What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Trying to find accurate information about local hiking trails.

Is the entrance to the park or trail head clearly marked?

Am I in danger of accidentally trespassing on private property?

Is hunting allowed there?

How likely am I to get shot?

Is there parking readily available?

Is the trail well blazed?

Are there toilets?

Is it accessible and safe in winter?

Will my cell phone work there?

Is it an out and back or is it a loop?

These seem like basic questions and yet the answers are hard to find. I have downloaded several apps and gone to several websites and ugh

I've had good luck with AllTrails. The user reviews tend to be pretty helpful, even for some obscure trails.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Are there toilets?

These seem like basic questions and yet the answers are hard to find. I have downloaded several apps and gone to several websites and ugh

I've had good luck with AllTrails. The user reviews tend to be pretty helpful, even for some obscure trails.

Yes, AllTrails is how I found out that if I followed the Google directions to a particular trail I’d wind up trespassing on prison property

eta: The main reason I know that all trails and similar apps aren’t reliable is because I am familiar with several trails near me and the app does not provide the pertinent information
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Are there toilets?

Yes, AllTrails is how I found out that if I followed the Google directions to a particular trail I’d wind up trespassing on prison property

eta: The main reason I know that all trails and similar apps aren’t reliable is because I am familiar with several trails near me and the app does not provide the pertinent information

update all trails - maybe you can make a career out of posting on all trials
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    That my boss does not push for docs by email which makes more work for me when the client says they'll pick them up.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    That my boss does not push for docs by email which makes more work for me when the client says they'll pick them up.

I work for an organization that still uses interoffice mail and often have dealings with places that still use fax machines
  • glassyo
    Options

I work for an organization that still uses interoffice mail and often have dealings with places that still use fax machines

I'm in a small, 5 person office and we basically just yell back and forth :)

Definitely still use the fax for some people.

It's just sooooooooooooo much easier and faster to use docusign instead of having me staple and red x where to sign and stamp and stuff in an envelope and MANUALLY WRITE THINGS ON THE ENVELOPE! :)

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

I'm in a small, 5 person office and we basically just yell back and forth :)

Definitely still use the fax for some people.

It's just sooooooooooooo much easier and faster to use docusign instead of having me staple and red x where to sign and stamp and stuff in an envelope and MANUALLY WRITE THINGS ON THE ENVELOPE! :)
    😂 You would like my office. It’s usually just me and my boss and sometimes one other person
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I work in a high-security environment (gov't) and frequently have to send correspondence to places that will only accept it by fax. Fine by me since it's way more secure than email unless we're using some kind of encryption. Federal gov't will only accept (and reply) correspondence by snail mail. I get my stuff from them in this weird double envelope system, I guess so the mail clerk doesn't know who's sending me documents?

I seriously hate email. We can't request or send read receipts so I'm always emailing into a void. And when I don't get a reply I never know if my email was ever received, or they're ignoring me, or they replied and my server snagged it because it didn't like the attachment.. aargghhhh.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Yesterday the young lady working at Tim Hortons told me that their jelly donuts had been discontinued and that no one really sells them anymore. I felt like an old fogey looking for her licorice whips.

Anyway I went across the street and bought them at Wegmans
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    This damn machine, being on top while working on it is like walking on ice it's so "slippery" from it all being rollers

d1pdzglkfs2a.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Im unirked so far this morning but Im sure I'll be back with something soon 😁
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    It has been a sunny, warm day in the upper 70s but the wind……💨
    My allergies have a party on windy days like this. 🤧
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

So? Irked?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

So? Irked?

Only that my pizza is not ready yet, watching the oven timer irks me 😂
  • glassyo
    Options
    I don't know if I was right or wrong but I was still irked :)

I went out for my evening walk last night. It was a good song and I was walking kind of in the middle of the street because there was no traffic (I was still on my street) and it's easier and safer in case I pass someone walking a dog and have to jump off the curb and back on again to pass.

This guy comes up to me holding out a flower he'd picked along with a bunch of other ones (I'm sure he was just trying to be nice) but THE SONG WAS GOOD and I wasn't going to stop so I said I was allergic without slowing down. He keeps up with me and practically shoves it in my face and I yelled so hard at him "I'M ALLERGIC!!!!!!" and it kinda made him go "whoa" or whatever.

I AM allergic but that's not the point.

Anyway, when someone says they're allergic to something, you don't shove the item in their face.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I went out for my evening walk last night. It was a good song and I was walking kind of in the middle of the street because there was no traffic (I was still on my street) and it's easier and safer in case I pass someone walking a dog and have to jump off the curb and back on again to pass.

This guy comes up to me holding out a flower he'd picked along with a bunch of other ones (I'm sure he was just trying to be nice) but THE SONG WAS GOOD and I wasn't going to stop so I said I was allergic without slowing down. He keeps up with me and practically shoves it in my face and I yelled so hard at him "I'M ALLERGIC!!!!!!" and it kinda made him go "whoa" or whatever.

Anyway, when someone says they're allergic to something, you don't shove the item in their face.
    Also it is completely appropriate to be hostile to strange men who approach you at night in the middle of the street. This is not up for debate
  • glassyo
    Options

Also it is completely appropriate to be hostile to strange men who approach you at night in the middle of the street. This is not up for debate

Fair point!

I only question it because I used to be so shy and quiet. Never really had opinions and did whatever I was told. Now, in my old age, my resting *kitten* face is not an act and I have opinions (usually unpopular ones) all over the place and OMG have I found a voice! :)

• TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options

Fair point!

I only question it because I used to be so shy and quiet. Never really had opinions and did whatever I was told. Now, in my old age, my resting *kitten* face is not an act and I have opinions (usually unpopular ones) all over the place and OMG have I found a voice! :)

Love this.

Also I don’t know about where you are but in my old stomping grounds it used to be a fairly common scam to shove flowers into people’s hands and then charge them for it using guilt as a tactic.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    People that are always trying to "one up" you over the lack of sleep you got last night.

Here's your medal 🥇
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    People that are always trying to "one up" you over the lack of sleep you got last night.

Here's your medal 🥇
    I slept 8 miles in the snow uphill both ways