Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Nanerkay glad your leg is doing better. Those stairs are such a test each time!

Annie in Delaware
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This is a fast posting group and I made it through all of February and up to page 8 in March! I will catch up more later!

Thank you all for the heartfelt condolences. I appreciate these very much.

Somehow the Celebration of Life got set for Saturday March 11, 2023 outside of Boston. This is a little sooner than I had anticipated, but it will be good for the family to be together. This will be a family ceremony of about 30 people.
    Followed by lunch at an historical Inn where we will be staying. I am not looking forward to the travel. It is rather soon to fly and will be cold! I have a jacket on order from North Style to arrive tomorrow. I hope it fits!

I do have bursts of tears and will be joining a bereavement group. Most people have been very caring and interested in my husband and the obituary. This has been wonderful. Several friends from high school have been in contact. Unfortunately, a friend I considered a close friend here has not handled this so well. I went to visit her on Saturday and she was pre-occupied with the fact that her Internet was out. She was calling AT&T with me sitting there as a new widow. I left. Later she reminded me she had been a widow for 2 years. I have been a widow 6 days....she was fairly rude. But everyone else has been caring and sympathetic and I appreciate all their kind thoughts.

I am still not exercising...still tired...but I have put together a eulogy....and my son will give a eulogy and 4 people from the family will do readings...so I have an Order of Service put together. 3 high school friends will come to the Inn for dinner on Saturday evening.

I guess I'm rambling. I hope you are all well. Loved seeing Miles with the snowman and Heather I know you will get that scene from your bedroom window just the way you want it! Lanette..thank you for the poem. I do have regrets and they could turn into self pity. This is why I will do a bereavement group.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

So sorry for your loss of your husband. I'll pray for you and your family.
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I eat real fast I'm trying to slow down does anyone have any tips.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    nanerkay wrote: »
    I eat real fast I'm trying to slow down does anyone have any tips.

:) Do you eat alone? With family? With TV? The answers will be different in different settings.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Well, we met my friend from college. She’s looking good. I probably won’t log today, but I was careful about what I got. I had a lobster crab cake (actually, two) but sauteed instead of fried. Vegetables (I did ask for no butter, but I think they had it, just not a lot), rice (hey, better than french fries!) and just water to drink. Did have a few bites of the key lime pie we all shared and had to try some of the pineapple bread (you really couldn’t taste the pineapple). I’m thinking that since we ate so late, maybe we’ll go out for an ice cream. Good thing I went for the walk this morning!

Rosemarie – BIG BIG HUGS

nanerkay – I have the same problem – eating too fast. I am trying more and more to take smaller bites and to try putting my fork down for a few seconds.

Michele off to take a shower
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Melatonin- I used to take it but I hated the groggy feeling the next day from it. Even when taking half a pill plus always seemed to take a long time to start working- I wouldn't take it early enough because I felt so tired and thought I would have no problem sleeping.
    I really like my biochemic phosphate but will need to try something else as they have discontinued it and the one that the company suggested I try was out of stock when I checked. I do have another one to try when I do run out. This one works so fast and no side effects in the morning.

I tracked down the biochemic phosphate (Schuessler Tissue Salts) and it might be helping me too.

Thankfully I have the guard inside the mask that keeps it off my face a little. Does annoy my nose some- I think the nerves are growing back where they did the graft. It has been itchy/tickly the past few days. Skin still feels weird, like rubber. Hope that goes away sometime soon.
    Debbie

I know how you feel. My nose is both very sensitive and in places, it doesn't have feeling. It is still a little puffy in one spot.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I need to find my happy. Always counting my blessings though. There are many and that puts me in a good frame of mind.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

What do you like doing? You have the time now to focus on you. You sing, I believe. Is there anywhere you can go to sing?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    For the newcomers and those of us who have been here a while ... what is your favourite sport or exercise. :)
    For example ...

a50e64dycbs3.png

My favourite is front and centre there ... Cycling! :)

But I like a lot of the other choices:
    Walking
    Hiking
    Running
    Canoeing
    Rowing
    Pilates
    Weightlifting

I used to enjoy these and could see myself doing them again:
    Badminton
    Snowshoeing
    Cross Country Skiing
    Yoga

I'd like to try ... these are on that 50-Things list I mentioned a couple days ago:
    Archery
    Horse riding
    Fencing
    Dancing
    Duathlon
    Rock Climbing
    Orienteering

And you?

Here's Wikipedia's List of Sports to browse through
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports

Machka in Oz

PS. Looks like I missed 'swimming' from that word cloud! My husband used to enjoy swimming and I used to paddle about, but we're not sure how he would go with that now.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Im going cold turkey on the melatonin tonight..we shall see how it goes..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Melatonin- I used to take it but I hated the groggy feeling the next day from it. Even when taking half a pill plus always seemed to take a long time to start working- I wouldn't take it early enough because I felt so tired and thought I would have no problem sleeping.
    I really like my biochemic phosphate but will need to try something else as they have discontinued it and the one that the company suggested I try was out of stock when I checked. I do have another one to try when I do run out. This one works so fast and no side effects in the morning.

I tracked down the biochemic phosphate (Schuessler Tissue Salts) and it might be helping me too.

Thankfully I have the guard inside the mask that keeps it off my face a little. Does annoy my nose some- I think the nerves are growing back where they did the graft. It has been itchy/tickly the past few days. Skin still feels weird, like rubber. Hope that goes away sometime soon.
    Debbie

I know how you feel. My nose is both very sensitive and in places, it doesn't have feeling. It is still a little puffy in one spot.

M in Oz

I was wondering how yours was healing. I know your procedure was a little different than mine. The skin graft site is healing but still a bit sensitive. The spot on my nose doesn't look too bad but like you, it doesn't feel right.
    Have you heard how long it will take to feel "normal?"

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Options

Debbie

M in Oz

I was wondering how yours was healing. I know your procedure was a little different than mine. The skin graft site is healing but still a bit sensitive. The spot on my nose doesn't look too bad but like you, it doesn't feel right.

Debbie

A year, apparently.

That's from a couple other people I know who had the same or similar procedures. And from my doctor.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    [quote="Machka9;c-47343520"
    M in Oz

[/quote]

Debbie[/quote]

A year, apparently.

That's from a couple other people I know who had the same or similar procedures. And from my doctor.

M in Oz[/quote]

Wow- I hadn't heard it was that long. I guess I will wait before contacting my doctor.
    I don't remember my doctor telling me how long it would be

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well its 11:15 pm my time
    Not working well without the melatonin..maybe will try just one and see how that works.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    I need to find my happy. Always counting my blessings though. There are many and that puts me in a good frame of mind.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

What do you like doing? You have the time now to focus on you. You sing, I believe. Is there anywhere you can go to sing?

M in Oz

I haven't found a good fit yet, but I do get to play a certain piano in a shopping area that's fairly in tune. That is good for my hands. Don't know how many years I have to play so taking advantage of that. I might join a church as that is a great place to sing. Not too keen on the religious aspect, but I take away from a church setting a sense of peace. That's universal.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3