Meal Prep

Options
What are some favorite meals to meal prep? Thanks!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    • ]Dried beans. There's so much you can do with 'em.
    • Roasted vegetables. All kinds. Tonight was broccoli. Cauliflower is also delish. So are potatoes, rutabaga, parsnip, beet, artichoke.....
    • Eggs. So easy.
      [/list
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I make soups and one-pot meals or entrees that freeze well, and portion them in vacuum freezer bags. Fresh meats are frozen in single serving portions for easy defrosting and preparation. I keep chopped romaine and salad fixin's ready in the refrigerator.

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Similar to the poster above me, I have big pots of soup & chili portioned out in the freezer. No vacuum sealer though.
  • EmilyHarris0404
    EmilyHarris0404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to do overnight oats in kilner jars- prep 5 days in a row
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I don't prep whole meals so much as meal ingredients. In my freezer are usually portioned chicken, pork and beef already cooked and/or seasoned for stir-fry, tacos. fajitas, lettuce wraps and salads. There are also soups, broths, chili, cooked white rice and potatoes, frozen green veg and individually packaged fish portions. With those, I can generally whip up a delicious meal in well under 20 minutes. I also often make a bowl of homemade slaw (Asian inspired or Western traditional) that I nibble throughout the week. Sometimes I chop fresh veg in advance when I just want to quickly cook and eat - as with an omelet or frittata. But that is usually a night before/fridge thing since I don't like sliced peppers or onions to store in the fridge more than a day or so.
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So here is my meal prep for Monday to Friday:

What’s missing: hard boiled eggs I eat 2 for breakfast

Lunch, lettuce and kimchi, chicken sausage (boiled)

Dinner: cauliflower and pea soup made in instapot no oil, and 2.5 oz/serving of steamed curried chicken, no oil

Dessert: sugar free jello

lq3f5ihujtbw.jpeg

Saturday and Sunday I play by ear. In case if I have to go out with family/friends then…I will eat like a salad or hibachi or something

My meals are usually around 600-800 calories. But I do eat 2 snacks like kind bars or popcorn.

Anyway: I started off at 226 on Jan 1st
    I currently am 189.6 lbs now on feb 26.

My goal is to be between 125-150 by September 1st. I doubt I will be 125 until Jan 1 2024…but you never know. I didn’t think I’d lose 36 pounds in 2 months.

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make whatever casserole sounds good. A few weeks ago it was a quinoa bake with beans and veggies and grilled chicken pieces. I can get 8 servings from a 9x13” pan easily, so no need to cook again for another 3 or 4 days.
  • MomJess4
    MomJess4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Soups and casseroles are good to make ahead of time. I do this often because I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week and it is nice to have something my family can heat up so we aren't tempted to go out.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Different definitions of "like to prep"...

...like to reheat? Stir fried chicken/steak with rice and veggies
    ...like to fix because it's super quick and easy? Baked chicken with noodles
    ...like to fix because my family gets involved, laughs, has fun? Homemade pizza or hotdogs roasted over a burn pit