45F right now, high of 72F (which we won't hit until early afternoon). So, I'm guessing low-mid 50's on the high end during the race assuming this forecast holds. Fingers crossed.

@martaindale awesome!!! 🙌
    Good luck!! You'll kill it
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise how close I was to doing 5km before I pressed save, otherwise I would have kept going. :D
    04/02 2.08 miles
    05/02 2.39 miles
    06/02 2.55 miles
    15/02 2.56 miles
    17/02 2.55 miles
    19/02 2.56 miles
    23/02 2.71 miles
    24/02 3.04 miles

Total 20.44 miles

exercise.png

@quiteryoyo - I don't know how you can fit so much in and still have time to walk/run

@Camaramandy648 - Great to see you back! Sounds like you are doing really well! Malamutes are gorgeous dogs, U will have to post a picture. I have a Samoyed called Dakota and he comes with me on my runs.